Are we tanking now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Are we tanking now

If a player as good as Dal was dropped from the bottom 3 sides we all on here would be saying they are tanking.

My question now is are we tanking.

Sainterman
Club Player

I believe we might be, just unintentionally! :wink:

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I actually thought we'd been tanking for the last month or so. :wink: :wink:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

If only :cry: :cry:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Highly likely.

wheels4

yes i hope so, were not going to make a grand final anytime soon

Banger
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I truly hope not. Such a promising start to the season......why us??? Consistently us!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
asiu

certainly hope so

bergsone
SS Life Member

Hope not but gee am i going to cop it off a couple of blues supporters who i have given it to in the past.Hate that word tanking

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Are we tanking now

plugger66 wrote:If a player as good as Dal was dropped from the bottom 3 sides we all on here would be saying they are tanking.

My question now is are we tanking.
No we just have an idiot for a coach.... I am angry

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Rooy_coin
Club Player

no.... yeah dally got dropped because he has been out of form... but we also needed the other new inclusions... but Joey should have been dropped before dal

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Yes we should tank.

the draft will be corrupt even more so after this one. Last chance to ge a crop of good young kids until about 2012 - 2013.

If we have any faint canche at a flag in the next five years, it is time to put up the shutters, work out who goes, who stays, play the kids, trade for pace, and use the high dps for quick midfielders.

Time to look to 2009.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Yes we should tank.

the draft will be corrupt even more so after this one. Last chance to ge a crop of good young kids until about 2012 - 2013.

If we have any faint canche at a flag in the next five years, it is time to put up the shutters, work out who goes, who stays, play the kids, trade for pace, and use the high dps for quick midfielders.

Time to look to 2009.
Well I think we have started well as this side on paper would be our worst side since the infamous Hawks game last year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Time to look to 2009.
Well I think we have started well as this side on paper would be our worst side since the infamous Hawks game last year.
No our NAB Cup teams were much worse on paper, but played with more heart and passion than any regular season team.

On paper means nothing. Our side "on paper" has looked good all year. On groud it has been crap.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We've won 5 games.

What point would there be to tanking now?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:We've won 5 games.

What point would there be to tanking now?
Well for a start you need to win less than 5 games two years in a row for a priority pick.

The point is to get as high a pick as possible in the last uncompromised draft before the AFL corrupts it again with the GC ad WS concessions, while playing kids, working out who will be at the club next year, working on possible trades and looking to 2009.

Makes perfect sense.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Time to look to 2009.
No our NAB Cup teams were much worse on paper, but played with more heart and passion than any regular season team.

On paper means nothing. Our side "on paper" has looked good all year. On groud it has been crap.
What you dont play on paper. Well thanks to reminding me I was just going along with what you said. And bringing up practice games means a lot. When are people going to realise they mean nothing, zero,0.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Time to look to 2009.
3 debutants in one game - bizarre.

If we are not tanking, then Lyon has no clue.

You don't debut 3 players in one week against anyone, unless injuries force your hand, as it did against the Hawks last year.

2 debutants would be my absolute max.

In any case, I'm glad Schneider is out and really look forward to seeing Big Mac and Woody play - not sure about Lock It In's selection.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Perfect game to debut 3 players.

We're playing Freo, don't forget.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

We are a joke of a club.

What a disgrace....Im actually embarrassed to be of the red, black and white for the first time ever.

This is pathetic.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Perfect game to debut 3 players.

true, good point.

Perhaps the AFL will take the points off us for playing too many new players in one match, a new rule to made up on next Tuesday if we win!!!

Also, great to see Milney out of a "cosy" match for him (crap opposition at Telstra Dome!).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Perfect game to debut 3 players.

If you were Mark Harvey would you rather Dal and Miney in the side or Eddy and Allen. He would be a releived man I would think. Also Lenny and Bally get the best tags now so dropping Dal effects them as well.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Also Lenny and Bally get the best tags now so dropping Dal effects them as well.
Exactly. Carr probably goes to Lenny; Crowley to Ball. It will be interesting to see the reaction here if they struggle and/or we get smashed in the midfield.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:We are a joke of a club.

What a disgrace....Im actually embarrassed to be of the red, black and white for the first time ever.

This is pathetic.
for once, i 100% agree with u

Ross is trying to take all the things out of football that we love seeing

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

RL is just panicking and trying to save face, and is concerned for his job. 3 debutants? I agree, comedy hour and Im laughing HARD. RL, you re define the meaning of idiot nearly every week. :roll:
Last edited by iwantmeseats on Thu 19 Jun 2008 8:08pm, edited 1 time in total.