Fiora: Is he still soft???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Fiora: Is he still soft???

Fiora was most of our favourite players to bag the shyte out of due to his softness up and until this season began.

IMO he has turned the corner somewhat.....whilst he is not as hard as we'd like to him to be, he's certainly proved his worth in the side and is far more valueable now than 12 months ago.

But IMO to say because he's a bit on the soft side means he's not worthy of a spot in the 22 is wrong.

I doubt he'll ever be one of my favourite players, but it's hard to really like all of the 22 players on the field/selected side each week equally!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

He is not the softest player going around but he still isn't exactly a hardnut, he doesn't mind taking a bump, my main problem with him is his consistency or his lack of it, if he could put in a solid 4 quarter game more often I would rate him a lot higher than what he is doing atm...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:He is not the softest player going around but he still isn't exactly a hardnut, he doesn't mind taking a bump, my main problem with him is his consistency or his lack of it, if he could put in a solid 4 quarter game more often I would rate him a lot higher than what he is doing atm...
You're bang on the money Armo... Plenty of times this season Fizz racked up 8-10 disposals in a quarter then failed to gather more than 6-8 touches for the rest of the game... Very flashy player who tends to bob in and out of games. We need him to be on song consistently - and only then will he become a VALUABLE asset to the side.

The Saints are coming!
midas_touch
Club Player

He just needs to work more on his consistency as well as his goalkicking (used to be a very good shot on the run if I can recall). Having said that, Fiora is a solid contributor to the side and has improved this year. Still a GOP, but has earned his place in our best 22.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Nick_DalSantos_Girll
Club Player

fioooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaa

rozannanazar.blogspot.com
Solar
Saintsational Legend

like many of our mids, needs to develop more gut running and I agree with the thoughts on his goal kicking.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:like many of our mids, needs to develop more gut running and I agree with the thoughts on his goal kicking.
Yeah his goal kicking really let us down, he could have kicked 30+ goals if he knew he was supposed to kick it between the big sticks...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fiora: Is he still soft???

saintspremiers wrote:Fiora was most of our favourite players to bag the shyte out of due to his softness up and until this season began.

IMO he has turned the corner somewhat.....whilst he is not as hard as we'd like to him to be, he's certainly proved his worth in the side and is far more valueable now than 12 months ago.

But IMO to say because he's a bit on the soft side means he's not worthy of a spot in the 22 is wrong.

I doubt he'll ever be one of my favourite players, but it's hard to really like all of the 22 players on the field/selected side each week equally!

Speak for yourself...purely because of the crap he cops from a select few on here (one poster even sledging him in his sig) I take particular pleasure in seeing Fizz play well. I was very happy with his 2008 season and yes EVERY player who pulls on the RW&B each week has my respect. I dont turn up to a game with any of our players in my sights. If thats rose-coloured glasses then I'll cope

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Solar wrote:like many of our mids, needs to develop more gut running and I agree with the thoughts on his goal kicking.
Yeah his goal kicking really let us down, he could have kicked 30+ goals if he knew he was supposed to kick it between the big sticks...
I think it comes down to confidence because when he spins the ball off the boot there is no one better but he shanks it too much. It got to stage where I could tell the second it came off the boot whether it was spinning right.

FQF
In richo I trust

Saints94
SS Life Member

Goalkicking is a problem

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

his decision making under pressure is suspect.

since the start of 06 he hasn't been soft.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Duggie
Club Player

You seem to have answered your own question SP :lol:

A Saint Forever!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i thought he was much improvement this season from fiona, as one of the guys i go to the games with persists in calling him.

he's not soft. no-one who plays afl football really is.

then again he's not exactly a hard nut either. but i do seem to recall him pulling in a spectacular and gutsy mark one night at the dome this season.

he's a very skilled player and if he can get some confidence happening with his goal-kicking then look out.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:but i do seem to recall him pulling in a spectacular and gutsy mark one night at the dome this season.
Wasn't that in Perth?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
bigcarl wrote:but i do seem to recall him pulling in a spectacular and gutsy mark one night at the dome this season.
Wasn't that in Perth?
In rd 10 against cats?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Wasn't that in Perth?
In rd 10 against cats?
Oh ok I'm thinking of the one where he almost broke his neck, I'm pretty sure that you guys are thinking of a different one...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Wasn't that in Perth?
might have been, can't remember. maybe there were a couple. the point is he took at least one very courageous mark.

FullMonty
Club Player

I am so over the Fizz bagging.
Leave the kid alone and start supporting him ffs

Montyrules!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Wasn't that in Perth?
might have been, can't remember. maybe there were a couple. the point is he took at least one very courageous mark.
there was one against I think WCE at the dome late in the season.

One of my pet hates are people who call him fiona, it's so not original and is usually done by those who love bagging all our players.

FQF
In richo I trust

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Wasn't that in Perth?
there was one against I think WCE at the dome late in the season.

One of my pet hates are people who call him fiona, it's so not original and is usually done by those who love bagging all our players.
Completely agree, people should show him more respect and refer to him by his real name Sharon Fiora...

In all seriousness though he is hard enough to be in the team it just depends whether or not anyone can force him out of the team like Armitage etc.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Not in my opinion. He's turned that corner and I believe has earnt the respect of his team mates.

The pressure of being a high draft pick is off him now he's away from Richmond and only Tiger supporters will persist with calling him soft as a way of not recognising that he's become a better player at St Kilda than he could ever have been playing out of Gump Road. The last thing Richmond need is another wasted high draft pick of theirs winning a flag at another club.

Help make it happen Aaron!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Gump Road
:lol: :D hadn't heard that one before

battye
Saintsational Legend

He almost broke his neck going for (and taking) a mark earlier this year and threads like this continue to pop up. Unbelievable.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:He almost broke his neck going for (and taking) a mark earlier this year and threads like this continue to pop up. Unbelievable.
To be fair though, they have pretty much all been positive comments, he is becoming more and more accepted and hopefully he will improve further in 2008

battye
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
battye wrote:He almost broke his neck going for (and taking) a mark earlier this year and threads like this continue to pop up. Unbelievable.
To be fair though, they have pretty much all been positive comments, he is becoming more and more accepted and hopefully he will improve further in 2008
I was replying to the original poster, sorry, I should have made that clear :lol:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD