Blake Injury?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbart
Club Player

Blake Injury?

Did anyone at the ground notice Blake coming off in the last quarter limping? It appeared to be either an ankle or calf???

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

looked fine walking off the ground with the team...no ice from what i remember or crutches which is good news

esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Blake Injury?

saintbart wrote:Did anyone at the ground notice Blake coming off in the last quarter limping? It appeared to be either an ankle or calf???

didnt see it thanks for bringign it to my attention, will keep an eye on it.

saintbart
Club Player

I was not at the game and have mentioned this as I have seen something on another site.

Have a look at http://www.fanfooty.com.au/game/matchscores.html?id=739 and hover your mouse over the 'band-aid' symbol on Blake's name. This is where my query originated.

I have found the fanfooty site to be fairly accurate in the past, so it puzzles me if no one else saw this at the game.

saintpaul74
Club Player

On the home page of that site It has a list of Injured players and a list of sore players and Blake is listed only as sore.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the blake haters will be hoping its a long term injury, but as someone who finds worth in his contribution i hope he delivers 20 plus games of quality football for the saints and tastes premiership success.

i'd say he's one of the hardest working, most couragious players in the club.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint-stu
Club Player

I noticed him limping back to the bench, but didn't see what happened.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:the blake haters will be hoping its a long term injury, but as someone who finds worth in his contribution i hope he delivers 20 plus games of quality football for the saints and tastes premiership success.

i'd say he's one of the hardest working, most couragious players in the club.
thats going way to far

he's an honest player who at times has major brain melt-downs...i dont see how that is couragious???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:the blake haters will be hoping its a long term injury.
possibly the stupidist thing iv ever read

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote: i hope he delivers 20 plus games of quality football for the saints and tastes premiership success.

That is all anyone hopes Dan.

Problem is to date that he has never strung anywhere near that number of quality games together.

Blake's best is best 22 stuff.....but his delivered average form to date is not best 22. To keep his spot he is going to have to improve on his average form....and play more often near his best.

His game against the Tigers was good.

He needs to back that up with a good game against the Cats the following week...and hen each week after that...or at least the vast majority of the time.

His game against the Tigers in the backline was good....but to play there in the H&A...he needs to displace Gilbert, or Gram, or L Fisher Or BJ.

L Fisher is going to be under the pump to keep his spot.

Demspter too will be sniffing around.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:hope he delivers 20 plus games of quality football for the saints and tastes premiership success. i'd say he's one of the hardest working, most courageous players in the club.
hear hear. i've heard he is very highly regarded with the people that count and it won't surprise me in the least to see him play most matches this season barring injury

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I have never been anything near a Blake hater but I would be surprised if he could get a game this season, I would expect Goddard to take his position...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!