Channel Ten

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Merchant
Club Player

Channel Ten

I don't post often, prefer to read what others think. But tonight I was subject to the most one sided coverage of a game of football I have ever seen. Unfortunately I had to move to Sydney two years ago and was unable to come home for tonight (I will be back for the GF) and was therefore required to sit through the game on channel 10.
To start with, I did not see a StKilda player on a promo for the game, all week focused on "The Buddy Show". We were then forced to sit through Stuart Little for two hours while the game had started.
When the football finally came on we had to watch Darcy interview Buddy for ten minutes.
Two hours of listening to Huddo barrack for Hawthorn was about enough to get me to turn off. When the commentary panel decided to give Brendan Goddard 6 weeks for pushing Sam Mitchell in the chest I had almost had enough. Later in the game Mark Williams throws a hip into Goddard's(I think) head and the panel immediately declares that he has nothing to worry about. Half way through the last quarter and we are all talking about who is going to play on Buddy next week.

I know that we were beaten tonight, but occasionally you would like to hear a bit of compassion in the commentary, perhaps a two sided view. They have to know that both sides supporters watch the coverage.
The lead up to the game was a disgrace and I suspect there is more of the same to come in the next week ("Ablett v Buddy")

Bring on 2009

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
The_Merchant
Club Player

They are still talking up Buddy after the game. Talking up his handball to Williams in the last quarter.

makemytime
Club Player

Umpiring didn't help us much either but yeah, mates and i decided to go to more home games next year rather than wacthing ten's converage

georgie girl
Club Player

Buddy really wasn't a factor tonight - Max gave him a footy lesson! But yeah, know where you are coming from - the coverage and commentary is very frustrating at times! Hate it when I can't get to a game!
Last edited by georgie girl on Sun 21 Sep 2008 1:05am, edited 1 time in total.

Antiquera

As i came out side tonight a hawker fan was carrying a large cut out poster of jason dunstan as he use to be , not the weighty model of the man we see today . There was a fair amount of amusement as i called out they might want to keep it handy next week the way buddy was playing tonight ,it could be a better option in the team ins and outs!

I just consoled my myself that maxie flew the colours well tonight.

the inheritance of the saints in light
The_Merchant
Club Player

Lance Franklin - 8 pos, 1 goal 1 behind.
Lowest posi's for any Hawthorn player, yet we had to put up with hour after endless hour of how good buddy is. He has never played a decent game against St Kilda. For those wanting to get rid of Kosi, he played better than Buddy did.