I'm proud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

I'm proud

We had an outstanding year, who would have thought before Round 1 that we'd lose just 3 games for the year.

I'm as upset as anyone here, just the feeling that a whole year of hard work came down to the last 15 minutes, and we couldn't get over the line. But I'm so proud of everyone out there today, it was not a pretty game of footy but the conditions were such that it was to be expected.

I hope people don't over analyse the game and bag players left right and centre... the truth is that there were two very good teams out there today, and only one team was going to win. We gave it our best shot.

To make the Grand Final is a huge achievement, I have faith that our performances this year put us in good stead for 2010.

Go Saints, well done on a fantastic year... let's hope we can go that one step further in 2010.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Feel proud. Can't faul any of the players, not one of them. Every single person died for St Kilda, everybody was sensational.'

Sadly, it doesn't help the heart break.

Time heals all wounds.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

With you battye...so proud!

I understand this hurts, but take a step back and look at what our boys did this year.

How many of you picked that we would be even playing in a grand final, be honest with yourself while you answer that, then put away the finger pointing!

stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

Completely agree.. they gave their everything.. every bit of them.

It's just geelong had the hurt from last year.. which we have now for next year to get us through the last 5 minutes..

Saint_Bronx
Club Player

So proud of they boys, im happy i got to see 2 saints GF in my life time, 2010 the year of the saint

SaintDebi
Club Player

I'm proud of them and I'm hurting for them.
Its so easy to point the finger from the comfort of our armchairs.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Sadly I have gained some respect for the Cats! They played fair and reasonably honest footy! We mucked up opportunity after opportunity when perhaps we didn't need to. Nothing is easy when the stakes are this high.

I love this club. My commitment if anything has increased ten-fold! Never say die St Kilda!!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Sadly I have gained some respect for the Cats! They played fair and reasonably honest footy! We mucked up opportunity after opportunity when perhaps we didn't need to. Nothing is easy when the stakes are this high.

I love this club. My commitment if anything has increased ten-fold! Never say die St Kilda!!!!
Yes, all credit to Geelong. They are a great team, and they know how to win. I thought they "played the game the way it should be played" as well, so good on them.

Even though it hurts like hell, it was a good game. Such high intensity in ordinary conditions... could have easily gone either way.

SaintDebi
Club Player

battye wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Sadly I have gained some respect for the Cats! They played fair and reasonably honest footy! We mucked up opportunity after opportunity when perhaps we didn't need to. Nothing is easy when the stakes are this high.

Yes, all credit to Geelong. They are a great team, and they know how to win. I thought they "played the game the way it should be played" as well, so good on them.

Even though it hurts like hell, it was a good game. Such high intensity in ordinary conditions... could have easily gone either way.
I'm not ready to be as rational or forgiving just yet. I hate the Cats, and them winning is worse than us losing to me right now.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:
battye wrote:

I'm not ready to be as rational or forgiving just yet. I hate the Cats, and them winning is worse than us losing to me right now.
I actually dont feel the hate for the cats.
I'm just gutted for us.

battye
Saintsational Legend

LaUrEnCe wrote:I actually dont feel the hate for the cats.
I'm just gutted for us.
Yeah, me too.

SaintDebi
Club Player

battye wrote:
I'm just gutted for us.
Yeah, me too.
I guess I'm a bit too close to enemy territory. Its going to be a long week.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Whatever happens! Stability is the key!!!

Ross Lyon has the answers! The players are the key!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:
battye wrote:
I'm just gutted for us.
Yeah, me too.
I guess I'm a bit too close to enemy territory. Its going to be a long week.

uh huh =/

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote:What absolute crap!!! I,m not proud of them. They lost. They were not good enough. I expected and wanted a Premiership - I'm sure that the players wanted it too. NEWS!!! We lost. We were only the second best team for the year. If that's something to be proud of, then mediocrity is a goal. Get real. We need to improve by another 20%. We can, but we won't if they listen to you sooks and losers!!!
Well this is the thread about being proud, go find another one if you don't like it...

Milton66
SS Life Member

The better team lost. Should have nailed them at half time.

Good effort boys.

Bring on next year.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
paws
Club Player

bassoon wrote:What absolute crap!!! I,m not proud of them. They lost. They were not good enough. I expected and wanted a Premiership - I'm sure that the players wanted it too. NEWS!!! We lost. We were only the second best team for the year. If that's something to be proud of, then mediocrity is a goal. Get real. We need to improve by another 20%. We can, but we won't if they listen to you sooks and losers!!!
no only 10%

paws for thought
Voyager
Club Player

Just back from the game... gutted but proud of the boys, even if we were not accurate and that has probably cost us the game...but, once gain, I am proud of the boys, proud to be part of this great team...still cannot believe what happened...will take time to get over it, but sure we'll back next year, stronger as Nick told the boys at the end!!

Go Sainters!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bassoon wrote:Sainter K, you just don't get it, do you. I am a proud St.Kilda supporter - I'm 47 years old - not old enough to remember 66. But am I proud of their performance? No. Just as in 1971 when we led by 20 points, in the 91 gf when Plugger kicked 9, and in the 97 GF when we led at half time - we lost them all!!! I've seen too many gallant and proud losses. Enough is enough. I congratulate the players for a great effort this year, but ultimately it wasn't good enough. If you think it was, go barrack for another side who enjoys mediocrity!!!
I get it, but this thread is about being proud of the boys...surely we are allowed to deal with the loss in this way if we choose?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I'm numb. I am not feeling anything at the moment.

I'm not angry, I'm not sad. I can't explain it. I actually was shattered walking out of the G in 97 but it feels as though I wasn't even at the game today. Our group didn't even talk on the way back to the car.

My image was seeing Lenny who was right in front of us and how shattered he was. Puts perspective in to things.

Think I better settle before any more posts.

Might just have a shower and go to sleep.

Goodnight.

Russman
Club Player

I'm proud of our boys, as long as they continue with the same effort and intensity next year.
everything is a waste if they drop off now.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Proud of what.
What are you all talking about.
We had these bastards on toast and we let them off the hook.
Proud of being piss weak, then good on you. This one was ours and we couldn't get it done. Boo Hoo.
These opportunities don't come along that often. We f@@ked up.
Get used to it.
This is why this club will never do any good. Too many people happy and proud of too little.
Dermie was asked late in the season if he thought St Kilda could win the flag and he said NO. When asked why he said because they were St Kilda.
ENOUGH SAID.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
SaintDebi
Club Player

Longwayfromhome wrote:Proud of what.
Proud of being piss weak, then good on you. This one was ours and we couldn't get it done. Boo Hoo.
Get used to it.
This is why this club will never do any good. Too many people happy and proud of too little.
Dermie was asked late in the season if he thought St Kilda could win the flag and he said NO. When asked why he said because they were St Kilda.
ENOUGH SAID.
Well you have fifteen other clubs to choose from.

GrumpyOne

Longwayfromhome wrote:Proud of what.
Get used to it.
ENOUGH SAID.
Maybe you might want to consider barracking for one of the ""successful"" clubs?

The filth seems appropriate for you somehow. :roll:

saintly_safes
Club Player

Proud of the effort but completely gutted. That was ours for the taking they didnt win it we lost it, still cannot believe it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: