Saints players' celeberations after the win on Sunday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Saints players' celeberations after the win on Sunday

Did anyone else notice? No hugging, no screaming and carrying on. A gentle clench of the fist, a pat on the back.

This for me was a sign of the mental attitude the Saints have this year. It's business. Do the right things = get the reward. Do what we believe in and we can beat anyone. No hysterics.

Big shift and I like it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Channel 7 obviously thought there was going to be hysterics... 2 seconds before the final siren they cut away from what would have been an amazing shot of Level 1 going ballistic to show Roo quietly pump his fist, followed by our song accompanied by shots of exhausted players barely able to walk off the ground. No supporter reaction at all until a shot of a big flag draped over L2 with a familiar SS face standing proudly behind it with his family :-)

Agree though fingers, these guys are focussed. For comparison, look at the reaction when we beat Brisbane in 2004. Players were all over each other

Its all about the last Sat in September this time round :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Due to my own hysterics, I only noticed once I saw the reply, and I thought the same thing. HUGE indicator.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Not only after the match but during as well, when a bad umpire call goes against us (and there were a couple) no arguing, carrying on or throwing arms around, even milney after that baffling decision, asked the question then got on with it, unlike some mr ablett. Thought this showed great dicipline.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The song after the game as very subdued - except for Milney of course!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

They were more excited after beating the tigers, I see it as a good sign

Before Im 85
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I brought this up the other day, but as another posted pointed out to me.....there is also the fact that they were probably too tired!

DJKCR
Club Player

I still haven't seen their reactions or the song as in WA we cut straight from the end of the match to the Fremantle match :x

I can't find anything on Youtube in regards to the song but I have found the last two minutes of the match if you want to watch that again. I am not too sure about how to supply a link but here goes.

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I think they were just to spent to celebrate

Schillaci
Club Player

If the thread title is anthing to go by the got well and truly pi$$ed and "celeberated" until the early hours....hic

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

My Tiger supporting best mate also commented on this. He said that there were no wild celebrations or jumping about. A pump of the fist and a pat on the back and that was it. They're focused - loving it.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Which was in complete contrast to how pumped Geelong were when they thought they were back in it during the last quarter..........but they're not hurting over the loss. :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Which was in complete contrast to how pumped Geelong were when they thought they were back in it during the last quarter..........but they're not hurting over the loss. :roll:
My heart bleeds for the poor pussies.

I bet those feral-inbred's won't let us get to a 5 goal start again, will they?

Not that it will help them - it'll just make us play even harder!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Which was in complete contrast to how pumped Geelong were when they thought they were back in it during the last quarter..........but they're not hurting over the loss. :roll:
well...it wasn't really a loss... not if you can believe some of their players, coaches ex-players and even some forum members........must think that the afl and dimwit are going to revisit the game and split the 4 points for an honourable lo... ..err..can't call it a loss....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

I watched On the Couch last night .

That bloody Mike Sheann ,,

Like ,, hello St Kilda won the game !!

Knobjockey that one.

What will be next from this club ?
kalsaint
Club Player

stinger wrote:
well...it wasn't really a loss... not if you can believe some of their players, coaches ex-players and even some forum members........must think that the afl and dimwit are going to revisit the game and split the 4 points for an honourable lo... ..err..can't call it a loss....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well they do have aproven track record. Sirengate comes to mind.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
markp
Saintsational Legend

I think it was part keeping a lid on it, and part the fact that they were all spent.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Exactly.

And Gablett's easily lip-readable 'F--K!' combined with a 'can't believe we lost' waft of the arms was actually a new post match warm down technique...

Can play, Gablett, but gee - add last Sunday's reaction to the abject horror on his mug when he lost last year's Brownlow and the childish sookery of last year's Grannie defeat...Hmmmm...I'm glad we don't have those types among our 22 is all I'll say...

GrumpyOne

What's a celeberate?

A joyous occasion commemorating celibacy?

Or a yelling festival.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:

Can play, Gablett, but gee - add last Sunday's reaction to the abject horror on his mug when he lost last year's Brownlow and the childish sookery of last year's Grannie defeat...Hmmmm...I'm glad we don't have those types among our 22 is all I'll say...
I'd hope that every one of our blokes reacts the same way IF we lose the GF this year. If you're not hurting after a GF loss, then you probably shouldn't be out there.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I'd hope that every one of our blokes reacts the same way IF we lose the GF this year. If you're not hurting after a GF loss, then you probably shouldn't be out there.
Couldn't agree more - he showed it hurt, they wanted it, there was nothing held back - I wish the Saints had more of 'those types' among the 22 :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
fingers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:What's a celeberate?

A joyous occasion commemorating celibacy?

Or a yelling festival.
Shut up ;)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Moods wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Couldn't agree more - he showed it hurt, they wanted it, there was nothing held back - I wish the Saints had more of 'those types' among the 22 :shock:
With respect, bullshyte. It was graceless and pathetic. He's a grown man with a freakin 07 flag in his pocket who had the last twenty minutes of a game of footy to realise this time it had slipped away. You of course can think what you will, but I would much prefer blokes made of sterner, flintier, steelier stuff than that sort of schoolyard cotton wool sooky la la 'didn't win wanna go home, mummy' crap.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Moods wrote:
Thinline wrote:

With respect, bullshyte. It was graceless and pathetic. He's a grown man with a freakin 07 flag in his pocket who had the last twenty minutes of a game of footy to realise this time it had slipped away. You of course can think what you will, but I would much prefer blokes made of sterner, flintier, steelier stuff than that sort of schoolyard cotton wool sooky la la 'didn't win wanna go home, mummy' crap.
Is that what he is ? That's your opinion, I don't agree - Anyway I thought the game was decided in the last 2 minutes not the last 20 :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Moods
Saintsational Legend

You must have been ropeable at Max back in 2002 I think it was, when we lost a close game, and looked like we would never win a game. Max was balling like a baby.

I don't mind a bit of emotion in the boys, as long as it's controlled during the game.

And for what it's worth, if the cats players had showed the sort of determination and competitiveness in last years GF as Ablett did, I reckon they would be going for a 3 peat right now.