Time for RB to stand down immediately!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Time for RB to stand down immediately!

RB - the proxies have spoken.

5,000 of them!

That is surely a compelling enough stat to say the writing is on the wall now.

This is not a mere opinion poll by AC Neilsen, these are ACTUAL votes AGAINST you and your ticket!

5,000 is a huge proportion of eligible voters (approx. 30,000).

Sending a proxy off is not compulsory, plus it's only been a week, so expect more proxies to come in.

Please step aside immediately for stability at our club.

If you can't make the necessary decision now, please do it prior to trade week commencing.

If you wait until 23 October, trade week would have passed, and so too potential opportunites (not necessarily Judd, perhaps others....).

Our club can't afford to have 2 consecutive trade weeks with big instability (last year Lyon was appointed I think just before trade week began).

Timing is huge in this business....no point in holding out when little hope of winning is there.

Time to let your ego go and do what's best by your members!

Davo027
Club Player

saintspremiers ....Good to see that your entitled to your opinion & not influencing all other voting members. 8-)

Cheers

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

22,000 eligible voters. I reckon about a quarter will be uninterested. So let's say 17,000 concerned voters who will take an interest.

5000 is 30% of that ... and there are probably a few hundred more proxies which have arrived today.

I reckon SFF have already got a third of members covered.

So RB has to find more than that within the space of a month.

It ain't gunna happen ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Davo027 wrote:saintspremiers ....Good to see that your entitled to your opinion & not influencing all other voting members. 8-)

Cheers

Well I've had a gutful of RB and all his recent mistakes.

I didn't say Westaway was the messiah, a god, or how terrific SFF were/could be.

There are 2 tickets at the moment, and I'm prepared for a change on evidence put forward so far.

If Westaway doesn't deliver after 2 or 3 years, I'll quite happily turn against him if another potentially better option comes up.

I gather as you are within the club you have to publically support RB, and that is fair enough.
Last edited by saintspremiers on Wed 19 Sep 2007 3:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Going by this logic Johnny Howard should give it away now!

There is a process and a time line, let it follow due course.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
GrumpyOne

Joffa Burns wrote:Going by this logic Johnny Howard should give it away now!
Ummmm...... yes.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Incorrect - as I stated in the OP "this not just an opinion poll!"

bungiton
SS Life Member

If you are gonig to support the SFF with your proxy, understand this, they want to use your proxy to convince the current board, they will win an election at the planned EGM. If they hold enough proxies to show that regardless of an EGM the board will be removed they hope the current board realise that their positions will be spilled and replaced, and do the honourable thing and resign saving the cost of an EGM.

If you plan to give the rival ticket your vote, do it sooner rather than later.

Notice for all that are going to attack my mindless support for the spivs, stormtroopers, guttermouths and mindless hoardes that I prefaced my opinion above with if. I am not spamming or telling you how to place your vote or why.
The SFF ticket is trying to get as many proxies in as little time as possible in an effort to save money and a dirty spill.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Incorrect - as I stated in the OP "this not just an opinion poll!"
Is the proxy a vote to remove the Butterss administration?
Is the proxy binding?

If it is not binding (and we know it isn't) it is little more than an opinion poll showing us that 16% of members think a challenge to the Butterss administration is required.

Can't see how RB should stand down immediately based on this information.

How many of the 30K members (or however many proxy's have been posted) have not sent them back due to the fact they don't support FFS?

That is unknown, it may be the majority for all we know.

I think the proxy's warrant SFF challenging but can't see how it should enforce Rod to step down immediately.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Just for a bit of balance !!

How do you supply a proxy to the current board? I have received ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from Rod Butterss or the current board. I haven't even received official notice that there is to be an EGM. How much notice must be given to members prior to an EGM? Is it official that there is to be an EGM? Who is the company secretary responsible for notification of such matters?

There are lots of questions, but with deafening silence THERE ARE NO ANSWERS FORTHCOMING !!

The Peanut
Club Player

I would think that 5,000 is enough proxy's to take GW all the way

It is my understanding that a proxy vote is written permission to allow either Nathan Burke or Greg Westerway to vote on behalf of the member.

As far as declaring - I would think that GW and NB would arrange a meeting with the RB board and sit down and discuss the situation when they believe it is an appropriate time.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - the po-Westaway messiah complex jackbooted stormtroopers are up in arms because RB wanted an independant body to analyse the respective financial plans.

Oh Rod wants to take the voting away from the membership. Oh what a hide we are the only ones who can decide.

Now what do we have? The FFS saying all they got the proxies for was to pressure the board to stand down.

Well isn't that denying the members a vote?

The same thing that the Westaway acolytes were so furious about.

Well where is the condemnation now? Where is the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth? Where are the usual suspects to defend my rights to a free vote on my clubs future? (a right mind you that I have said i will not excercise, but anyhow i want it all the same :wink: )

Oh the rampant hypocricy of those who have fallen in love with the new messiah.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

And loving it joffaboy .... :D

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintlee
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:lol - the po-Westaway messiah complex jackbooted stormtroopers are up in arms because RB wanted an independant body to analyse the respective financial plans.

Oh Rod wants to take the voting away from the membership. Oh what a hide we are the only ones who can decide.

Now what do we have? The FFS saying all they got the proxies for was to pressure the board to stand down.

Well where is the condemnation now? Where is the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth? Where are the usual suspects to defend my rights to a free vote on my clubs future? (a right mind you that I have said i will not excercise, but anyhow i want it all the same :wink: )

I don't see how its denying the members a vote....the proxie just allows GW or NB to vote on your behalf with your permission....

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:lol - the po-Westaway messiah complex jackbooted stormtroopers are up in arms because RB wanted an independant body to analyse the respective financial plans.

Ahem, are you overlooking the fact that these proxies are indeed supplied by the membership base, allowing the recipient to use their vote how they see fit?

Are you overlooking the fact that this proxie use is actually a vote for SFF?

A spill of the board by using members proxies is not actually taking away the right of the members, it is actually utilising their rights.

I don't recall voting for Andrew Demitriou, or Adrian Andarseon, and don't see how their thoughts on opposing ticket plans are the correct use of members rights?

A little bit silly that post, usually at least you try to put a little thought into your rants, but hey, what would I know, their coming to take my proxie, must not let them take away my rights, must use my proxie to wipe up the mess after the board lets Andy and Adrian rappe me again!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
bendigo bob
Club Player

A pretty reasonable assessment JB.

Why dont we just let both parties take it to the members for a final decision. Its time to put up or shut up.

Having so many posts on here doesnt make one party right or wrong - no matter how impassioned some posts are.

We all have one vote so may the best party win.

Written and authorised by BB on behalf of himself.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote: Ahem, are you overlooking the fact that these proxies are indeed supplied by the membership base, allowing the recipient to use their vote how they see fit?

A spill of the board by using members proxies is not actually taking away the right of the members, it is actually utilising their rights.

I don't recall voting for Andrew Demitriou, or Adrian Andarseon, and don't see how their thoughts on opposing ticket plans are the correct use of members rights?
When they have 15,000 proxies or a complete majority they should try to deny me their vote bungi.

This is a disgraceful excercise of an attmepted takeover without going through the process.

Can anyone please give me the link where RB said he would not allow the members to have a vote.

IIRC he said he would step down if the AFl siad the FFS detailed financial plans and strategic plan was better than his - exactly what the FFS is attempting to do with their proxy proxies.

But where is the hue and cry about our rights here?

Where is the Westaway Gestapho when this comes to light? I dunno, out beating up untermitchen?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:44am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Everton

post deleted
Last edited by Mr Magic on Wed 19 Sep 2007 4:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
bungiton wrote: Ahem, are you overlooking the fact that these proxies are indeed supplied by the membership base, allowing the recipient to use their vote how they see fit?

When they have 15,000 proxies or a complete majority they should try to deny me their vote bungi.

This is a disgraceful excercise of an attmepted takeover without going through the process.

Can anyone please give me the link where RB said he would not allow the members to have a vote.

IIRC he said he would step down if the AFl siad the FFS detailed financial plans and strategic plan was better than his - exactly what the FFS is attempting to do with their proxy proxies.

But where is the hue and cry about our rights here?

Where is the Westaway Gestapho when this comes to light? I dunno, out beating up untermitchen?
Misinformation is better than no information at all hey?

A majority in proxies is a majority, you have the right to vote, at the moment you can do it by proxy. You even have the right to change your mind. if you fell so strongly send your proxie in to RB and crew immediately, I'm sure they would value your support, I fail to see how youo equate getting a valid majority of members votes to cause a spill as taking rights away from members.

Seems to me you're either now just taking the piss or simply being aggrieved because you think somebody should be. You keep up the whole stormtrooper crap because you want somebody to blame. Well blame me, I'm at fault.

All i see at the moment are pretty much silly ramblings, you ask not to be abused but expect the right to be able to abuse or ridicule anyone who doesn't agree with your views, not that you give a view, just scream about how a legal process is taking away the rights to a legal process, attack anyone who has valid concerns as messianic drones and attack their right to reply, simply because they resort to trying to outline their reason.

Simple vote or don't vote, don't attack people for having an opinion.

mischa
Club Player

lol - the po-Westaway messiah complex jackbooted stormtroopers are up in arms because RB wanted an independant body to analyse the respective financial plans.
An independent body :roll: You don't mean Andy's AFL :roll: :roll: You've got to be joking. That is precisely why Westaway won't do it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
An independent body :roll: You don't mean Andy's AFL :roll: :roll: You've got to be joking. That is precisely why Westaway won't do it.
Exhibit No.1 you honour.

More smokescreening and deflection from the pro messiah faction. :roll:

Got any proof apart from mudslinging heresay? :roll:

Lance or James??

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
mischa wrote:
Exhibit No.1 you honour.

More smokescreening and deflection from the pro messiah faction. :roll:

Got any proof apart from mudslinging heresay? :roll:
You tend to love the term mudslinging to label anyone who uses their opinion and their right as a member to favour an alternative ticket. doesnt the fact that you choose to label these people as
joffaboy wrote: the po-Westaway messiah complex jackbooted stormtroopers
also in fact qualify as mudslinging?

The people who state their intentions are infact not SMOKESCREENING, as far as i can tell they're quite open in their support one way or the other, what is your vested interest?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Ummmm...... yes.

why...for that little turd rudd...who is actually just a creation of a p r firm.????.ffs....anyway...back to footy matters......

....sff for me i think.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Richter
SS Life Member

bendigo bob wrote:Why dont we just let both parties take it to the members for a final decision. Its time to put up or shut up.
If Rod does stand down then the need for an EGM is obviated, saving the club some few hundred thousand dollars and giving us some board stability through trade week and leading up to the draft. Also longer for the new board to sort out sponsorships etc. for next year.

These are all good reasons to get on with a spill now.

On the other hand, the need to hear in a bit more detail what the financial plans are from the new ticket, the cathartic effect that an EGM might have and the strength of a democratic process are all good reasons for him not to give up and for the EGM to go ahead.

On balance, and it is a close one, I would prefer to have an EGM, albeit as things stand I would prefer SFF to win any vote.
Joffaboy wrote:Where is the Westaway Gestapho when this comes to light? I dunno, out beating up untermitchen?
I'll overlook the spelling of "Gestapho" as a typo, but really, what are these "untermitchen"? I think perhaps you mean "untermenschen" - german for sub-humans.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...