Doom and Gloom

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Doom and Gloom

If we lose to the lions on Sunday which we probably will this site will absolutely be going off it's head and we'll be looking to sack the coach.

But is it that bad?

If we lose we go 4 and 5 but follow up the following week and beat melbourne and square the ledger at 5 and 5 with a crucial game against the dogs, who i think we can beat i really do.

Somehow beat the lions and we sit 5 and 4 and then surely beat melbourne and go 6 and 4.

So maybe it's not all bad.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Huzzad
Club Player

Unlike Hillary Clinton, the math says we can do it. But like Hillary Clinton, can we really pull it off anyway? When the 4th quater siren sounds, who do you want answering the phone?

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Huzzad wrote:Unlike Hillary Clinton, the math says we can do it. But like Hillary Clinton, can we really pull it off anyway? When the 4th quater siren sounds, who do you want answering the phone?
Monica :?:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

We need to win and we need to get on a roll of wins.

Talk of top 8 is cheap, it is worthless.

We need to be talking about premierships and frankly we are are no where near it therefore top 8 or not our season is gone in my opinion.

as are our chances of a premiership with the ocre group we recruited 2001 / 02 / 03.

WHAT A WASTE

#1 Ryder fan
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
Huzzad wrote:Unlike Hillary Clinton, the math says we can do it. But like Hillary Clinton, can we really pull it off anyway? When the 4th quater siren sounds, who do you want answering the phone?
Monica :?:
:lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MC Euro Gusto wrote:We need to win and we need to get on a roll of wins.

Talk of top 8 is cheap, it is worthless.

We need to be talking about premierships and frankly we are are no where near it therefore top 8 or not our season is gone in my opinion.

as are our chances of a premiership with the ocre group we recruited 2001 / 02 / 03.

WHAT A WASTE
I agree. Im not interested in limping into 7th or 8th. If we arent there to seriously challenge then focus on developing for life after Harvs, Hudgton, Gehrig, King and Co. Find out who can cut it on the list and delist poorly skilled or soft players who wont put their head over it.

We still have the core of a top side. We are soft at the edges IMHO ans play players who wouldnt get games in benchmark sides like Geelong or Hawathorn on current form.

BTW - Dogs are beatable.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The only thing Hilary can pull off is Barak if she wants to be VP.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Nah, we already know we're s***.

After the dogs game was probably the worst this forum has been for some time.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Correct.
Doom and Gloom.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Are we really that bad? Have been thinking about it, we beat Richmond who everyone ha acknowledged are on the up, and then get beaten by less than two kicks by a top eight bound Pies side that were kicking goals out of their rectums, whilst we made lots of silly mistakes........ not sure it is all doom and gloom yet.......geez I hope I am right. :roll:

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

the Lions go alright, so i think we might be in a bit of trouble

if we are to be any serious finals threat, we should be beating teams like Collingwood, Brisbane and Bulldogs

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:Are we really that bad? Have been thinking about it, we beat Richmond who everyone ha acknowledged are on the up, and then get beaten by less than two kicks by a top eight bound Pies side that were kicking goals out of their rectums, whilst we made lots of silly mistakes........ not sure it is all doom and gloom yet.......geez I hope I am right. :roll:
Pies got done by hawthorn by 60 odd points the week before.

Question of bad is relative to perception of good. My perception of this team and where we are in history is that we should be playing off for the GF. Hawthorn you would think will be.

We will not

#1 Ryder fan
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

MC Euro Gusto wrote:My perception of this team and where we are in history is that we should be playing off for the GF. Hawthorn you would think will be. We will not,
sadly you are right ... on both counts.

congorozides
Club Player

Re: Doom and Gloom

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:If we lose to the lions on Sunday which we probably will this site will absolutely be going off it's head and we'll be looking to sack the coach.

But is it that bad?

If we lose we go 4 and 5 but follow up the following week and beat melbourne and square the ledger at 5 and 5 with a crucial game against the dogs, who i think we can beat i really do.

Somehow beat the lions and we sit 5 and 4 and then surely beat melbourne and go 6 and 4.

So maybe it's not all bad.
the ledger is irrelevant for me. it is how we are playing and the fact that we are unable to beat a top 4 side. so we beat melbourne. big whoops!

i want to be targeting a premiership. not week to week ledger results and we are miles of course.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
MC Euro Gusto wrote:My perception of this team and where we are in history is that we should be playing off for the GF. Hawthorn you would think will be. We will not,
sadly you are right ... on both counts.
hawthorn wont be playing off in the granny

too young, inexperienced and when push comes to shove they shove too hard and get suspended, it will cost them in the long run closer to the finals

see them go to s*** last year against the kangas and begin taking opposition players out???

they still have another season or two before they are a big chance of winning the flag

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

ROFL at this forum being so keen on scraping into the eight...and then bowing out.

Premierships interest me, being finals fodder doesn't.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I agree -premierships are the goal, not playing pretty football and being in the eight, but never getting the ultimate prize.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:ROFL at this forum being so keen on scraping into the eight...and then bowing out.

Premierships interest me, being finals fodder doesn't.
You'd rather another wooden spoon to add to the collection?

The Peanut
Club Player

We all know the downside issues ...

Our big upside is that we are not losing by much and it's caused by the various issues we all talk about - so there is always the chance that we can iron out many of our issues throughout the season.

It's not like every individual player is playing their best and every tactic had been tried and we still can't win.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

We are gone, down for the count on all counts. We are predictable and hard to watch. Every game this year has been an opportunity for us to click / gel and show some of what we thought was there. Aint nothing there. Nothing special, hard or skilled - just a rabbellous remnant of what we were and might have been. Every game to date has been an opportunity to show something, to show some character, to show that we can comprehensively put sides away or rise to the occasion to win at all costs. We have proven we can win in Adelaide, yet we still cant show enough character to beat Port. We are better than Collingwood, yet in a shoot out of wills we crumple. I hate having to admit that Collingwood have more spirit, more character than us. I hate the fact that once again we had to endure the humiliation of them beating us, but alas, it came as no surprise.
We are gonna get flogged this week cos it is expected of us not to cause an upset, not to turn one on and we in turn dont expect to win. We will continue to be a spingboard for other teams to build their confidence and notch up an easy 4 points.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I would have thought most of us have seen enough genuinely bad teams run out in red, white and black to be able to be a little less despondent at not being premiership favourites.

Rather be having a bad year where we're a good chance for finals (where there's at least the off chance of a cindarella run) than be having a good year sitting 12th with little hope of any real climb (ala Richmond).

There's still hope for '08, and failing that, there's not that much that needs to go right to re-invigorate this team, which has a great core.

We didn't come good when it looked like we would, and this may well be a tough week to be a Saints supporter, as the team we were supposed to succeed as the powerhouse passes us on the way back up... but all this talk of "not interested in anything but premierships" is awfully spoilt talk for a group of fans that really have never been spoilt...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
congorozides
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:I would have thought most of us have seen enough genuinely bad teams run out in red, white and black to be able to be a little less despondent at not being premiership favourites.

Rather be having a bad year where we're a good chance for finals (where there's at least the off chance of a cindarella run) than be having a good year sitting 12th with little hope of any real climb (ala Richmond).

There's still hope for '08, and failing that, there's not that much that needs to go right to re-invigorate this team, which has a great core.

We didn't come good when it looked like we would, and this may well be a tough week to be a Saints supporter, as the team we were supposed to succeed as the powerhouse passes us on the way back up... but all this talk of "not interested in anything but premierships" is awfully spoilt talk for a group of fans that really have never been spoilt...
BAM - i certainly dont expect to win premierships. clearly they are really hard to win. but footy clubs trade in hope. and i like to feel like we are on track to win one in the next 5 years.... i mean even carlton can now feel "on track" and they will only win a handful of games all year. its just the direction that i think people are worrying about. Freo and the Demons also both look like they have some dark times ahead... but we should not panic. im pretty sure the cats were panicking in 2006. So we can turn it around. But young player development is an issue we need to look at seriously.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

kicking goals out of their rectums,
Good kicking is good football, bad kicking is bad football as they say in the classics. :lol: :shock: :lol:

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Nah, we already know we're s***.

After the dogs game was probably the worst this forum has been for some time.
Must admit that game shook me to the core...

Was on holiday in Hobart and watched the first quarter at Irish Murphys before going out to dinner on a high thinking how top four was a formality...

When I tuned in later at the hotel room to hear we had lost by six goals went into a state of shock and got into trouble from the better half for going troppo and cracking it bigtime...

Think if we can't recover this season[and we still can!] this game will be the defining moment unfortunately...

Think it really shook the confidence of the team as well and had the opposite effect on the dogs whose self belief went through the roof :roll:

Enjoyed the rest of the Tassie trip..that night was not the best memory tho :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Doom and gloom

"Doom and Gloom" sounds like a double act, (or a firm of undertakers!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just to be awkward I'm going into this game with no high expectations of a win :shock: :wink: BUT with an UNSHAKEABLE belief that we CAN win
There's simply no point in bothering otherwise...as Fred Astaire said to me after the Collingwood game...

"Nothings impossible, I have found. For when my chin is on the ground.
I pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.
Don't lose your confidence when you slip; be thankful for a pleasant trip.
And pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.

Work like a soul inspired, 'till the battle of the day is won;
you may be sick and tired; but you'll be a man my son!

Try to remember the famous men, who had to fall to rise again,
and take a deep breath..pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!!!"

I reckon he had a point Folks!!!! :lol:

GO THE SAINTER-ROOOOOOONIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Dave :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)