MRP was anything taken out of friday nights game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

MRP was anything taken out of friday nights game

just wondering if there were any reports for friday nights game ?
the Warnock one was fairly innocent as i think most of the dammage to bally was done by ballys knee hitting his chin
but i saw a picture in saturdays newspaper of the game where it appears to show the wife beater head butting Bangers just wondering if anything was said about this ?
also i clearly saw in the footage of Lenny hurting his hammy a Purple putting out his hand a grabbing the ankle of lenny as he tryed to run past to get the ball, now im not expert but i though tripping was a serious offence ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Let's not take anyone out of that Freo side I like the team just the way it was..........................pathetic.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Let's not take anyone out of that Freo side I like the team just the way it was..........................pathetic.
Would be even more so without Warnock, Crowley and Farmer :wink:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Fremantle's Robert Warnock will be able to play this weekend if he accepts an early plea after the panel charged him with a Level One charging offense against St Kilda's Luke Ball at Telstra Dome on Friday night.

Saints' utility Brendon Goddard, who remonstrated immediately with the Dockers ruckman after the first quarter incident, has been charged with wrestling, and can accept a $900 fine with an early plea.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default ... wsid=62036

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Saints' utility Brendon Goddard, who remonstrated immediately with the Dockers ruckman after the first quarter incident, has been charged with wrestling, and can accept a $900 fine with an early plea
Did anyone see Lenny when this was happening he was on the bench and when ballistic. He looked as though he was going to run straight onto the ground and deck someone.

Snakeman66
Club Player

Adam Goodes, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a Level One engaging in rough conduct offence against Clint Bartram, Melbourne, during the second quarter of the Round 13 match between the Sydney Swans and Melbourne, played at Manuka Oval on Sunday June 22, 2008.

In summary, his existing carry-over points from within the last 12 months means that his penalty cannot be reduced from a one-match sanction, even with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has 93.75 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 218.75 points and a two-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 164.06 points and a one-match sanction.
Obviously ran out of Get out of Jail Free cards. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
spert
Saintsational Legend

If we get into the finals by one game, then it is all worthwhile. And who cares about the style of play, reports etc etc

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Snakeman66 wrote:

Adam Goodes, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a Level One engaging in rough conduct offence against Clint Bartram, Melbourne, during the second quarter of the Round 13 match between the Sydney Swans and Melbourne, played at Manuka Oval on Sunday June 22, 2008.

In summary, his existing carry-over points from within the last 12 months means that his penalty cannot be reduced from a one-match sanction, even with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has 93.75 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 218.75 points and a two-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 164.06 points and a one-match sanction.
By my reckoning this means he gets a 25% discount off the 93.75 points he already has as well as the new 125 points?
If that's the case then he has now received the 25% discount for an early plea twice for the Selwood incident?
So instead of having 87.5 carry-over points (after the 1 match suspension) he now has 64.05 points.

What a great system!

Batnoe

Goddard was great, i am glad it spurred the boys on

we need to see more of it, why it didnt happen when Joey got hit earlier in the year i dont know

casey scorp
Club Player

Typical isn't it......

Bally belted, offender gets off (with a reprimand) and Goddard is fined $900.

Saints screwed again!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:Typical isn't it......

Bally belted, offender gets off (with a reprimand) and Goddard is fined $900.

Saints screwed again!
Yes again.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Personally I am happy with the results, while Warnock's hit was late it wasn't anything more serious, if one of our players got suspended for that we would be screaming out conspiracy theories...

As for the Goddard fine I'm sure he is more than happy to pay that :wink: .
Worth every cent as far as every St Kilda supporter is concerned...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Personally I am happy with the results, while Warnock's hit was late it wasn't anything more serious, if one of our players got suspended for that we would be screaming out conspiracy theories...

I am really Impressed with Goddard lately so much so that he seems to be IMO almost our most valuable player with his leadership out there sort of taking that Hamill type role which we have been lacking so much lately to lift the side. This guy just seems to just keep growing in his game every week and may end up blossoming into a fantastic Captain.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Personally I am happy with the results, while Warnock's hit was late it wasn't anything more serious, if one of our players got suspended for that we would be screaming out conspiracy theories...

i agree the warnock hit was sloppy but not worthy of a suspention but the trip was a clear ad day the freo players hand grabbed lennys ankle and you can clearly see lenny start to trip over i was possitive this was a reportable offence

as for farmers head butt i have only seen a still photo of the incident where Jeff had his forehead pressed against the face of harvey so it may of been just a push with the head then a full blown headbutt , but still if it had been bakes it would of been looked at ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Snakeman66 wrote:

By my reckoning this means he gets a 25% discount off the 93.75 points he already has as well as the new 125 points?
If that's the case then he has now received the 25% discount for an early plea twice for the Selwood incident?
So instead of having 87.5 carry-over points (after the 1 match suspension) he now has 64.05 points.

What a great system!
Thats a really good point.

should get 31 points off the 125 points for the current offence.

Thus it would be the carry over of 87.5 + the new 94 points. Thus he shoudl have 81.5 carry over points. Insteed he has 64.5 carry over points.

God they love their flaws at AFL house.

Suprised the trip didn't go up. Tripping by hand usually gets at least a low grade punishment.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Just heard that Goodes took the week as they dont play this week and that will count as his week missed so he will be right to play against the pies in the following week.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Just heard that Goodes took the week as they dont play this week and that will count as his week missed so he will be right to play against the pies in the following week.
Well if ayone can get away with that nonsense Plugger then your AFL Lovechild' would.

Want to try and explain the seeming anomoly with the 25% discount being given twice for his previous charge against Selwood?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Just heard that Goodes took the week as they dont play this week and that will count as his week missed so he will be right to play against the pies in the following week.
Well if ayone can get away with that nonsense Plugger then your AFL Lovechild' would.

Want to try and explain the seeming anomoly with the 25% discount being given twice for his previous charge against Selwood?
It's because Monkey Nuts Anderson is farkwit and isn't capable of thinking things through like this.

At least the good ol SS crew are on the ball.

No doubt if you asked the balding git KB what he thinks about this improvement he wouldn't understand.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Solar - you are not thinking it through to its logical conclusion:

Thus it would be the carry over of 87.5 + the new 94 points. Thus he shoudl have 81.5 carry over points. Insteed he has 64.5 carry over points.

Suprised the trip didn't go up. Tripping by hand usually gets at least a low grade punishment.
I agree so far - but then if he gets another 125 points and pleads guilty his carry over of 64.5 becomes 189.5 and is discounted to 142.125 meaning a carry over of just 42.125 and one match - worse still if he gets 68.5 points added to his carry over of 64.5 this totals 133 points - discounted by 25% to 99.75 and no weeks. This carry over would be further discounted by 25% in another plea.

Net result in the above situation (68.5 point offense) is no weeks penalty and 99.75 points

Real result should be 87.5 carry over + 93.75 (125-31.25) + 51.375 (68.5-17.125) equalling 232.625 or 2 weeks and 32.625 carry over

matrix
Saintsational Legend

:? :? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?:

:oops:

yipper
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote::? :? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?:

:oops:
Yeah. My calculator actually overheated and now just makes gurgling noises!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Solar - you are not thinking it through to its logical conclusion:

I agree so far - but then if he gets another 125 points and pleads guilty his carry over of 64.5 becomes 189.5 and is discounted to 142.125 meaning a carry over of just 42.125 and one match - worse still if he gets 68.5 points added to his carry over of 64.5 this totals 133 points - discounted by 25% to 99.75 and no weeks. This carry over would be further discounted by 25% in another plea.

Net result in the above situation (68.5 point offense) is no weeks penalty and 99.75 points

Real result should be 87.5 carry over + 93.75 (125-31.25) + 51.375 (68.5-17.125) equalling 232.625 or 2 weeks and 32.625 carry over
Eventually, the net result of all of this is the following.

Goodes cops a 125 point penalty every 2 games he plays (his average over the last month!).
Eventually with this special discount continually being used the discounted points get below the '1 match penalty' total and that 'triggers' an automatic 4 match suspension for Steven Baker
As there is no evidence of him doing anything in the Goodes incidents, the AFL relies on the 'testimony' of a Fremantle trainer who was at a ground on the other side of the country and who's prepared to make a complaint to the AFL's Investigations Officer claiming Baker was the one who did the 'charge/strike/bite/headbut/trip/unduly rough play/attempted any of the previous' that Goodes has been so erroneously charged with.

And justice will hane not only been done but have also been seen to be done.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Mr. Magic - I appreciate your free Baker thoughts - and I am ropable that he got done for 7 weeks - but the truth of the discount on the discount is self evident.

A simple fact of life is that we prefer compound interest to simple interest - The MRP is giving compound 'early plea discounts' and over the course of 13 incidents worth 125 points the result is that 10 weeks and 96.56 points are accumulated instead of 12 weeks and 18.75 points. The benefit is 122.19 points (or one free hit)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Mr. Magic - I appreciate your free Baker thoughts - and I am ropable that he got done for 7 weeks - but the truth of the discount on the discount is self evident.

A simple fact of life is that we prefer compound interest to simple interest - The MRP is giving compound 'early plea discounts' and over the course of 13 incidents worth 125 points the result is that 10 weeks and 96.56 points are accumulated instead of 12 weeks and 18.75 points. The benefit is 122.19 points (or one free hit)
Yes, I think you're onto something there.

But your 'compund interest' theory is compounded by the fact taht Goodes already gets a couple of 'discounted free hits' before he actually gets charged with anything that attracts points.

Under your 'carryover points compound interest theory' (to be now known as CPCIT) how many blokes does Goodes have to actually hit before he gets a 'Baker like' suspension?

My arithmetic isn't very good but it seems likie he would need to strike/charge etc about 48 times within a calendar year (remember under the new system carryover points are 'wiped' after 12 months)?

And I note that our resident expert on all-things AFL hasn't replied as yet so maybe he is off seeking clarification from the authorities?