If I was Dal Santo......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

If I was Dal Santo......

I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy. Without a doubt, I want them to struggle and regret using me as an unworthy scape goat. Thats how I would feel as an AFL player in his position, and anyone that has played would know that player loyalty isn't the same one of which keeps us all logging into this site.

Remember these players don't come from the same supporter depth as fans....They actually barracked for other (and probably more successful) AFL teams. Id be already half way to earning double the money, and more accurate to my worth If I was Nick.

This is an absolute slap in the face for the bloke. And regardless of the result on the weekend, or for the rest of the season, I am truly embarrassed to be a St Kilda supporter today.

We have done the opposition a favor, and well and truly continued to be a laughing stock of opposition fans.

Looks like Gehrig wasn't enough of a scapegoat.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

like i said before, Ross seems to be trying to ruin as many careers as he can before he gets the flick

thats how it appears

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
danners
Club Player

totally agree

how the hell can mcqualter, gwilt, dempster get games over dal and birss

disgraceful

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
hotdish
Club Player

Re: If I was Dal Santo......

get over yourself. The team is bigger than the individual. Other clubs have done this, I.e richo getting dropped when Frawley was coach, and lately J Bowden.

Sends out a message to the rest of the team that players have to do whats asked of them [i.e defensive pressure, 1%ers etc]. Same message re Milne...

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

He will go to the two's and come back stronger and if he doesn't we don't want him. He will come back and I think good on you Ross.

Badlands
Club Player

That "the team is bigger than the individual" does not wash in this case.
A disgraceful, disgraceful decision, and one that should not be accepted.
How can Dal Santo be dropped in favour of guys who have been given many chances at AFL level and have repeatedly proven they are not up to an acceptable standard. (I'm not talking about the Eddys, Armitages, McEvoys, Gearys here - you know who I mean).

I do place a caveat on that, that i assume he has not been dropped for disciplinary reasons.

I echo the sentiments of the original poster...a sad day for the club.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

A lot more to this than just stats...

A lot more to this than just stats... Obvioulsy Dal Santo has not been following the 'party line' and running around getting cheap stats - which he does by the way! He plus Milne are two of several SAINTS who dont perform consisitently...

Dropping them and rewarding the kids is the most positive thing LYON has done since he has been at the club...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I would be guessing from meeting the guy and seeing him in public that he is more of a quality character then that.

I hope he goes back, learns to work his butt off to get to more contests and comes back a better player

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

danners wrote:totally agree

how the hell can mcqualter, gwilt, dempster get games over dal and birss
Gwilt - i've got no idea.

Dempster - We need him in defense. Along with Max is our only true defender. (the rest are rebound/running players)

McQualter - First game of the year, actually played better than Dal Santo last week. Needs to be tested to make sure we don't let a good thing go.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy. Without a doubt, I want them to struggle and regret using me as an unworthy scape goat. Thats how I would feel as an AFL player in his position, and anyone that has played would know that player loyalty isn't the same one of which keeps us all logging into this site.

Remember these players don't come from the same supporter depth as fans....They actually barracked for other (and probably more successful) AFL teams. Id be already half way to earning double the money, and more accurate to my worth If I was Nick.

This is an absolute slap in the face for the bloke. And regardless of the result on the weekend, or for the rest of the season, I am truly embarrassed to be a St Kilda supporter today.

We have done the opposition a favor, and well and truly continued to be a laughing stock of opposition fans.

If that's the way he would take it he would be as weak as piss and show no character but I'm sure he's made of more than that and will respond professionally and come back next week better for it.

This all has nothing to do with who's had a better game than who its all about attitude issues which has been a major problem lately . The lower end players busting their guts giving their all and don't have the ability aren't the problem it's the top end players who are letting us down.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Thu 19 Jun 2008 8:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i think u should get a clue "winnersOnly"

yeah, its real easy to get those "cheap" hardball gets and contested possessions

:roll:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner what you are proposing would be a confirmation that there are individual players that think they are bigger than the team and club. If Dal seriously is hoping tonight the team loses tomorrow because he has been dropped then he should not be dropped but sacked (the saked thing is only said for dramatic effect but you get what I mean).

Seriously players and supporters alike have to get over hero worshiping individuals and develop a value for team performance instead.

The best thing that could happen tomorrow is the club puts in a good performance that results in a win which means Dal and Milne have to fight their way back into the team, and if they sulk and fold then so be it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

poor Ross he cuts some one hes a fool he doesnt hes a soft coach who doesnt want to upset the apple cart :roll: you cant have it both ways

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:poor Ross he cuts some one hes a fool he doesnt hes a soft coach who doesnt want to upset the apple cart :roll: you cant have it both ways
he can cut someone, but cut someone who deserves it

dropping Dal and keeping the likes of Gwilt in the team is an absolute joke

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd ask to be traded.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Just dropping Gwilt would prove nothing. Cop it Dal and come back the gun we love.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy. Without a doubt, I want them to struggle and regret using me as an unworthy scape goat. Thats how I would feel as an AFL player in his position, and anyone that has played would know that player loyalty isn't the same one of which keeps us all logging into this site.

Spanker!!

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

It's funny, we have the moron brigade criticizing the fact that Armitage was dropped albeit his 4 touches the previous week......Yet people seem to be content with the dropping of Dal Santo.

We have some absolute dicks on this site, it hardly makes it worth the effort.

bergsone
SS Life Member

If i was dal,HEAD DOWN ARSE UP ,and prove doubters wrong,DO IT good luck

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Someone tell me how is it a bad thing for Dal to be dropped. Will we make finals anyway? Unlikely. If we made them would we see the second week? No way

I've been dropped from cricket and footy sides befor and it put the rocket up you and gives you the wake up call you may need.

derby Street
Club Player

So make a scapegoat out of Dal :roll: but give the other underachievers a game because Dal should be doing better. How long are we going to keep playing others who will never be any good?

Agree with the Mac & Allen getting a chance - the others NO make them earn it (even Howard) There should be no such thing as a free game - heaven knows RL has done it enough this year - Fizz, Chas, Raph, Goose, Dempster,

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:It's funny, we have the moron brigade criticizing the fact that Armitage was dropped albeit his 4 touches the previous week......Yet people seem to be content with the dropping of Dal Santo.

We have some absolute dicks on this site, it hardly makes it worth the effort.
I dont agree with Dal being dropped but your OP was pathetic. If Dal Santo cant show some true heart in the reserves he is welcome to spit it and get traded at seasons end.

Show the world the coach was wrong to drop you not sook and squib it.

Dal Santo is no sook or squib. He will face the dropping like a grown up and will be back bigger and better than ever.

Dal anto will be fine. However Milne, Fiora, Schneider, Raph Clarke should seriously consider if they want to play AFL football and start pulling their fingers out.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Good work Joffaboy

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
Agree with the Mac & Allen getting a chance - the others NO make them earn it (even Howard) There should be no such thing as a free game -

have you seen any scorps games this season?
derby Street wrote:heaven knows RL has done it enough this year - Fizz, Chas, Raph, Goose, Dempster,
Goose - out
Raph - CS
Fizz - CS
C.Gardiner - dropped to CS and responded. NDS should take a leaf out of C.Gardiners book and show the same heart and spirit.
Dempser - well you got one out of five.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zippy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote: Dal anto will be fine. However Milne, Fiora, Schneider, Raph Clarke should seriously consider if they want to play AFL football and start pulling their fingers out.
R Clarke has already decided he wants to, but doesn't want to enough to actually work on-field. Fiora wants to, but not enough to win hard balls. Schneider wants to, but not enough to risk contact.

Milne wants to, but needs a fresh infusion of brain cells - the one he has now doesn't seem to be doing him much good.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€