08 Guernseys Now Availible

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

08 Guernseys Now Availible

New 2008 guernseys are up on the Saints online shop, and some rather ordinary looking photos too I might add. But at least it is a start. I might wait for the long-sleeve version to be available before I get one though, but great to see the new gear starting to filter through.

Still no clash design or anything on the site, anyone know what the clash guernsey will be (if we have one), cause of Burke and Westaways comments about that faded logo rubbish.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

I have a feeling the red one from the practice match might be a clash jumper. Just a feeling i had.

Too lazy to update my username
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: 08 Guernseys Now Availible

Huzzad wrote:New 2008 guernseys are up on the Saints online shop, and some rather ordinary looking photos too I might add. But at least it is a start. I might wait for the long-sleeve version to be available before I get one though, but great to see the new gear starting to filter through.

Still no clash design or anything on the site, anyone know what the clash guernsey will be (if we have one), cause of Burke and Westaways comments about that faded logo rubbish.

thanks mate :D. going to get my before round one thats for sure.

Huzzad
Club Player

No prob St Eddy. I was gunna order one right then and there, but I really prefer the long sleeves myself. I have a long sleeve one with Mortgage House still on it but unfortunately it has shrunk.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
esaint66
SS Life Member

Huzzad wrote:No prob St Eddy. I was gunna order one right then and there, but I really prefer the long sleeves myself. I have a long sleeve one with Mortgage House still on it but unfortunately it has shrunk.

haha much the same with my fraser gehrig skin tight guernsey :lol:

SharpShooter
Club Player

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:I have a feeling the red one from the practice match might be a clash jumper. Just a feeling i had.
I don't think so. We've been told before that it needed to be predominately white so unless its all started from scratch for the new season I doubt it will be red.

I quite like that white version of the hot cross bun design, since its about the only one we'd really get away with having as a 'clash' stripe.

milney044
Club Player

With the red clash used for intra club.. why cant we just put that in white and use that. It sure beats the faded pyjama tops we're using now.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
esaint66
SS Life Member

i would like to see the hot croos bun design with a black cross and red inner stripe.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:With the red clash used for intra club.. why cant we just put that in white and use that. It sure beats the faded pyjama tops we're using now.

They walk amongst us...

milney044
Club Player

just a suggestion :?

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:just a suggestion :?
Just an observation... :wink:

They walk amongst us...

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
milney044 wrote:just a suggestion :?
Just an observation... :wink:
Justin Timberlake. Image

milney044
Club Player

lol. just in time ..ahh this could go on for a while

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'm 99% sure it will be the crappy faded top again.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I'm 99% sure it will be the crappy faded top again.
Well let me hand you that other 1%...

I want to end this here and now (and never hear about it again!)

We are wearing the white jumper that we wore in 2007 as our clash guernsey in 2008.

This is because we have a 2 year contract to fulfil with the AFL when we submitted the design.

I just want to emphasise that full stop...

They walk amongst us...

esaint66
SS Life Member

HSVKing wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:I'm 99% sure it will be the crappy faded top again.
Well let me hand you that other 1%...

I want to end this here and now (and never hear about it again!)

We are wearing the white jumper that we wore in 2007 as our clash guernsey in 2008.

This is because we have a 2 year contract to fulfil with the AFL when we submitted the design.

I just want to emphasise that full stop...

hahah my mate will be excstatic to hear that he loves that top me on the other hand :x

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing is right, we're stuck with it for another year, I would expect my white hot cross bun top to be given the go ahead because the people in charge read this forum and they ill have read the positive feedback...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:HSVKing is right, we're stuck with it for another year, I would expect my white hot cross bun top to be given the go ahead because the people in charge read this forum and they ill have read the positive feedback...

hey armoooo can you post a picture of the jumper here. thanks:D

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
Armoooo wrote:HSVKing is right, we're stuck with it for another year, I would expect my white hot cross bun top to be given the go ahead because the people in charge read this forum and they ill have read the positive feedback...

Here are a range of designs we came up with a few months ago, all our better than the faded apron IMO...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
saint edward wrote:

Here are a range of designs we came up with a few months ago, all our better than the faded apron IMO...

hahah yeah there great thanks mate. i love option 6, 7 and 11.

i just hope that the saints take notice of those jumpers and if you havent already send this to the saints because i would love to wear any one of these and i would wear it with pride not like the faded pj top.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Hey like option 8 well done.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry my good man I have already been in contact with the club, they will be reviewing the '09 range in the next month or so, I would assume that option number 6 will be given the go ahead because it has recieved the most positive feedback (and I'm not just saying that because it's my own design :lol: ) Having said that though, option 11 is the type of jumper that seems to be the flavour of the month in the AFL, wouldn't mind it but probably wouldn't buy it...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

#3, #6, and #14 are standouts for clash jumpers. They allow for "predominantly white" as per AFL request/regulation.

However, I would actually prefer a white version of the tops we had at the intra-club.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Don't worry my good man I have already been in contact with the club, they will be reviewing the '09 range in the next month or so, I would assume that option number 6 will be given the go ahead because it has recieved the most positive feedback (and I'm not just saying that because it's my own design :lol: ) Having said that though, option 11 is the type of jumper that seems to be the flavour of the month in the AFL, wouldn't mind it but probably wouldn't buy it...

great thanks mate. hope to see your design in 09. :D

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:#3, #6, and #14 are standouts for clash jumpers. They allow for "predominantly white" as per AFL request/regulation.

However, I would actually prefer a white version of the tops we had at the intra-club.
Do you like the stripes in the middle?
Or would you prefer them on the side like with our training jumpers (which we already have in white)
Personally I thought the intra clubs were disgusting with the stripes down the middle, but I love the training ones...