Justin Koschitzke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

Justin Koschitzke

Does anyone know what's wrong with him? Has the game passed him by perhaps? What a terribly disappointing year he's had.

Mooksy
Club Player

Ok anyone have any opinions?

battye
Saintsational Legend

He'll come good. We would be foolish to trade him.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mooksy wrote:Ok anyone have any opinions?
with gehrig on the wane kosi seemed the logical choice as the next full forward. a big guy who can take a mark and kick straight.

hasn't turned out that way.

i think we should cut our losses in trying to turn him into a key position forward and and play him as second ruck drifting forward.

i'd be trying bj at ff on the basis that (while he might not be explosive on the lead or a strong contested mark) he is a good enough player to be able to get the ball one way or another.

i'd try dal santo on a flank alongside riewoldt.

one thing is for certain. we are not going anywhere with the current one-dimensional "kick-it-to-roo" forward set up.

got to be able to put a score on the board and for most of ross's tenure we haven't managed it.

hf: dal santo, riewoldt, gilbert
f: milne, goddard, kosi/changing ruck

the other option, of course, is to bring fraser back for a final hurrah. he did lead our goal-kicking for many years and won the coleman medal twice. so he knows how to put a score on the board.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 10 Aug 2008 5:01pm, edited 2 times in total.

older saint
SS Life Member

All FF's are only as good as the delivery , which in recent times has been poor at best.

6 foot 8 athletic and one of the few in the AFL that can actually split a pack to not grow on trees. Aside from being offered J Brown , Buddy which is not going to happen you do not trade him.

Perhaps trade those who cannot kick ?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

just another of our top ten draft picks who's career has been terribly disappointing.
Kosi, X and Raph, all hampered by ongoing injury problems and when they have been on the park have shown occasional glimpses of their talent but in the main have been ordinary.
What to do with Kosi? Is just a GOP at this point and not untouchable.

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

older saint wrote:All FF's are only as good as the delivery , which in recent times has been poor at best.
He's not even a FF. He's a ruckman who can be thrown forward.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Doesnt look fit enough .Should be by this time of season ,or are my eyes deceiving me

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:
older saint wrote:All FF's are only as good as the delivery , which in recent times has been poor at best.
He's not even a FF. He's a ruckman who can be thrown forward.

lol. The awful irony is that he's not a ruckman either.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

He is tradebait. Don't care if it comes back to haunt us, his time at the Saints must surely be drawing to a close. One of the most disappointing careers to date for mine.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

He should look at Drew Petrie & see how hard work has turned an ordinary player into a very good one.

davidgrantfan
Club Player

""All FF's are only as good as the delivery , which in recent times has been poor at best""

YUP...all the more reason for not giving the G train another go just yet. Aside from the fact that he hasnt played a game for a long time, he is going to look as ordinary, or worse than, anyone else if we continue to offer up poor delivery..like we did when G-train last played.

Kosi looks good enough to me when we deliver the ball properly. I suspect that young Ferguson might also. I wouldnt be in a hurry to let either of them go.

I'd be in a big hurry though to find someone who can kick to a man like Harvey can.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

How do you deliver the ball to a man who has no idea how to make position?

Kosi does not present as a forward. Roo does, that's why the ball is kicked to him.

Kosi has a physical problem with his peripheral vision. That's why he didn't see Gia when he cleaned him up a couple of years ago.
If you watch him closely you will see it every week, even at training. Just ask Luke Ball.

Time's up. If we can get a 1st round pick, trade him while he still has some value. He's not going to get any better.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Who's going to give up a first round pick for him? I know everyone wants to delist or trade half our list after last night's loss, but Kosi's not going anywhere. We wouldn't get enough in a trade for it to be worth it.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

davidgrantfan wrote:""All FF's are only as good as the delivery , which in recent times has been poor at best""

YUP...all the more reason for not giving the G train another go just yet. Aside from the fact that he hasnt played a game for a long time, he is going to look as ordinary, or worse than, anyone else if we continue to offer up poor delivery..like we did when G-train last played.

Kosi looks good enough to me when we deliver the ball properly. I suspect that young Ferguson might also. I wouldnt be in a hurry to let either of them go.

I'd be in a big hurry though to find someone who can kick to a man like Harvey can.
Oh FFS, how many excuses and how much rope does one guy get.
Koschitzke is :
Unlucky
Hasn't had enough time to get over his injuries
Hasn't had enough time to adjust to being Full Forward
Is being played out of position
Has poor peripheral vision
Has been more damaged than we thought from that clash with Giansiracusa, but he'll come good
Hasn't found his true playing position yet
The world's best contested mark ( except that he doesn't take that many)
Lacking in confidence
Not quick enough to be damaging around the ground, so should stay at FF
Not tall enough to be a regular ruckman, so should play mainly at FF
Too lumbering to play CHB so should stay at FF
A bit clumsy but a hell of a trier and just about to come good.........

and now.....
Is suffering from lack of quality delivery, otherwise would be cutting them up at FF

Hello!!!! Is anyone out there???? The guy just isn't as good as we'd hoped. It's not his fault, he just isn't. GOP at times and if the right deal was available, should be considered for trade.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Spot on st.byron.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Could be a great car but a LEMON

comes a time............

keep or let go

saint4life
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Mooksy wrote:Ok anyone have any opinions?
with gehrig on the wane kosi seemed the logical choice as the next full forward. a big guy who can take a mark and kick straight.

hasn't turned out that way.

i think we should cut our losses in trying to turn him into a key position forward and and play him as second ruck drifting forward.

i'd be trying bj at ff on the basis that (while he might not be explosive on the lead or a strong contested mark) he is a good enough player to be able to get the ball one way or another.

i'd try dal santo on a flank alongside riewoldt.

one thing is for certain. we are not going anywhere with the current one-dimensional "kick-it-to-roo" forward set up.

got to be able to put a score on the board and for most of ross's tenure we haven't managed it.

hf: dal santo, riewoldt, gilbert
f: milne, goddard, kosi/changing ruck

the other option, of course, is to bring fraser back for a final hurrah. he did lead our goal-kicking for many years and won the coleman medal twice. so he knows how to put a score on the board.
Would rather have Gwilt up there instead of Gilbo (He's starting to worry me.) Would even try Gwilt at FF.

Problem is if you put BJ and Gilbo fwd, you have no defence, with Max soon gone and a ? over Goose.

Kosi should either be taught to ruck, or see ya.

If trading, you need to weigh up the sum total of who we get. Getting rid of Plugger eventually got us to a Grand Final.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:He is tradebait. Don't care if it comes back to haunt us, his time at the Saints must surely be drawing to a close. One of the most disappointing careers to date for mine.
+

Unfortunately thats the thought I cant get out of my mind.

Granted, delivery is flowering pathetic to him. Woefull even.

But F*** me. He just cant get a kick. Doesnt look fit, even though he isnt injured for only the second season in his career.

He is a dead set passenger at the moment. And its just so flowering disappointing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sam23
SS Life Member

As i've said a few times, simply a spud.

Anyone can turn it on for 4-5 games, well not anyone but a lot can, and simply he can not live off this.

Is he a GOP? I don't think so, he was deadset in our bottom 3 players on Saturday night and probably has been in our bottom 3 since we played Carlton.

I'd take an early second rounder for him.

Goddard.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Problem is if you put BJ and Gilbo fwd, you have no defence.
as opposed to a forward line that doesn't function.

chuck raph or xavier or anyone else who is showing some form in the scorps in the backline to give us a chance of being able to kick a winning score.

but yes, perhaps gwilt forward instead of gilbert
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 11 Aug 2008 10:03am, edited 1 time in total.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

When he wears that white jumper it shows his body up for what it is - SOFT!

I was at training once last year and he had his shirt off and the guys chest is flabbier than my aunty sal's - It's a disgrace!

Slightly arousing, no doubt...but a disgrace regardless! :wink:

Look again it's the Flash!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Great pack mark- that's all. Had his only big year when he first came down and played in the backline -since then has beed a cooda-been. I would start giving McEvoy more game time instead.

wallbanger
Club Player

Get rid of him while we might get something half-decent for him.

Had enough. Had no luck but in the end overrated and disappointing...kind of a reflection on the fortunes of the team in general come to think of it..

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Big Kosi fan here and am very upset with how he is going about it right at the minute... Been defending him heaps this year, as i feel he is often unfairly criticised, but he was horrible on Saturday night... Worst game of the year...

Obviously i wouldnt trade him.. I am dead set against trading players that are in your best 18/22.... swapping around guys like Birss, Fiora etc, for similar players to fit needs is fine, but you dont cut guys like Kosi, no matter how poor the form...

Surprising to here is Aussie Jones's opinion, that Kosi plays like he trains.... Lazy... Looking at his agression you'd think he pounds the track, but lately he looks unfit and weak... Not in an injured sense, but a fitness sense...

Not good enough for this time of the year unfortunately...