People living in WA

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

megs4#31
Club Player

People living in WA

How frustrating is it that for 2 weeks in a row, even if you have foxtel, we can't watch the saints live!!!!

i'm really pissed off.
Round 1 we had to watch west coast play and now this week we have to watch fremantle play on BOTH WIN and Foxsports. Bloody stupid thats what i say.
I'm not one to watch the game after its finished unless something spectacular happens. Guess i'll have to either not find out the results OR not watch the game.

Its bad enough being surrounded by crazy eagles and dockers supporters up here in isolated northern WA, i dont need to be deprived on my footy team as well!!!!

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

For every other reason other than football, I'd love to live in WA.

Is there no internet coverage either?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
The Peanut
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Is there no internet coverage either?
I don't know where 'megs4#31' lives but from experience I have found that many remote areas of WA (and indeed elsewhere) don't have broadband access and the dial-up speed can be as low as 26k. This makes it's impossible to get streaming audio and even access the AFL/Bigpond site.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i think its a bloody poor situation. The so called expansion of the game is being punished by te lack of coverage outside of victoria.

if i was to pay for foxtel, in particular fox sports, i would expect 4 live games a round, with the game on foxtel being different to the game on foxtel.

i was in a similar situation last weekend whilst on holiday in qld, fox sports had the brisbane game, as did free to air. why i ask? i'm sure free to air is more than capable of showijng the game as well as foxtel does.

it is something that needs to be sorted, as it is starving football fans of t.v coverage for their teams.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
megs4#31
Club Player

i've got adsl so i can listen to the radio i spose lol.
just ridiculous 2 weeks in a row. not every supporter goes for a wa team

saint64
Club Player

It is a total joke. I think its something the Western Saints (I am on the Committee this year) and the StKFC on our behalf need to take up with the TV networks and the AFL. The Saints supporters give excellent service to the team whenever they play over here (I like to think that our support actually played some small role in the Saints beating the Eagles last year), so I think its something the Club needs to take up for us.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im in s.a and have been rather lucky with the draw this year.
i got rid of austar/foxtel before the season basically because there was only 3 games of the saints on cable and the rest were on the telly.
i can handle going to a mates place or cranking the radio for three games.

you'd think they would play a replay after the eagles/dockers game of another game.
just goes to show...a multi million dollar industry and they still cant get a decent telecast deal to all fans around the country.
the footy coverage on free to air and cable is crap IMO

saint64
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:you'd think they would play a replay after the eagles/dockers game of another game.
They did replay it on Foxtel last week, but not until 6.30 the next morning.

St Michele
Club Player

Even some sort of decent radio coverage would be ok, none of the local stations had the game on and on the net via afl.com the coverage kept dropping out. Any suggestions of a better way to get coverage on the radio via the net would be good too

Thanks
Michele

matrix
Saintsational Legend

we need to allocate someone with torrent duties each week :o

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

It's on at 6:30 am on Sunday again.

I've sent my email of peeved offedness (nice word) to Foxtel again.

I received a polite "too bad we cater for the majority" response last week. I guess the majority like to watch both free to air and foxtel at the same time.

It is very poor that the AFL have sprouted about the wonderful new media deal, yet we have a much worse service than the previous deal. We used to get every game live (and in this case live means when it actually happens not live like the cricket where it is on a two hour delay) on either free to air or Foxtel.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

megs4#31 wrote:i've got adsl so i can listen to the radio i spose lol.

It completely sucks Megs doesn't it!!!
But as all of us WA Sainters know, there's only two teams in the comp if you live in WA.

megs4#31
Club Player

st.byron wrote:

But as all of us WA Sainters know, there's only two teams in the comp if you live in WA.
Tell me about it. I live with a Roos supporter so we band together and have a whinge about how crap it is. It feels like up here its mainly one team and then the other trailing along behind. I actually know a few Saints supporters up here which i found very supprising for where i am (I'm in Tom Price, if you know where that is).

Loved it when we beat them! Made my week :)

Just suprises me that there isn't some sort of collaboration between free to air and foxtel, however i think it would pretty difficult as foxtel is the same everywhere and free to air is different in each state. My parents got to watch the saints game in Melbourne on free to air because it was a melbourne game.
I was really looking forward to watching us cream the blues live, now i'll have to listen to a patchy radio station or wait till Sunday (which i dont really want to do!)
NO FAIR :(

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

megs4#31 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Tell me about it. I live with a Roos supporter so we band together and have a whinge about how crap it is. It feels like up here its mainly one team and then the other trailing along behind. I actually know a few Saints supporters up here which i found very supprising for where i am (I'm in Tom Price, if you know where that is).

Just suprises me that there isn't some sort of collaboration between free to air and foxtel, however i think it would pretty difficult as foxtel is the same everywhere and free to air is different in each state. My parents got to watch the saints game in Melbourne on free to air because it was a melbourne game.
I was really looking forward to watching us cream the blues live, now i'll have to listen to a patchy radio station or wait till Sunday (which i dont really want to do!)
Yep, truly sucks when it's not on either FTA or Fox. Whatcha doin' up in TP. Working on the mines?

megs4#31
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
megs4#31 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Yep, truly sucks when it's not on either FTA or Fox. Whatcha doin' up in TP. Working on the mines?
yep and loving every minute of it lol!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

megs4#31 wrote:[
L

Are you driving one of those big kick arse trucks around? I've always wanted to do that. Making lots of money I expect.

megs4#31
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
megs4#31 wrote:[
L

Are you driving one of those big kick arse trucks around? I've always wanted to do that. Making lots of money I expect.
Nope supposedly thats really boring after a while, mind you i still want to do it. I'm an engineer at the processing plant. which either means i sit at my computer and write reports or im out in the plant getting covered in dirt!

Winmarvellous
Club Player

My mate has Imparga and GWN, plus a few others on satellite at his house. Luckily for me, he's a Blues fan and has informed me it's on at his house Saturday night :D Perhaps ring around the pubs that have satellite access and see if any of them are showing both games (I'm aware of some that do this, though I'm not sure if it's legal)

RoseInOz
Club Player

When we were in Tom Price a few of the clubs also showed the games. We went and barracked for whoever were playing the Eagles. I cannot believe I even barracked for Collingwood once. :lol:

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote: I cannot believe I even barracked for Collingwood once. :lol:
:o :o :shock:

heehee

saint64
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:My mate has Imparga and GWN, plus a few others on satellite at his house. Luckily for me, he's a Blues fan and has informed me it's on at his house Saturday night :D Perhaps ring around the pubs that have satellite access and see if any of them are showing both games (I'm aware of some that do this, though I'm not sure if it's legal)
I'm sure its not legal - but who are the criminals here? - surely the networks depriving us Working Australian Saints supporters of seeing our team play.

megs4#31
Club Player

i barrack for anyone playing the eagles. its just the way it is up here. not sure about the pub, i'll check it out if i can brave it haha.

RoseInOz
Club Player

Aren't you going to the Animal Bar at the Tom Price Hotel? He! He!
My husband worked as a Supervisor in Crane and Rigging.
And talking about those big trucks, I was one of a group of women who got into the Guinness Book of Records by pulling one at the Nameless Festival.
:oops:

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
megs4#31
Club Player

the animal bar. they've fixed it up. now has a beer garden out the otherside (its like it's been mirror imaged) and they've got a bottle shop drive through that is either open or opening soon.
oh thats way cool bout the trucks. When did they do that at the Nameless festival? i've only been up here for about a year but i love it :)

RoseInOz
Club Player

We were in TP from 1986 until 1991 (we left before we developed a twitch). My son was dux of TomPrice Primary School, and I taught there. :D :D