Training at St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Training at St Kilda

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

The only player with permission to train with St Kilda at the moment is Tommy Walsh's Irish mate David Moran.

This may not be the final list as the full list of players wont be back training until Wednesday of next week.

Of particular interest Luke Ball is NOT training with Collingwood or any other team.
He is still on holiday.

He wouldn't want to get to fit before the start of the season because he may be required to run and spread when his team has the ball and either man up or at least run to take up station in a zone when the opposition has the ball.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Batnoe

Thats odd, Ball isnt training with anyone.. He doesnt work hard enough during the season or in the off season, no wonder you are getting left behind Ball

ace
Saintsational Legend

I would have thought Tommy Walsh's name would have been required to be listed.
Although the club has signed him and pre-selected him for the rookie draft, he is still not officially a St Kilda player until his name is called at the rookie draft.

Niall McKeever has been pre-selected by Brisbane but he has permission to train.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Thats odd, Ball isnt training with anyone.. He doesnt work hard enough during the season or in the off season, no wonder you are getting left behind Ball
You would think that if Collingwood were serious about wanting Ball they would insist that he come train with them just to reinforce the impression to other clubs that he will only play with them and keep your hands off.

Middo
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:Thats odd, Ball isnt training with anyone.. He doesnt work hard enough during the season or in the off season, no wonder you are getting left behind Ball
Hmmmm Waiting for Plugger66 to bite .......lol :)

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
He's a hard fish to hook.

Even harder to reel in.

Middo
Club Player

ace wrote:
Middo wrote:
He's a hard fish to hook.

Even harder to reel in.
Don't worry won't take long...a man of his great knowledge will have an opinion !!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that Goose is busting his behind but Bally is on holiday or just not training.

...and I am not trying to bait anyone...just for the record.

It would be really good if we could just evoke debate by rational discussion rather than trying to push someone's button. That is fraught with danger and likely to end in personal attacks. :wink:
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Wed 18 Nov 2009 9:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Now, you are being just a little bit mischievous here. Under the AFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement Luke Ball would be on Annual Leave until next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). The National Draft is next Thursday. It would NOT be in his interests or any perspective suitor's interests to seek permission for him to train ...................for ONE day !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Interesting that Goose is busting his behind but Bally is on holiday or just not training.
Goose is allowed to bust that scooter as much as he likes. Bally is a different situation !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Interesting that Goose is busting his behind but Bally is on holiday or just not training.
Goose is allowed to bust that scooter as much as he likes. Bally is a different situation !!
It's a different situation because his entourage stuffed up the negotiations.

Shades of Woewodin.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Shades of Woewodin.
Can I call it a different story? The situation is Goose has been allowed to train for several weeks because of when he finished playing in 2009. Bally's situation is that he would NOT be allowed to train until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Now, the story about Luke Ball, his family and Paul Connors and their negotiating skills........That is another story......And its been done to death !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

maybe not at full pace But Matty was also still training with the saints right up to the Grand final- but has been back for two weeks now at least lightly
4 of the squad had played the VFL reserves Grandfinal and were some of the few to miss those last weeks.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i think the difference is that ball is confident of being picked up by someone and goose maybe hasn't been.

but it now looks like carlton will draft goose.

they're still desperate for revenge over hamill and the numerous beltings we've given them this decade. they are a spiteful lot,

having said that, i'd be delighted for goose's sake if he can make a successful return to senior football.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I hope Goose makes it too.
Can you imagine him lining up for Carlton on either Kosi or Roo.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I shudder for poor goose at the thought of him lining up on Riewoldt.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I shudder for poor goose at the thought of him lining up on Riewoldt.
Yep, so then you wonder as to who he'd be a good match-up on?
Maybe that's why he was delisted?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I shudder for poor goose at the thought of him lining up on Riewoldt.
roo would give him the runaround, i'd suggest, like he does to everyone else. i wouldn't be surprised to see carlton try goose at chf.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Maybe King if he drifts fwd.....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
roo would give him the runaround, i'd suggest, like he does to everyone else. i wouldn't be surprised to see carlton try goose at chf.
Or maybe FF?
I reckon he's too slow for CHF but is still a strong mark.

Can you imagin him and Zac playing on each other?
I think that Sam Fisher, Sam Gilbert or Jason Blake would all run away from him at CHB.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Bingo, I think this is their plan....

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

i remember he was a forward when he came to us via draft am i correct?..im certain i read that,and we all know he can dob a long 50m goal easily.

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Shades of Woewodin.
Can I call it a different story? The situation is Goose has been allowed to train for several weeks because of when he finished playing in 2009. Bally's situation is that he would NOT be allowed to train until next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ball nominated for the national draft and was DELISTED. - He no longer has any attachment to St Kilda.
He is no longer "on leave", he is unemployed.
He is as entitled to train with another club as Goose.

Goose was able to start training with Carlton earlier because St Kilda delisted him earlier.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I really hope goose makes it as well, as a forward, opportunity is there with fev gone. Guy is a quality person

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Luke isn't training because he's not getting paid