OMG DAL AND STVIE R OUT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

OMG DAL AND STVIE R OUT

Seriously people sort yourselves out and get back to us....

first you all bleated for young players to come in, to drop some underperforming senior players.... Let's bag lyon for playing the likes of dampster etc........

Then he makes some big changes, with the underperforming dal (I'm sorry but 59% efficiency for an outside player is not good enough) and milne being dropped. Then we have the sad sacks like plugger66 suggesting that this is similar to the hawks match last year.....

You can't have your cake and eat it kiddies....

I personally like the changes, would not be suprised if either dempster or harvey don't come up that howard might be a late change.

We are getting in form youngsters of armo, allen, mcenvoy and eddy. This is exciting, I can't wait!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

About FN time. These changes should have been made 6 weeks ago. Apart from 1 game each these two have drifted in and out of form by their own will. Had these 2 been given a wake up call 6 weeks ago we may have still been a chance at the top 4 now it is merely cosmetic to change the team now we look like we are Tanking.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
krabb
Club Player

Good one Ross....keep it up!

If they dont perform....drop the b@stards!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

if they dont perform then they need to be drop back to seconds to regain form. its what has to happen! good choice ross!

SB10
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:About FN time. These changes should have been made 6 weeks ago. Apart from 1 game each these two have drifted in and out of form by their own will. Had these 2 been given a wake up call 6 weeks ago we may have still been a chance at the top 4 now it is merely cosmetic to change the team now we look like we are Tanking.
100% agree with this. This injection 6 weeks ago could have saved our season before it turned into the train wreck it has. I seriously don't care if we win or lose tomorrow night, the sheer fact is we're not playing the same predictable players week in week out, win one, lose one crap that's been getting us absolutely nowhere.

I for one was debating whether or not I could be bothered going tomorrow night, but now I can't wait to go. It's called youth and enthusiasm. Something that's been sadly missing in this team for frigging ages!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I agree Solar...half of this forum are as soft as butter and don't know what they want. Good on Ross for having the balls to act on his convictions, make some changes and send a message...I hope he's not foxing.

Bummed I'll be out tomorrow night, so I'll miss the game :(

CARN SNTRZ

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: OMG DAL AND STVIE R OUT

Solar wrote:Seriously people sort yourselves out and get back to us....

first you all bleated for young players to come in, to drop some underperforming senior players.... Let's bag lyon for playing the likes of dampster etc........

Then he makes some big changes, with the underperforming dal (I'm sorry but 59% efficiency for an outside player is not good enough) and milne being dropped. Then we have the sad sacks like plugger66 suggesting that this is similar to the hawks match last year.....

I personally like the changes, would not be suprised if either dempster or harvey don't come up that howard might be a late change.

We are getting in form youngsters of armo, allen, mcenvoy and eddy. This is exciting, I can't wait!!!
You have no idea. I said that because 3 players were making there debut but if you cant read between the lines you have lived up to my expectations of you.

milney044
Club Player

I still think Dal will play so maybe not such a big call. The Milne chopping was to be expected really, lets hope he can find some form.
I guess there will be big discussions here Saturday morning. I hope it's after a nice win. I hope the players realise that what they've been delivering so far this season is not acceptable and this is the beginning of a turn around. Here's hoping.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

About Bloody Time!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I strongly second everything being said in this thread. Good on you Ross.

And yes they probably should have been dropped 4-6 weeks ago but at least they can't say they weren't given time to get some form (or toe the team line, whatever the case may be).

gO.SainTs
Club Player

So in come Geary, Mcevoy and Allen I think

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Personally I dont like dropping Dal Santo. However I applaude the direction.

Also I hope Dal responds like the potential champ he is and blitzes in the seconds and is back next week. I hope Schneider also gets a bloody kick up the arse, and Milne.

Look how Charlie Gardiner responded to being dropped? Has played pretty good footy and showed spirit.

Good luck to McEvoy, Eddy et al. bout time we got some new blood in the team.

Mabye it is too late but that is said with 20/20 hindsight.

Great direction. Lets be frank. 2008 is stuffed, lets look toward 2009. Lets gets some high dps who are quick mids. We need to get the best before the AFL corrupts the draft for the GC ad WS.

Final throw and it must be made now. The flag chances are gone. Time to look at to 2009 and beyond.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Personally I dont like dropping Dal Santo. However I applaude the direction.

Also I hope Dal responds like the potential champ he is and blitzes in the seconds and is back next week. I hope Schneider also gets a bloody kick up the arse, and Milne.

Look how Charlie Gardiner responded to being dropped? Has played pretty good footy and showed spirit.

Good luck to McEvoy, Eddy et al. bout time we got some new blood in the team.

Mabye it is too late but that is said with 20/20 hindsight.

Great direction. Lets be frank. 2008 is stuffed, lets look toward 2009. Lets gets some high dps who are quick mids. We need to get the best before the AFL corrupts the draft for the GC ad WS.

Final throw and it must be made now. The flag chances are gone. Time to look at to 2009 and beyond.
So we are tanking in your opinion.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Ross has done Dal a huge favour weather he knows this now or not.

Dal can go back to the vfl gat a few kicks and not have to deal with a tag he can just go back to basics and get some confidence.

Ablett has been successfully tagged once this year and only once and guess who it was against yes u gueesed right it was against freo, crowley stitched him up nicely.

So go out Dal get a few kicks and come back to face the roos in 2 weeks even hungrier than before.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It will be interesting to see how BJ goes tomorrow night. He's always said that he'd like to play in the middle and one would think that if he gets a consistent go at it tomorrow night he will work hard to impress.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i wanted Ross to play the kids... just not all of them together at the same time for the first time in rd 13

would have preferred a bit more of a play them on their merits as form warrants regularly throughout the season

the other extreme is no good either

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So we are tanking in your opinion.
You really are an idiot.

Read my posts. YES I beleive we are tanking. Not in the simpleton definition of deliberately throwing games to get high dps, but to blood young kids, work out who is going to be there next year ad beyond etc.

Doing that means you lose game you may not have so the benefit of that is higher dps.

understand?? sheesh :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i wanted Ross to play the kids... just not all of them together at the same time for the first time in rd 13

would have preferred a bit more of a play them on their merits as form warrants regularly throughout the season

That is how I feel. We still want to win the game surely. Cannot beleive some people have said they care if we win or lose as long as we play kids. Well to me that is a cop out. We should be trying to win at least until the season is shot.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:i wanted Ross to play the kids... just not all of them together at the same time for the first time in rd 13

That is how I feel. We still want to win the game surely. Cannot beleive some people have said they care if we win or lose as long as we play kids. Well to me that is a cop out. We should be trying to win at least until the season is shot.
It's shot. I know it hurts but it is shot.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

disgracful decison, even more so that Gwilt and others are still in the team

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: OMG DAL AND STVIE R OUT

Solar wrote:Seriously people sort yourselves out and get back to us....

Excellent and good to see the positive response and stirring up the adrenaline and bringing a lot of us back to life lets hope it's doing the same at the club.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

[quote="milney044"]I still think Dal will play so maybe not such a big call. /quote]

If Dal Santo play LYON will make himself a complete laughing stock of AFL coaches an rightly so...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
milney044 wrote:I still think Dal will play so maybe not such a big call.
If Dal Santo play LYON will make himself a complete laughing stock of AFL coaches an rightly so...
too late...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:
milney044 wrote:I still think Dal will play so maybe not such a big call.
too late...

Waaaaaaaayyyyy too late.

Jaz
Club Player

Good move I think, no point dropping fringe players like gwilt & blake etc. because these guys have been playing to the best of their ability (which is not good enough imho) But to drop a great player who is well off their best is just what we need.

I would have preferred to drop Gram about 6 weeks ago and milne the same. We all know that they are better players than 90% of our list and I am sure they will come back better for it, and if they dont then they are not the team players that we want.