While were at it, can we have a challenge to the CS?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

While were at it, can we have a challenge to the CS?

Guys, we have a thread locked about the CS cuase it seems the heat is a bit hot to handle in the kitchen for a 15 YEAR OLD??? wtf!

Its time to get real, out with the current and in with the new. A "new" with some balls and not full of little kids and old women with ridiculous embarassing chants. Im sick of having a wimpy girly CS, do I have to cringe 50 times every time I go to a saints game??? Lordy.

Kudos for the ctual WORK involved, I dont see anything wrong with the banners, and you cant question the passion ( I think), but like butterss and co., you have done a good job, but its TIME to move on...

And I say all of ther above with only a little tongue in cheek.

I am serious when I say its just ridiculous we have a 15 year old spokesperson who cant cop it on the chin, or see the folly that is the CS's childish wimpy chanting. Locked thread??? :shock: Come on mods, this isnt cold war russia.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

well, stop having a cry and form your own CS!
make your own banners, buy your own floggers and flags
organise bus trips interstate with match day tickets at the gabba and subi, and if worse turns worse even TIO stadium in darwin!
please do it, i want to see this! its going to be so funny when you are all alone trying to hold up your banner and you shaking 15 floggers! :lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

From the other thread:
Spinner wrote: I dont like the banners & I dont like the woo woo woo chant...But you know what....

I dont put in for being part of the social club...I dont give up my time nor effort. So those guys can do what ever the f*** they want to. Good on ya CS.
Exactly right. All you people calling for a 'challenge' to teh CS, or abusing them, why dont you join it and make it better? Because you cant be arsed?
They can, they put in the effort so dont abuse them, help them.

The CS try their hearts out. Like Spinner, I dont especially like the chants but they put in the work and you dont so put up or shut up.
Last edited by n1ck on Mon 01 Oct 2007 7:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:well, stop having a cry and form your own CS!
organise bus trips interstate with match day tickets at the gabba and subi, and if worse turns worse even TIO stadium in darwin!
please do it, i want to see this! its going to be so funny when you are all alone trying to hold up your banner and you shaking 15 floggers! :lol:
See, this is what im getting at. Dude, your 15 and dont have the life experience to deal with this. You should be thinking well, maybe changes could be made, maybe its time for revamp, maybe there is a better way, maybe change would boost numbers, maybe we could be the biggest CS in the game....

Instead, you get all childish about it. Dont doubt your passion mate, and you support the saints so that makes you alright by me in the end, but ther CS is rudderless in its current state.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:From the other thread:
Spinner wrote: I dont like the banners & I dont like the woo woo woo chant...But you know what....

I dont put in for being part of the social club...I dont give up my time nor effort. So those guys can do what ever the f*** they want to. Good on ya CS.
Exactly right. All you people calling for a 'challenge' to teh CS, or abusing them, why dont you join it and make it better? Because you cant be arsed?
They can, they put in the effort.

see my post above.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

all im saying is that if anyone has a problem, dont start being rude and telling us what we should and shouldnt chant.
join the CS your self and say it in person, not by hiding behind your computer screan.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
n1ck wrote:From the other thread:

They can, they put in the effort.

see my post above.
Join the CS then. Make some suggestions and put it to them.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The problem is, your proposed changes require people to actually volunteer and spend time enacting those changes.

Less women and kids? Okay, so by that you want young and middle-aged men.
Where are you going to get them from? Advertise? Phone survey?

Better chants? Fair enough, that's something the CS could look at, but I am sure their chants seem fine to them. Maybe you could send them some suggestions?

Bigger? There is information sent to every member about joining the CS, and the numbers you get are those who reply. Not sure what more they can do.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
saintdooley wrote:well, stop having a cry and form your own CS!
See, this is what im getting at. Dude, your 15 and dont have the life experience to deal with this. You should be thinking well, maybe changes could be made, maybe its time for revamp, maybe there is a better way, maybe change would boost numbers, maybe we could be the biggest CS in the game....

Instead, you get all childish about it. Dont doubt your passion mate, and you support the saints so that makes you alright by me in the end, but ther CS is rudderless in its current state.
agreed entirely...

having a 15 year old spokesperson for the cheer squad is rather degrading espeically when our concers and demands are clear as day

to be truthful i would happily put $$$ towards the reformation of a new cheer squad as when i go down the few times yearly that i do....i dont want to hear the childish crapola that comes from behind the goals

the more this gets stirred up the more forumites come out and state it is run by a clique who is resistant to change...not good enough

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

maybe we should just accept the fact that our CS sucks balls, and the rest of us will need to compensate by lifting our game and getting a bit rowdier

20,000 crazy fans should be able to have a bigger impact than 100 overweight men and old ladies

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Just discovered the locked CS thread - am onto page 2

f****** loving it

There is nothing like what i assume to be a grown man (after a few drinks) baiting and abusing a 15 year old after 11 o clock at night

Keep it coming

This is vintage SS

Degeneration = Entertainment

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:all im saying is that if anyone has a problem, dont start being rude and telling us what we should and shouldnt chant.
join the CS your self and say it in person, not by hiding behind your computer screan.
but everytime somewhere here decides to vent (and even without intention to stir trouble)

YOU tell them to go have a cry...

now thats not very mature...

it stirs up more more angst buddy

you just stated that some of us should join the cheer squad...however it would seem difficult to join such a clique would it not???

countless times people have come on here stating that the cheer squad is unreceptive to change and are not exactly open to new members....

to me that is saying something

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Oh When the Saints wrote:The problem is, your proposed changes require people to actually volunteer and spend time enacting those changes.

Less women and kids? Okay, so by that you want young and middle-aged men.
Where are you going to get them from? Advertise? Phone survey?

Better chants? Fair enough, that's something the CS could look at, but I am sure their chants seem fine to them. Maybe you could send them some suggestions?

Bigger? There is information sent to every member about joining the CS, and the numbers you get are those who reply. Not sure what more they can do.

It certainly needs a influx of supporters other than older ladies and kids.

We all know , from people here, how unapprochable the CS is! I mean , why does the moorabbin wing even exist? The CS would be one of those reasons.

What would they say if I, or anyone else approached them and suggested change/modification? We have seen what that has acjieved in the past. Call it elitist, call it what you will, but this attitude is what is holding it back.

IF I was involved, I would be CONSTANTLY looking at ways of evolving and building the CS. I would be concerned that so many think it is a complete joke and racking my brains trying to think of ways of getting these guys on board. Instead, its as if they exist in their own little world!!

Now please, enough of this "but they put in so much work" stuff, please, lets just discuss. I already acknowledged the work they put in in my first post. This is nt the issue.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
20,000 crazy fans should be able to have a bigger impact than 100 overweight men and old ladies
you took that way to far! that can be really personal!
and are you sure thoes 20,000 other fans are crazier than the cs? obvioulsy not, because ive been to every ground over australia, and at every inter state game i have looked for the MW, but i just cant find them! where did they go? ...ohhh thats right, the stay home and watch the game..

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
and are you sure thoes 20,000 other fans are crazier than the cs? obvioulsy not, because ive been to every ground over australia, and at every inter state game i have looked for the MW, but i just cant find them! where did they go? ...ohhh thats right, the stay home and watch the game..
100 overweight men is exactly what it needs! And the old ladies are great, you wouldnt be booting them out, BUT it needs more than the ladies and kids, thats my point.

And lets not get abusive and get the damn thread locked.

I want there to be positive discussion now that it is the off season, just maybe we can make some progress. Who the hell actually fair dunkum runs the CS anyway? If they post here, I am unaware of it..

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Lol how can you have a MW at a interstate game?

battye
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley, instead of getting on the defensive every time somebody offers a suggestion and replying with "Well why don't you join the CS yourself?!" (which I hear is quite difficult anyway...), why don't you pass the ideas on to the relevant people within the Cheer Squad :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
i can be safe in saying that people will not travel by themselves to go interstate to see the team play

they would much rather join a group and go interstate...a big group at that...to which the cheer squad offers...

you can't really gain entry to something that won't let you enter...
Last edited by Saints Premiers 2008 on Mon 01 Oct 2007 7:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
thats what i'm saying, stuff the CS, the rest of us need to lift our game and make the CS irrelevant

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

What he said ^

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
thats what i'm saying, stuff the CS, the rest of us need to lift our game and make the CS irrelevant
where is the MW in correlation to the CS???

silly question i know but everytime i head on down i always forget to find out so i can book tickets in or close to it....

Quixote
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote: you just stated that some of us should join the cheer squad...however it would seem difficult to join such a clique would it not???

countless times people have come on here stating that the cheer squad is unreceptive to change and are not exactly open to new members....

They are a ruthless gestapo operation

Its like trying to become a mason

They're right-wing little pimps too

I once went down there, just to say hello, took my girlfriend

We were stopped, five rows back from the inner squad, by a ninety-four year-old woman with iron-inforced dentures, a foul tongue and a de la hoya right hook

Should be rounded up and brushed under the carpet

Degenerates

Little hacks cant even chant

What Krishna rejects, our CS gets

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote: you just stated that some of us should join the cheer squad...however it would seem difficult to join such a clique would it not???

They are a ruthless gestapo operation

Its like trying to become a mason

They're right-wing little pimps too

I once went down there, just to say hello, took my girlfriend

We were stopped, five rows back from the inner squad, by a ninety-four year-old woman with iron-inforced dentures, a foul tongue and a de la hoya right hook

Should be rounded up and brushed under the carpet

Degenerates

Little hacks cant even chant

What Krishna rejects, our CS gets
hail hitler???

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Lol how can you have a MW at a interstate game?
very easy!
anyone ever heard of the Outer Army? if you havent its an army (2nd CS the port fans have made) and it is awesome!
they run bus trips, and organise flights to games! its awesome, and im a member! its free! my mate is a member and he goes to 16 port games a year, and he lives in Vic! we always sit in the outer army at the G, TD and Skilled Stadium!
if you havent heard about it, look it up, and then you can see exactly what im talking about by the mw can do better than what they are! info on the outer army is on www.thepowerfromport.com

p.s, im not going to talk on this thread any more (unless someone says some sh!t and i cant help myself) so if you want new chants in, and old ones out, make a list and comittee members from the CS do read off this site, and do take note! but once something is said (e.g, woo woo wooo chant to be taken out) please dont repeat it!
:wink: cya

Quixote
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Lol how can you have a MW at a interstate game?
very easy!
anyone ever heard of the Outer Army? if you havent its an army (2nd CS the port fans have made) and it is awesome!
they run bus trips, and organise flights to games! its awesome, and im a member! its free! my mate is a member and he goes to 16 port games a year, and he lives in Vic! we always sit in the outer army at the G, TD and Skilled Stadium!
if you havent heard about it, look it up, and then you can see exactly what im talking about by the mw can do better than what they are! info on the outer army is on www.thepowerfromport.com

p.s, im not going to talk on this thread any more (unless someone says some sh!t and i cant help myself) so if you want new chants in, and old ones out, make a list and comittee members from the CS do read off this site, and do take note! but once something is said (e.g, woo woo wooo chant to be taken out) please dont repeat it!
:wink: cya
How about this for a chant Dooley?

Lets Go SAINTERS Lets - Go!

Then just repeat that for the next three hours

You fascist little twat

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo