dob in the Flare chucker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

dob in the Flare chucker

I was very angry last night when the flare went of. Someone rang SEN last night and said his 7 year old nephew suffered from a breathing attack .

so if you know who done it tell the stkilda football club and they should take the matter further to the AFL.

trevor barker
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Like I said in the other thread about this matter, if they find the person responsible they should be stoned to death.

What an absolute insane thing to do, risking the safety and lives of people and in particular children. This type of act has caused death before and people who do such things are not only dangerous to themselves but more importantly they are a danger to innocent people and they should be eliminated as a precaution.

If anyone knows anything about it they should report it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

and i thought i was a bit extreme sometimes..... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
benengel14
Club Player

Don't you hate pants?!!!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:and i thought i was a bit extreme sometimes..... :wink: :lol:
you are :lol:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: they should be stoned to death.
could be next weeks halftime entertainment!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Wolfpak
Club Player

Why, least he gave us some excitment, more than what the bulldogs could offer.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
stinger wrote:and i thought i was a bit extreme sometimes..... :wink: :lol:
you are :lol:
:wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Wolfpak wrote:Why, least he gave us some excitment, more than what the bulldogs could offer.
Excitment at the expense of safety? how would you have liked it if you had a young child with you who had bad asthma, too much of a risk for too little reward.

The tossers should be banned for life...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it was 'rocket' Eade....setting off a distress signal, being in charge of a sinking ship

Bring back the Lockett era
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Wolfpak wrote:Why, least he gave us some excitment, more than what the bulldogs could offer.
Excitment at the expense of safety? how would you have liked it if you had a young child with you who had bad asthma, too much of a risk for too little reward.

The tossers should be banned for life...
I like my stoning idea better.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me or did others notice that the flares were right behind the Bulldogs Cheersquad? !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Is it just me or did others notice that the flares were right behind the Bulldogs Cheersquad? !!
Doesn't matter. Whoever did it should be stoned to death.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Eastern wrote:Is it just me or did others notice that the flares were right behind the Bulldogs Cheersquad? !!
Doesn't matter. Whoever did it should be stoned to death.
Agreed.

Because this is a family forum, I am unable to describe these people as accurately as I would like !!

James
Club Player

Was a few rows behind me and to the right.

Worrying that the Stadium security can't stop people smuggling it in. What if someone smuggled a bomb in? Would they find it.

Response was negative. Took the edge off a really upbeat section of the crowd too (we were right in front of the freak Milne goal and started chanting for him afterwards).

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
stinger
Saintsational Legend

wot you get for letting soccer supporting hooligans into the ground...imhfo....

Munga
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:wot you get for letting soccer supporting hooligans into the ground...imhfo....
poor form stinger

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

dob in the Flare chucker

Its amazing that in this day and age of security measures at almost every public event, the security at the dome manage to miss something as deadly as a flare being brought into the stadium. Its not the first time I've seen this sort of crap at the dome, it has happened at the soccer games held there too. I saw several of them being set off during the Melbourne Victory games against Adelaide in the 2007 finals games.
Its all well and good calling for them to be "stoned to death"(?!) :roll: I think the real villains in all this are the Stadium management, who are more concerned about fast food being brought in than these deadly weapons!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: dob in the Flare chucker

thejiggingsaint wrote:Its amazing that in this day and age of security measures at almost every public event, the security at the dome manage to miss something as deadly as a flare being brought into the stadium. Its not the first time I've seen this sort of crap at the dome, it has happened at the soccer games held there too. I saw several of them being set off during the Melbourne Victory games against Adelaide in the 2007 finals games.
Its all well and good calling for them to be "stoned to death"(?!) :roll: I think the real villains in all this are the Stadium management, who are more concerned about fast food being brought in than these deadly weapons!
In their defence if you really want to bring them in it is nearly impossible to stop the fools. You could have in you leg pants so they wouldnt be able to find that unless we manually search people.

S.A Saint
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Maybe it was 'rocket' Eade....setting off a distress signal, being in charge of a sinking ship

LOL pay that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately the issue with searches on the way in only applies to the honest people.

How many times have I just been asked if I had any glass or cans in my bag, with a very short cursory look in my backpack, and only because I offered to open it.

A flare can easily be concealed inside a jacket.

If we want to hang s*** on the security and the AFL ramps up the security checks, we will be screaming blue murder as we queue up for an extended period waiting for everyone to be properly searched.

This situation needs to be addressed by public condemnation of the offenders ( a news story depicting the poor kid who had an attack), by them being identified as a result, and by a suitable penalty being imposed to deter further offences.

I had an 11 year old asthmatic with me last night, and it could have been him who suffered.

And while my contempt is rabid enough for these dickheads, it may well have got worse. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

realdeal
Club Player

Re: dob in the Flare chucker

thejiggingsaint wrote:Its amazing that in this day and age of security measures at almost every public event, the security at the dome manage to miss something as deadly as a flare being brought into the stadium. Its not the first time I've seen this sort of crap at the dome, it has happened at the soccer games held there too. I saw several of them being set off during the Melbourne Victory games against Adelaide in the 2007 finals games.
If someone is stupid enough and really wants to get it in they can. Short of frisking very single person there isn't a whole lot that can be done other than the threat of prosecution etc..

on another note, the post match streak made by some guy would have to have been the worst streak in the history of the game, he got on and proceded to run straight towards the sercurity and was tackled by a big fat dude. If your gonna do it at least get your 5 grand worth and evade a few of them

:? :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

dob in the flare chucker

It really isn't a matter of me (as some posters put it) "hanging sh** on security staff" I have found them to be mostly polite and good humoured. I simply pose the question of how it is that a multi-million dollar operation cannot employ more security staff around the stadium to be able to intervene when such incidents occur? As far as having to wait a wee bit longer to get in, then I'm happy to do it if it means that folk are safer. Its really though a matter of (as the OP says) dobbing-in the culprits!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: dob in the flare chucker

thejiggingsaint wrote:It really isn't a matter of me (as some posters put it) "hanging sh** on security staff" I have found them to be mostly polite and good humoured. I simply pose the question of how it is that a multi-million dollar operation cannot employ more security staff around the stadium to be able to intervene when such incidents occur? As far as having to wait a wee bit longer to get in, then I'm happy to do it if it means that folk are safer. Its really though a matter of (as the OP says) dobbing-in the culprits!
Was aimed at the security, not the security staff jigster.

It would be almost impossible short of strip searches to prevent a flare being brought in. And believe me, if that occurred, to get 45K fans in we'd be lining up for hours...not that it will ever occur here.

I'm more disappointed that AFL fans would even contemplate bringing one in, hence surely causing reviews of security.

And yes, dob them in please.

But then, an appropriate deterrent is required.

Also, I noticed that there were plenty of "other" supporters there last night, a crew of 3 Cats fans staggering around being more than obnoxious as an example. I'd say we are now bringing in interested on-lookers, but when they're already 3 parts pissed, it's not a good mix.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:Don't you hate pants?!!!
Yeah these things are killing me!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs