"Abysmal Service " section at the Etihad Club yest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

"Abysmal Service " section at the Etihad Club yest

I'm not sure this post belongs in the Saintsational Fan Forum but no doubt someone will correct me.

This post is for my fellow Sainter who yesterday stood at the bar in the Victory Room and our conversation began along the line of the "abysmal service" offered by Ethihad Stadium staff at the bar.

It was a general conversation between two Sainters discussing the bar service and my observation that someone could always ring Collo and point out that as we are paying ES $125k could they provide more staff and my other observation was that if they had the same staffing levels for next weeks game then it will be hard to get any kind of drink.

Neither of us could decipher the hissed comment made at the other Sainter by the blonde barmaid but I can assure my fellow Sainter I copped her wrath :twisted:

She refused to serve me as "you've been rude, mate" and she wasn't going to serve me. Er, since when do two people (customers)having a general conversation, minus foul or abusive or threatening language, constitute a refusal of service which in the end reinforced my opinion of the customer service offered by ES?

Thankfully I managed to stand my ground and got my diet coke in a bottle which I requested be "served with a smile, as all customer service should........" and the justification for her refusal of service was that I'd never worked behind a bar. No, I haven't worked behind a bar, but I've 25 years of customer service with customers that certainly know how to use abusive language with a capital A.

So if anyone from Ethihad Stadium reads this post, a small reminder re customer service might be of value to some of your staff. You have the pourage rates as disclosed by the Supreme Court, so how about the pourage rates be accompanied by a) sufficient staff in the bars and b) bar staff who recognise the value of customer service.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

That's absolute rubbish isn't it Trace. Do Spotless still have the rights to catering at Docklands?
Whichever mob it is, you can be assured that they don't give a flying F*** about service and customer satisfaction. Their one and only interest is how much money they can make out of it.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Excuse me . There's service at Livewire ??

when did this happen ??

I've almost dies several times of thirst in there. It is shocking.

No-one cares.

If it's the same blond thats been doing it for the past couple of years ,,, ha ha ha ,, this girl is unbelievably bimbo-ish

What will be next from this club ?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Hi Trace....

May I suggest that if you want, or may I say wish, that Ethihad Stadium read this that you change your title of this thread to include Ethihad Stadium...

Just a thought, and maybe someone from the press can get hold of it...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

the thing is if you want better service you have to pay for it, are you willing to?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:the thing is if you want better service you have to pay for it, are you willing to?
That is exactly right. It is probably the clubs requesting less staff so they have less bills to pay. It was the same when level 3 was shut for a North game. It had nothing to do with Etihad. It was so less staff were employed at North's reqest.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 29 Jun 2009 9:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Can you imagine the prices they would charge if they actually had sufficient staff?
As it is now, with very little service they charge exhorbitant prices for food adn drinks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Can you imagine the prices they would charge if they actually had sufficient staff?
As it is now, with very little service they charge exhorbitant prices for food adn drinks.
The prices wouldnt change. The clubs would pay more.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Can you imagine the prices they would charge if they actually had sufficient staff?
So the staff are provided by EataTurd Stadium and not the contractors who have the rights to sell/serve food and drink?

Or are the staff provided by the businesses who lease the kiosks/outlets/bars etc?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So the staff are provided by EataTurd Stadium and not the contractors who have the rights to sell/serve food and drink?

Or are the staff provided by the businesses who lease the kiosks/outlets/bars etc?
Yes but they would know how many staff are required for the expected crowd. If you wanted more than what they budget for then someone pays and that is the clubs.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

How do you know that is the case?

The person serving me the hot chips at the kiosk is employed by EataTurd Stadium and not the company that has the rights to sell the hot chips?

That company doesn't provide staff at all?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:How do you know that is the case?

The person serving me the hot chips at the kiosk is employed by EataTurd Stadium and not the company that has the rights to sell the hot chips?

Well thats how it works at the G and I know that as fact. If you wanted more people to serve you they would pass on the costs to the stadium who would pass it on to the club who wanted more people to serve you. It is pretty obvious that someone has to pay if you want more staff and they cant adjust prices weekly so the clubs pay.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

ausfatcat wrote:the thing is if you want better service you have to pay for it, are you willing to?
Well I was going to actually lash out and buy a wine, but once this started I changed my mind anticipating if things got nasty I'd might have needed to prove I was sober and hadn't drunk any alcohol.

Besides, in some ways it was my one personal protest of withdrawing the spending power by downgrading my order.

I hear all the arguments about paying more money for service, but to me it was all about miss snippety blondie thinking she can turn a private conversation between two of her customers into a personal issue that gave her justification to refuse me service.

I don't think it's all beer and skittles with ES finances, no matter how much they have of the monopoly in terms of bar and catering services, and I just think they should re-think their attitude to the mug public. Look at the AFL members dining room in the other part of the Victory Room- that room could not be making a profit because of the lack of patronage.

So the more staff they provide next Sunday the more patronage they will have at the bar, both before and after the game.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

If Spotless Services still have anything to do with it - expect nothing to change. I've had substantial contact and dealings with Spotless and they are interested in one thing and one thing only - money. Their customer service ethos is non-existent.
A marriage made in the very pits of greed - Collo and Spotless.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well thats how it works at the G and I know that as fact. If you wanted more people to serve you they would pass on the costs to the stadium who would pass it on to the club who wanted more people to serve you. It is pretty obvious that someone has to pay if you want more staff and they cant adjust prices weekly so the clubs pay.
That's not how it works at teh Corporate Boxes at EataTurd Stadium. A separate company has the rights to serve food/drinks in the boxes and you pay them for the service you get.

I'm absolutely staggered that the contractor doesn't have their own staff cooking, serving, manning cash registers and is relying on EataTurd's management to provide them with staff?

That doesn't sound logical.

Under that scenario, the Contractor (whether it be Spotless or whoever) wouldn't have
the ability to hire/fire staff,
determine hours,
determine pay rates,
or any other normal activity an employer has in these circumstances.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Hey Trace...

I know you are serious on this issue, but please let me digress, just a little...

Is this blondie a good looker???

Maybe Eastern can sweet talk this "blondie" to respect us Saint's Fans at the very least...

Come on Eastern...

Give this girlie a little wink and a little tip.....

I hear you don't shout much, but the very least you can do is give this blondie a tip.....

:wink: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That's not how it works at teh Corporate Boxes at EataTurd Stadium. A separate company has the rights to serve food/drinks in the boxes and you pay them for the service you get.

I'm absolutely staggered that the contractor doesn't have their own staff cooking, serving, manning cash registers and is relying on EataTurd's management to provide them with staff?

Under that scenario, the Contractor (whether it be Spotless or whoever) wouldn't have
determine hours,
determine pay rates,
I dont know what you are talking about. The company and it isnt spotless, they do the G, hire the staff and pay them but if we requested more as what everyone seems to want then the company would hire more but would pass on the charges to the stadium who would then pass them onto the club that requested more staff.

The food companies base the staff needs on the expected crowd.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Management couldn't give a rats tossbag about service when it comes to serving alcohol because it is directly linked to crowd control. If they have heaps of staff serving heaps of booze then this equates to heaps of agro. Not a good thing at the footy.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It's OK if you have a "PRIORITY SERVICE" card at the Ted Whitten Bar. Does anyone want to buy one? :lol: :wink: !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

determine hours,
determine pay rates,
I dont know what you are talking about. The company and it isnt spotless, they do the G, hire the staff and pay them but if we requested more as what everyone seems to want then the company would hire more but would pass on the charges to the stadium who would then pass them onto the club that requested more staff.

Plugger, if you don't understand what I'm talking about then why are you debating it with me?

It is quite obvious that the Companies who provide the service also hire the staff and set the prices.
They don't increase the prices on days they have bigger crowds because they require more staff.

They sell more product which covers the cost of more staff.
The whole premise of what you have been arguing on this matter is nonsensical.

If the crowd/demand is greater than what they expected then they will find themselves short-staffed.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept criticism of any authority when it comes to AFL is warranted?
It's not a difficult concept that sometimes the authorites get it wrong?

Just maybe the problem with bad-service at EataTurd Stadium comes down to a simple thing that the catering companies are paying too much for the rights to sell there and have limits to the prices they can 'gouge' the public with, so the only way they can save money is by cutting back on staff?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just on a poor service thread, thought I may post this...

In the Victory Room, keep an eye on how your food is served up ifyou have a nicely priced and quite reasonable feed there. (Not knocking it, it's ok for what you pay for).

However, be very wary of thumbs from the servers, who have no idea whatsoever how to hold a plate while serving food...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Just a quiet word of advice, refuse it if there's a dirty thumb sitting in your rice as it's being dished up - demand a fresh plate until they hire people who have passed basic hospitality courses and not just "paid for" them...

ace
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:That's absolute rubbish isn't it Trace. Do Spotless still have the rights to catering at Docklands?
Whichever mob it is, you can be assured that they don't give a flying F*** about service and customer satisfaction. Their one and only interest is how much money they can make out of it.
Spotless Services don't have the catering at Docklands - not anymore.
Delaware North Australia have the contract.
Delaware North is American owned.

Spotless Services still has the catering at the MCG.
Former chairman of the AFL commission Ron Evans was the managing director and a major shareholder in Spotless Services.

Spotless Services through its subsidiary company Nationwide Venue Management, was the original operator of Docklands Stadium.
The AFL clubs may not have had good deals at Docklands.
But Ron Evan's Nationwide Venue Management did.
Also got a good sale price too.
Former Essendon President Ron Evans ensured Essendon was guaranteed the best deal at Docklands.

The AFL clubs may not have had a good deal at the MCG .
But Ron Evan's Spotless Services did.

Surprising that only since Evan's death has the AFL recognised a problem with club contracts at the MCG and Docklands.
Surprising that only recently has the AFL realised they should be getting revenue from catering at Docklands.

Now current chairman Mike Fitzpatrick is 50% owner of the Homebush Olympic Stadium (ANZ Stadium) in Sydney.

No conflicts of interest, and no corruption in the AFL eh Plugger66.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

determine hours,
determine pay rates,

Plugger, if you don't understand what I'm talking about then why are you debating it with me?

It is quite obvious that the Companies who provide the service also hire the staff and set the prices.
They don't increase the prices on days they have bigger crowds because they require more staff.

They sell more product which covers the cost of more staff.
The whole premise of what you have been arguing on this matter is nonsensical.

If the crowd/demand is greater than what they expected then they will find themselves short-staffed.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept criticism of any authority when it comes to AFL is warranted?
It's not a difficult concept that sometimes the authorites get it wrong?

Just maybe the problem with bad-service at EataTurd Stadium comes down to a simple thing that the catering companies are paying too much for the rights to sell there and have limits to the prices they can 'gouge' the public with, so the only way they can save money is by cutting back on staff?
You fail to understand what we are talking about. People wanted more staff than they currently have. They have the right amount of staff in their opinion for the expected crowd. If we as a club or our supporters want more staff than the caterers will supply because of the expected crowd then we pay for it. Surely it isnt hard to understand.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
st.byron wrote:That's absolute rubbish isn't it Trace. Do Spotless still have the rights to catering at Docklands?
Spotless Services don't have the catering at Docklands - not anymore.
Delaware North Australia have the contract.
Delaware North is American owned.

Spotless Services still has the catering at the MCG.
Former chairman of the AFL commission Ron Evans was the managing director and a major shareholder in Spotless Services.

Spotless Services through its subsidiary company Nationwide Venue Management, was the original operator of Docklands Stadium.
The AFL clubs may not have had good deals at Docklands.
But Ron Evan's Nationwide Venue Management did.
Also got a good sale price too.
Former Essendon President Ron Evans ensured Essendon was guaranteed the best deal at Docklands.

The AFL clubs may not have had a good deal at the MCG .
But Ron Evan's Spotless Services did.

Surprising that only since Evan's death has the AFL recognised a problem with club contracts at the MCG and Docklands.
Surprising that only recently has the AFL realised they should be getting revenue from catering at Docklands.

Now current chairman Mike Fitzpatrick is 50% owner of the Homebush Olympic Stadium (ANZ Stadium) in Sydney.

No conflicts of interest, and no corruption in the AFL eh Plugger66.
Etihad stadium make all the profits at the moment from pourage and food rights so why would it matter to the AFL who has the rights. Matter of fact they have never got anything from those rights so they have no say on what company is picked by the stadium and can assure you they also have no say in who is picked at the G.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Etihad stadium make all the profits at the moment from pourage and food rights so why would it matter to the AFL who has the rights. Matter of fact they have never got anything from those rights so they have no say on what company is picked by the stadium and can assure you they also have no say in who is picked at the G.
The AFL has recently been claiming that the contracts entitle the AFL to revenue from pourage but none has ever been received.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08