Does the Dal rumour have any backbone?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Does the Dal rumour have any backbone?

Look I am sorry if this has already been spoken about, I couldn't see a thread on it after having a quick scan thru.

On the radio they are saying that Dal is very unhappy and the club is not all that happy with him. The rumour that is getting around fast and I have people at work giving it to me about it (its been a horrible day)

That Dal wants to go to carlton and that we will get a 2nd round pick for him.

*shakes my head*
*it has gotta be a load of BS surely*

I couldn't face the forum last night and now if this rumour happens to have any merit. I am going to be one P*SSED OFF and CUT gal.

Now no shooting me, I am only posting what I have heard.

Just shoot me now please :( :( :(

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
BelfastSaint
Club Player

I'd take Fev for Dal Santo ...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Any talk of trades at this time of the year is just ridiculous.

If Dal is crying like a stuck pig about being dropped, then it just shows that he deserves to get the chop from the squad this week.

Sounds like a bunch of rumourmongering carlton trolls if you ask me.

I'd trade him for Fev, no worries.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Does the Dal rumour have any backbone?

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

You have been talking to too many Carlton fans.....

Second round pick is say a Mattner or a Schneider.....

As for the happieness part.....no rumour there. Dal has been dropped. so obviously there is unhappieness on both parts.

Prediction: Dal will suck it up and come back a better player.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

That's just rubbish!

Dally loves the clubby! He loves playing at the saints! Loves it! He wouldn't think twice about going to a better club that will pay him more money and not drop him when his shithouse unskilled hopeless team mates get preference over him.

Dally loves the clubby! Cutey dally!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Look I am sorry if this has already been spoken about, I couldn't see a thread on it after having a quick scan thru.

On the radio they are saying that Dal is very unhappy and the club is not all that happy with him. The rumour that is getting around fast and I have people at work giving it to me about it (its been a horrible day)

*shakes my head*

I couldn't face the forum last night and now if this rumour happens to have any merit. I am going to be one P*SSED OFF and CUT gal.

I listen to SEN all day and no one has ever said Dal is unhappy and going to Carlton. Is is crap. He will be at the Saints as long as we want him.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:I'd take Fev for Dal Santo ...
Actually in retrospect ...i'd give up Dal and Milney to get Fevola ...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

You have been talking to too many Carlton fans.....

Second round pick is say a Mattner or a Schneider.....

As for the happieness part.....no rumour there. Dal has been dropped. so obviously there is unhappieness on both parts.

Spot on.

Also it is against AFL rules to enter into any type of trading negotiations mid season.

Emma's hubby is a Carlton supporter, bet he started the rumour.

Also Dal Santo is contracted to 2009 or 2010 and to think we would give Carlton a player like Dal for pick #25 is ludicrious.

On and brown stain. Wallow in your own excretia you pathetic pice of crap.

F*** off and troll another site you felcher.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

haha joffaboy! Your insults are getting more creative by the day!

Backwards Fast
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Look I am sorry if this has already been spoken about, I couldn't see a thread on it after having a quick scan thru.

*shakes my head*

I would be extremely disappointed if we only got a 2nd rounder for Dal. If it was to Carlton as you say, depending on where they finish (likely 8/11th) that pick will fall somewhere from pick 22 up to 28. I'm not adverse to trading him if he continues the way he is going, but you would want a late first rounder at worst considering Jordan McMahon was traded for pick #19 last season

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

*shakes my head*

id say its very premature for anyone to be talking about draft pics.

and he has to be a first round pick. no question.

imagine carltons midfield

judd, dal, murphy, stevens, gibbs.

fev would kick 200 with that midfield. will never happen though. cos another club (dockers, eagles, bombers or tigers) would offer a first rounder for him for sure.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:haha joffaboy! Your insults are getting more creative by the day!
too bad your posting cant show anything more than negative pathetic trolling.

brown stain, little poser, st.kunny. All cut from the same cloth. Absolute panic merchant hysterics who only surface after losses.

I bet you aren't even a member, scum like you are too gutless to put their money where their mouths are.

Buy a membership and we will talk again.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Dal Santo for Judd and the deals done

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Dal Santo for Judd and the deals done
Is that you Rod?

Lance or James??

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
brown-coat wrote:haha joffaboy! Your insults are getting more creative by the day!
too bad your posting cant show anything more than negative pathetic trolling.

brown stain, little poser, st.kunny. All cut from the same cloth. Absolute panic merchant hysterics who only surface after losses.

I bet you aren't even a member, scum like you are too gutless to put their money where their mouths are.

Buy a membership and we will talk again.
Are we even talking? Back to plumbing the pipes sir.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Dal is a quality player and a quality person. He hasn't played well this year and will get through this rough patch. Don't take to much notice of rumours. Everyone knows someone who knows someone etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if he did play this week anyway.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

this rumour is not true if it isn coming from the dal that most of us admire. question his form all you like, but don't question his integrity. he seems like a great person, and always has time for us fans.

i can see him being disappointed, but he needs to vent the anger and frustration on his opposition this week in the vfl, and then watch him climb back to being 1 of the afl's most threatening midfielders.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Is that you Rod?
Butterss wanted St.Kilda to draft Judd, but Thomas's football department disagreed and went with Ball, that's just a fact.

Dal Santo is a gun, Judd, Franklin and G.Ablett, I would trade for him, but there are not many others.

We need to build a new team with fresh young players and Dal Santo should be one of the core nucleus stars that we build this new team around.

Ther are not too many silkier players blessed with the natural ability of Dal Santo, playing AFL, that's just another fact/>opinion as fact.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
So what? He's not going to be able to 'play' anyway.

He'll sit there rotting away with the rest of our gifted footballers watching his man and following the 'system'.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Is that you Rod?
Butterss wanted St.Kilda to draft Judd, but Thomas's football department disagreed and went with Ball, that's just a fact.

Dal Santo is a gun, Judd, Franklin and G.Ablett, I would trade for him, but there are not many others.

We need to build a new team with fresh young players and Dal Santo should be one of the core nucleus stars that we build this new team around.

Ther are not too many silkier players blessed with the natural ability of Dal Santo, playing AFL, that's just another fact/>opinion as fact.
Is that because he coached him a junior. Well fair enogh then. I think we would go much better next season in recruiting if Westaway was involved. I agree lets take note of what presidents want to recruit and not John Beveridge or Peake. Matter of fact lets save money and let our presidents do all the recruiting. Your a smart man B4E. I have written that for you so you can highlight in your next quotes.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

too much unsubstantiated garb for it to be true...

lets say that Dal was unhappy and was contemplating a move... that's all it would be, he'd be contemplating leaving AND AT MOST may off the record have a specific club in mind.

You can't go any further than that. There's no way contract negotiations would be underway as Carlton have players they want to sign up and for the deal to go through, all parties including the Saints would have to be happy.
If the saints weren't happy and i imagine they wouldn't be with a 2nd rounder, we could vetoe this and block Dal going anywhere and send him off to Melb or Freo for free.

For Carlton to set aside $400k, delay signings with players in the hope we can work something out is silly

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:too much unsubstantiated garb for it to be true...

lets say that Dal was unhappy and was contemplating a move... that's all it would be, he'd be contemplating leaving AND AT MOST may off the record have a specific club in mind.

You can't go any further than that. There's no way contract negotiations would be underway as Carlton have players they want to sign up and for the deal to go through, all parties including the Saints would have to be happy.
If the saints weren't happy and i imagine they wouldn't be with a 2nd rounder, we could vetoe this and block Dal going anywhere and send him off to Melb or Freo for free.

For Carlton to set aside $400k, delay signings with players in the hope we can work something out is silly

and all done in a day...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

my point remains however that this would have only gone so far at this stage

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what a load of bollocks.....
dal must be leaving because dal santos girl said so because everyone has been giving her s*** all day.

how old are some of u people?
7?
9? maybe
sheeeshh
get a friggin clue.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Dal unhappy with what's going down at the club?

I wouldn't be at all surprised. Nor that a number of other players are as well.

AFL players are like the rest of us, they can - in moments of weakness - seek to blame others for their own problems.

The team is down on form, so there are bound to be some rumbling among them about Lyon's performance as a coach (as well as, inevitably, about how some of the players are performing).

The key question is not whether they like Lyon, or think he is a good coach, but whether he can communicate to them effectively what he wants and has the authority to make them listen and respond accordingly.

I'm not sure that he has ever been able to do this particularly well. The sacking of Dal is, I guess, some sort of an attempt to send a message to a player who Lyon believes is not following instructions.

Will this work? Only if Dal is willfully or lazily failing to carry out Lyon's instructions. If it's a question of Lyon not being able to communicate effectively to Dal, or telling him to do things which don't make any sense or which he isn't capable of doing, then the problem is with Lyon, not Dal.

I must say, I've always had the opinion that Dal is probably one of the brighter sparks in the matchbox in the St Kilda lineup so, as I've said on other threads, this is all a bit of a worry methinks....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift