What's with the jump in price ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

What's with the jump in price ?

I am extremely upset with the AFL ticketing prices.

The most expensive ticket for a junior is $28 and the least expensive for a concession $52.

Being a concession member for the first time this is a bloody joke :x

Is there any sort of mathematical explanation for why the AFl have done this ?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Because, they think every one is rich
my ticket is $76 i have paid more for concert tickets though.... i will not buy any food from the G they can shove it.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Ralphy wrote: i will not buy any food from the G they can shove it.

True that, i am extremely upset as this is coming out of my pocket and being a 16 year old with a part time job .... this hurts the hip - pocket.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:

True that, i am extremely upset as this is coming out of my pocket and being a 16 year old with a part time job .... this hurts the hip - pocket.
welcome to the real world

saint4life
esaint66
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

welcome to the real world

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly, but it just seems so unreasonable that you are 12 months above a certain age and you then have to pay double for a worse seat :?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

In 2052, when tickets cost $10,000 and the smallest note is $100 and there are no coins, we will look back and laugh that we went to see Nick Riewoldt's team win our 2nd premiership for under $300. I won't because I will be 6 feet under!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Just checked the prices on Ticketek. Holy crap! My ticket for the Preliminary Final will set me back $112 :shock:

Pretty sure this is about 20 bucks more than what I paid for the PF last year.

Will be breaking the bank if we advance into the GF :lol:

I guess, for me, the thing which puts it into better perspective is that people attending play-off/finals sporting events overseas pay for more inflated prices than we do.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I think it's a joke the corporate bunnies get it over the grass roots supporter who puts his hard-earnt on the line year after year and gets little or no recognition at a Grand Final! I suppose I'll have to make myself "more committed" and upgrade my ticket even further. So sorry do I feel for those out there who have supported the Saints since their last win, and cannot justify a big $$$'s membership and will have to miss the boat! I think a membership years tally (me excluded in my humble beginnings) should be seriously considered for some form of GF recognition.

I have an old bloke who lives a few streets away from me who has supported the Saints with a small membership for decades and decades. He lives in a humble abode and in his twilight years will undoubtedly miss seeing the Saints potentially do it again at the G with his own eyes. Where is the recognition? Surely this shouldn't be the road we're traveling down??

Sadly, I won't be there at the G should we make it. The Prelim, yes!! :twisted: Go the MIGHTY SAINTS!!!! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

esaint66 wrote:

Exactly the same situation as myself haha. I usually still get in as a junior at Etihad during the H&A, but MCG are very strict. And i would never risk not being let in for a final

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lucky for the AFL it's not Saints vs Lions, because the crowd would be pitiful at the prices they are asking.

I'm all for variable pricing in finals based on the matchups - for Geelong vs Pies, the prices are reasonable, but could be a bit lower for our game to get in a higher crowd.

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:Lucky for the AFL it's not Saints vs Lions, because the crowd would be pitiful at the prices they are asking.

I'm all for variable pricing in finals based on the matchups - for Geelong vs Pies, the prices are reasonable, but could be a bit lower for our game to get in a higher crowd.

Great idea, but the Pies would be whinging on a weekly basis ... even more so :wink: :lol:

bethb7
Club Player

The pricing it ridiculous I’m sitting in MCC they don't have concession prices so I’m having to pay $108! Good seats no doubt but geezus better be a good game

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Well it won't cost me anything.....

I'm watching it at home with a few frothies.....

I'll have to fork out big time for a ticket to the Grand Final,i don't see the point in spending big for the prelim...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Owen
Club Player

The prices are just ludicrous for the finals ..

Pies vs. Saints should have been a sellout - instead it was 20k short. I dont buy the crowd figure of 84k - it was less IMHO so many empty seats .. cert enough to dampen the atmosphere of what shoulda been a packed house ..

62k for Pies vs. Adelaide is pretty poor ... apparently up to 20k Crows even came over ..

AFL will get another shock this weekend when Pies vs. Cats is only about 80k .. a game which should again easily sellout at 'normal' prices ..

I hope they are making their money coz they're driving nails in the coffin of the atmosphere of the game .. will end up like NRL before you know it ..

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

I've been to all 4 MCG finals so far this year and the official attendance figures have had an extra 10,000 added on to what i really believe actually turned up. Also hate the way they fill up all the seats that are in camera shot. The MCC, Ponsford and Olympic stands are always empty on the upper tiers. AFL is corrupt

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Well it won't cost me anything.....

I'm watching it at home with a few frothies.....

I'll have to fork out big time for a ticket to the Grand Final,i don't see the point in spending big for the prelim...

One point might be that this may be the last game of the year for St Kilda....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hilairehinshelwood wrote:I've been to all 4 MCG finals so far this year and the official attendance figures have had an extra 10,000 added on to what i really believe actually turned up. Also hate the way they fill up all the seats that are in camera shot. The MCC, Ponsford and Olympic stands are always empty on the upper tiers. AFL is corrupt
How they fill up stands would make them corrupt for sure. Also you really only think there was 75000 at the Saints Pies game. Looked like 85000 to me. By the way the crowd sizes are done by the MCC and you can actually see them updated on the computer so not sure how they can lie.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
hilairehinshelwood wrote:I've been to all 4 MCG finals so far this year and the official attendance figures have had an extra 10,000 added on to what i really believe actually turned up. Also hate the way they fill up all the seats that are in camera shot. The MCC, Ponsford and Olympic stands are always empty on the upper tiers. AFL is corrupt
How they fill up stands would make them corrupt for sure. Also you really only think there was 75000 at the Saints Pies game. Looked like 85000 to me. By the way the crowd sizes are done by the MCC and you can actually see them updated on the computer so not sure how they can lie.
It' easy plugger66, if you want to lie, you just lie. Easy as that.

Do you always believe everything the establishment put out and reject everything the man in the street says?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Do you always believe everything the establishment put out and reject everything the man in the street says?
I do not believe everything but having worked in the MCC main office for over a year i have seen how certain things work and secondly why would the MCC lie for the AFL to make the figures larger.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I do not believe everything but having worked in the MCC main office for over a year i have seen how certain things work and secondly why would the MCC lie for the AFL to make the figures larger.
You say the MCC put out the figures. Are you sure the AFL don't put out their own figures (that may not be the same as the MCC figures)?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Ive been to all four as well....

Looked fairly consistent to me. Maybe because of the larger portion of functions operating during finals......

And the 'camera side' of the MCG consists of the entire AFL members section, which is usually full because it costs 10 bucks to go to games during the first two weeks. Big incentive for lots to turn up!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You say the MCC put out the figures. Are you sure the AFL don't put out their own figures (that may not be the same as the MCC figures)?
They are put out by the G on the website so i would doubt the AFL would put out different figures as it would be obvious they are different. Same as when Etihad have the figures on the scoreboard during the game.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

ever been to watch a soccer matech in europe?

tickets are a bargain compared to what you have to pay overseas

Robert Harvey- Simply the best