The most frustating part about tonight.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

The most frustating part about tonight.

The fact that a 20yr old was the only player to remonstrate with the Port players when Lenny was decapitated! And i don't think that anyone even went over to Brogan when he charged into Harvey's head....mind you should be given a week or two - no attempt made to avoid the head high contact what so ever!

2 years ago we were willing to fly the flag and so the opposition thatwe not going to be trampled on.... Now we are little $%#^ing girls allowing to be hit from pillar to post without any fear of retaliation!

Time for our boys to grow some and stand up for each other, until that happens doesn't matter what type of gameplan we use we will never get to that on eday in september!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Statsman
Club Player

We're not a TEAM. It's as simple as that!

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
savatage
SS Life Member

Yes I mentioned this in the game day thread - I agree 100%. No spirit. At that stage of the game we honestly had some sort of chance & to see a cheap shot taken against your mate Lenny....well I'd be in there pushing & shoving. Flying the flag usually correlates to having some spirit - the fact that no-one really bothered says a lot about our mental state & capacity to be a team.

Buckets
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:Yes I mentioned this in the game day thread - I agree 100%. No spirit. At that stage of the game we honestly had some sort of chance & to see a cheap shot taken against your mate Lenny....well I'd be in there pushing & shoving. Flying the flag usually correlates to having some spirit - the fact that no-one really bothered says a lot about our mental state & capacity to be a team.
Oh and when C. Cornes crunched into i think Dempster - which should have been a 50 metre penalty the easiest one an ump could give - no one went over to have a go at him.
The lack of pressence tells the opposition that we wont fight back!
Hell wasn't Ross a hard man? If so why the hell is he not telling them to fly the flag!

Marchin' In
Club Player

When Hamill retired, we lost all of our mongrel.

UP THE SAINTERS!
Buckets
SS Life Member

Marchin' In wrote:When Hamill retired, we lost all of our mongrel.
If thats the case then we are trully screwed because we need that mongrel back!
Hell get Hamill back even as an assistant coach - coaching us in the ways of mongrel!

savatage
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:
savatage wrote:Yes I mentioned this in the game day thread - I agree 100%. No spirit. At that stage of the game we honestly had some sort of chance & to see a cheap shot taken against your mate Lenny....well I'd be in there pushing & shoving. Flying the flag usually correlates to having some spirit - the fact that no-one really bothered says a lot about our mental state & capacity to be a team.
The lack of pressence tells the opposition that we wont fight back!
!
Absolutely spot on.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Right now, we're not a hard team, we're not a skilled team, we're not a smart team - we're just barely a team. Whether it's the coaching or the players or whatever - I don't care. You can't sack the players and you can't sack the coach (with his contract), so all we can hope for is a complete role reversal next time we have a quality opponent. That's not very encouraging.

This team isn't much fun to watch anymore.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Armo is a bloody good young player and will become a gun player very soon.

He was the only player to make a stand.

He should be played permanently on ball, not starting on the bench

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i never really let the umps get to me and they shouldnt be used as a defense when u loose.....but bloody hell there was some ordinary decisions tonight.

i was sitting next to Pwoit (i think) and we just couldnt believe some of the decisions made.

still.........doesnt excuse the performance of our blokes
except Lenny.....he worked his nuts off tonight as usual and i was glad he signed my top after the game for me.
i refused to speak with any of the other players.
the last thing they would want is some fan telling them how to play and what they are doing wrong.

felt sorry for Kozi and bally who i saw stuck with some pissed old fella dribbling shite in their ears.

ratismeat
Club Player

This is why there was a touch of excitement (for me anyway) after last week's game - good tackling, shepherding. Great to watch when that stuff is going on. Pretty boring, weak, sickening football tonight.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

get used to it

ratismeat said 'Pretty boring, weak, sickening football tonight.'

When isn't it under Ross? One exception -vs WC -but then we were playing for Harv's, not Ross!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "