Very annoyed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Very annoyed...

Me and the group of people that I go to the footy with (Dad, Uncle, his family) are all Foundation Social Club members. And we have been since 1996. Additionally, we have held Gold reserved seat @ Docklands ever since we started playing there.

Our reward? Standing room.

All the Johnny-come-lately's get to enjoy the match in prime seating, and us loyal members will be straining to see anything at all, and be hurting our legs consequently! WTF is going on? Whatever happened to rewarding years of loyalty? All the extra money that we pay we on top of our regular membership fees are meant to secure us a seat in the event we make the GF. Well, we FINALLY make the GF again, and we don't even get a seat. I'm fuming. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Saints are coming!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

ok firstly I get your pain because we have been social club members for years and will be standing. But firstly what seat you have for the year has nothing to do with grand final tickets. But they still should have set up a system with the AFL so foundation members got the good seats first. Oh well suck it and smile cause you have tickets to the big one!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

At least you are there and standing has a great atmosphere.

supercoach
Club Player

yea it pisses me off as well

one of my mates dads has never gone to a game in his life and he got level 2 tickets on the wing given to him

Gilbert=legend
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Standing in itself is not a problem (although it may be for my auntie and her children) - it's the principle.

As Solar said, there should be a system in place whereby longer-serving SC members get priority. IT's not that bloody hard.

The Saints are coming!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Standing in itself is not a problem (although it may be for my auntie and her children) - it's the principle.

As Solar said, there should be a system in place whereby longer-serving SC members get priority. IT's not that bloody hard.
especially when they have this information on hand after updating the system

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Michele
Club Player

I think the system should take in to effect the age of a member as well. It makes me sad to think that older poeple are standing while some who are young and could stand have seats.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
nickm

Consider yourself lucky.

I've been a member for over 20 years now.

Four years ago I decided to start working my way up to AFL Full Member, so I'm currently still Silver.

I've missed out on a ticket completely. Still can't believe it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:I think the system should take in to effect the age of a member as well. It makes me sad to think that older poeple are standing while some who are young and could stand have seats.
And what about the hundreds of families who've taken up 'Family' Social CLub membership?
Mum/grandma, dad/grandpa and a couple of kids. How do they cope with standing room?

The problem seems to be that nobody actually bothered to think about the ramifications. I prefer that to the thought that they did think about it and just ignore it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
St Michele wrote:I think the system should take in to effect the age of a member as well. It makes me sad to think that older poeple are standing while some who are young and could stand have seats.
And what about the hundreds of families who've taken up 'Family' Social CLub membership?
Mum/grandma, dad/grandpa and a couple of kids. How do they cope with standing room?

The problem seems to be that nobody actually bothered to think about the ramifications. I prefer that to the thought that they did think about it and just ignore it.
You could also argue that you may be a foundation member but your kids arent so what happens then. it is very to organise. I think people should be happy to just get a ticket. Plenty do not.

suss
Club Player

Solar wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Standing in itself is not a problem (although it may be for my auntie and her children) - it's the principle.

especially when they have this information on hand after updating the system
I'm not sure what the alternative is. I am going in a party of four - three adults and a child. The adults have been social club members for 6+ years. My niece joined this year. Should a 9 year old girl stand by herself while we sit in another part of the stadium?

There's no perfect answer here. They're just doing the best and I think the fact that ALL social club members got the option of a ticket - even a standing room ticket - is pretty impressive. Having said that - I appreciate that it's not perfect and will cause some people some grief.

robsaint
Club Player

As I have said in the past should CAP social club membership to 8000. This would not be a problem. We could also have a system where you have restricted social club, you get whatever is left. Much fairer! All full social club mambers get a seat. Too late now. The club also never warned people before they signed up for social club membership there was a chance that the tickets would be standing room. They had a big push mid year sucked people in and the unfortunately Loyal members missed out. I was lucky enough to get tickets for me and my 2 kids. We have been social club members for a number of years now. Like the AFL it is all about the money. I really hope those Loyal social club members somehow get a ticket.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I will not post what I put in another thread complaining that they are standing, but I am sure if you scroll down this page you will find it.

BUT THINK YOURSELF LUCKY YOU ARE GOING ON SATURDAY

Be grateful, you have a ticket, enjoy the moment and enjoy the fact you will be there on saturday.

Maybe even spare a thought for 5 seconds for the ones who can't go.

I understand that you have been a SC member for x amount of years but I am sure there are many of others in the same boat, like I said, be happy you are going to the MCG this saturday.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

robsaint wrote:As I have said in the past should CAP social club membership to 8000. This would not be a problem. We could also have a system where you have restricted social club, you get whatever is left. Much fairer! All full social club mambers get a seat. Too late now. The club also never warned people before they signed up for social club membership there was a chance that the tickets would be standing room. They had a big push mid year sucked people in and the unfortunately Loyal members missed out. I was lucky enough to get tickets for me and my 2 kids. We have been social club members for a number of years now. Like the AFL it is all about the money. I really hope those Loyal social club members somehow get a ticket.
Why would the club cap the SC at 8,000. That is a hit to the bottom line of $507,000 every single year!!! Just in case on the off chance we make the GF. Those sorts of decisions would result in us not having a club at all to follow!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

22k Saints and about 30k Cats members cant get a ticket.

52k members missing out.

Dont let it wreck your day.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I only joined the social club so i could keep my Reserve seat at Eddiehead Stadium....

Doesn't seem worth it otherwise...I'm just not sure about the view with standing room,especially if your standing 6 deep and there are people who are demonstrative and cant stand still...

Good Luck after your bad luck...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

I share your sentiments TBS. We are FM's and we got seats nearly in heaven. But it is still better than the Sofa at home. And anyway it will be like watching the Game on Ch 7 with there crappy camera on the light towers but no Bruce. ;)

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I do think there should be some sort of loyalty reward system in place. And we are not complaining about being there, we are grateful. If you don't like us talking about our disappointment, don't read, simple.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:At least you are there and standing has a great atmosphere.
What a lame apologist line that is.
TBS, your treatment is the exact personification of all that is wrong with the way the moneyd end of town has taken over the footy.
I saw an ad on the box in Perth last night me that I could still get premium seats for the game through centre square.com or some such site.
The ad said that "your experience" includes transport to Birrarung Mar to mingle with other VIP's at the exclsuive centre square marquees. I get free champagne and then premium seats, followed by a soulless concert by where I and other VIP's can dance the night away.
What an absolute farkin'disgrace. Some like TBS, who embodies the word supporter, should, according to P66, be grateful for the opportunity to be at the game at all, whilst a bunch of knobs who couldn't give a F*** about either team can pay $1,500 for a premium experience.
If you can't see Plugger how wrong that is, then your AFL membership, big end of town defence of the system is even more unethical and ugly than I thought.

Santa
Club Player

Hi True Blue Sainter...I agree with you....they need to fix tis for future years.

I was lucky.....got seats, but feel for foundation members who are standing (and yes I know lots missed out).

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I do think there should be some sort of loyalty reward system in place. And we are not complaining about being there, we are grateful. If you don't like us talking about our disappointment, don't read, simple.
Well that means STOP reading SS all together because all we have had for the past 2 and days is about people getting GF tickets... Which all the threads have been about peoples excitement.... No problems with that, hell I would unstoppable if I had a ticket. but now its all about how unfair they have it because they have to stand..

Don't read it, yeah right, go back about 3/4 pages on here, find my thread that got completely HIJACKED about tickets to the GF when I was trying to see how would not be going and how we could get a few SS people together.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

You could also argue that you may be a foundation member but your kids arent so what happens then. it is very to organise. I think people should be happy to just get a ticket. Plenty do not.
But you do, don't you plugger66.

So easy for you to pontificate to those beneath you.

By the way you said nearly all Saints members will be at the Grand Final.
I think not.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I am lucky, I have a GF ticket through AFL members.
I am also a foundation SC member, which I donate to the club because I don't use.

Maybe as others have said , they should cap SC seats at 8000 or so and sell them as Premium, Prime and Standard according to membership level, and charge accordingly. it would make sure expectations are met, but it would also take it out of reach for some people.

robsaint
Club Player

Mad Dog. Read what I wrote. I said CAP at 8000. Then restricted Social club. They would still get the money. You idiot! You would have the best of both worlds.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:ok firstly I get your pain because we have been social club members for years and will be standing. But firstly what seat you have for the year has nothing to do with grand final tickets. But they still should have set up a system with the AFL so foundation members got the good seats first. Oh well suck it and smile cause you have tickets to the big one!
Totally agree with this.

Why would you not reward your most loyal supporters who have financially contributed the longest first????? - they have been there when many have not (and watch the bandwagoners jump off us the minute we start our descent)...

Its pretty f@rkin simple and all those who can't comprehend the principle behind that and who are suggesting "dont whinge, suck it up" should pull their head out of their @ss.

“Yeah….nah””