Ross Lyon: "There's no sacred cows at St Kilda"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon: "There's no sacred cows at St Kilda"

Article on Robert Harvey and his thoughts

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

Ross Lyon wrote:There's no sacred cows at St Kilda.
Robert Harvey wrote:Nearing the start of a 21st and final season, Harvey feels fit, strong and hungry for premiership success.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon: "There's no sacred cows at St Kilda"

isn't barks4eva a sacred cow?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon: "There's no sacred cows at St Kilda"

bigcarl wrote:isn't barks4eva a sacred cow?
no - not sacred ;)

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Another sacred cow thread? Will this run to over 20 pages too?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
markp
Saintsational Legend

I think we'd find out whether Robert Harvey is a sacred cow or not if we were heading into Grand Final week and he was only say 70-80% fit...

ctqs
Club Player

Whatever it is he's holding in that photo looks to have been dumped by a sacred cow. Or a scared one, more like it.
:lol:

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:Whatever it is he's holding in that photo looks to have been dumped by a sacred cow. Or a scared one, more like it.
:lol: good one

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I think we'd find out whether Robert Harvey is a sacred cow or not if we were heading into Grand Final week and he was only say 70-80% fit...
i think ross would have no choice but to play him.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:I think we'd find out whether Robert Harvey is a sacred cow or not if we were heading into Grand Final week and he was only say 70-80% fit...
i'd think that many of us would be down at morrabbin picketing ross lyon's offices if harvey wasn't picked.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
i'd think that many of us would be down at morrabbin picketing ross lyon's offices if harvey wasn't picked.
tough decisions need to be made

i believe ross is the no-nonsense asshole we need as a coach to make them

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
tough decisions need to be made

i believe ross is the no-nonsense asshole we need as a coach to make them
he'd be damned if he did and probably lynched if he didn't. sentiment would win out though.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I know Harvey is a total hero to all Saints, me included, and nobody in the AFL is more due a premiership than him, but I'm sure most of us would rather a Flag without Harvey than a losing GF with him.

Given the choice, I'm afraid its pretty clear, so I agree with Lyon on this one, regardless of how it sounds.

ben_fff
Club Player

riccardo wrote:
saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I know Harvey is a total hero to all Saints, me included, and nobody in the AFL is more due a premiership than him, but I'm sure most of us would rather a Flag without Harvey than a losing GF with him.

Given the choice, I'm afraid its pretty clear, so I agree with Lyon on this one, regardless of how it sounds.
haha, you're talking about it like we've made a grand final and Harvey isn't fit and Lyon has actually ruled Harvey out.

markp
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

It's the stuff nightmares are made of... of course it would depend on the nature of his injury etc., but I'm sure if it was thought it may harm our chances he would not play. Having said that, surely he would be given just a couple of percent leeway because of who he is?

...and surely the gods could never be so cruel! How bitter sweet a victory would be without him.

james rose
Club Player

think picking him would help the other players

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:Another sacred cow thread? Will this run to over 20 pages too?
I have copyrighted the original thread and will be releasing it in the near future in paperback.

Steven Speiberg has expressed interest in the movie rights, but I am holding out until Brad Pitt is confirmed as playing me. Danny De Vito has already accepted the part of B4E.

HarveysDeciple

even if he is 10% fit, Harvey's sheer pressence in a grand final would give our side the extra motivation (not that you should need it for a granny)...and I couldn't see Harvey possibly putting in a bad game in a GF, no matter how injured.

That mans will would go a fair way.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Another sacred cow thread? Will this run to over 20 pages too?
I have copyrighted the original thread and will be releasing it in the near future in paperback.

Steven Speiberg has expressed interest in the movie rights, but I am holding out until Brad Pitt is confirmed as playing me. Danny De Vito has already accepted the part of B4E.
There is a casting error there. Danny? Surely it must be Paul Bettany to play B4E? Surely.

Have you seen the Da Vinci Code. Bettany plays Silas, the albino monk.....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Would you play Harvey?

I cite article #1, Willis Reed:

http://www.nba.com/history/reedwins_moments.html

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

There is a casting error there. Danny? Surely it must be Paul Bettany to play B4E? Surely.

IMO Bettany would bestow the character with too much menace, De Vito's style would see him playing the role as a comic misfit...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Harvey to be played by Matt Damon. Square 'Jason Bourne' jaw and all.

Have you seen Matt Damon's latest video?

Check it out.

http://video.tvguide.com/ID/683875

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

IMO Bettany would bestow the character with too much menace, De Vito's style would see him playing the role as a comic misfit...
Ah, now I see your casting thinking. A bit like Adam Sandler in Waterboy.

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:Harvey to be played by Matt Damon. Square 'Jason Bourne' jaw and all.

Have you seen Matt Damon's latest video?

Check it out.

http://video.tvguide.com/ID/683875
Not getting much airplay on radio. :shock:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Damn funny though!!

Background: Jimmy Kimmel ends each show with "sorry to Matt Damon, but we are out of time" as a joke.

He had Matt Damon on as a guest and to continue the joke, told him that there was no time. Matt Damon blew up and swore at him with many bleeps.

This next video, written and sung by Kimmel's girlfriend, Sarah Silverman, is more payback and it one of the funnier things I've seen a celebrity do.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Agree.

I would rather win a flag without a Harvey but with a drug addict/criminal or the like (like what WCE did a few years ago) than come second with Harvs and a team of cleanskins!

It's all about winning the flag - how it happens and with who in your side is
less important.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.