Excited yet I feel sick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJKCR
Club Player

Excited yet I feel sick

First of all let me say if ever we are goinng to win the flag it will be this year, and I think you will all have me to thank.For all 34 years of me being a Saints fan this year will be the first time in my life I will not be able to watch the Grand final I have just in the last two years started working offshore and I am due to head back to sea next week for a four week period. No TV and no beers I wont actually know who has won the match till the next day when we get our daily newsletter.
So I should cut to the chase does anyone over in Melbourne know how I can get my hands on a WEG Premier poster if we win? (Fingers toes legs and eyes crossed)? Will they still be obtainable in lets say another 5 weeks time, any information would be greatly appreciated.

I wish I could be there to watch it and feel sick about not being there but I hope more than anything that we can win it all this year

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
StSteven
Club Player

Will be available at weg website.

Juggernaut
Club Player

Hate to say but WEG is no loner with us
It will be interesting to se who or if they do something similar now

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Excited yet I feel sick

DJKCR wrote:No TV and no beers I wont actually know who has won the match till the next day when we get our daily newsletter.
That would be torture.

The things I'd have running through my mind that entire time.

I'm just trying to imagine what it would be like to find out whether we won a grand final by reading a newspaper or looking up the score on the internet.

Providing we make the GF of course, reading that newsletter could either be the most amazing thing ever, or the absolute worst. Your mind will be racing and your heart will be thumping reading that thing.

I'd frame the newsletter if we won.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Excited yet sick? Pretty normal response, especially for a Saints supporter. Our emotions can change at the drop of a hat in football, no more so, than during the course of a game. Our clash with Geelong this year was the classic example. Only on rare occasions have Saints supporters experienced such jubilation, including me. And yet, except for a crash pack mark in the dying few minutes, or an advantage call from an umpire, that jubilation could well have been despair. And that was just a H&A game! Hopefully, someone on your rig will get the "good news" info to you sooner rather than later. We need just three "good news" bulletins to achieve our goal.