Why do umpires hate Adam Schneider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Why do umpires hate Adam Schneider

Did he do something really awful in a previous life to the magots? The Filth scum put him in a headlock and body-slammed him to the ground late in the first quater about 20 meters from our goal, and the umpires paid holding the ball against him. Was he victimised when he was in Sydney, or is it just a St Kilda thing?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

last year he played for frees a little bit and it backfired in the grand final. Unfortunately now even if he doesn't play for it he doesn't get it

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He also sarcastically clapped an umpire :oops:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

notice Dennis Cometti made a comment after a glaring free against him was missed "i dont think hes claped anyone tonight "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:He also sarcastically clapped an umpire :oops:
Spot on, K. Against North in Round 21 last year.

But he acted twice last night, stop playing the ball, and neither was caught on camera. He has got to play the whistle. His last quarter made up for it but his acting is a bad habit and he needs to win back the respect of the umpires and some supporters.

starsign
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:

Not the smartest thing he's done and I wrote at the time these blokeshave long memories and he will have to earn every thing he gets from now on!
There's been a few glaring ones not pais since

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought dawson copped a hammering too. He is a confidence player and they already had him off guard when they tried roughing him up.

thought the umpiring generally went against us even when we seemed to be taking all the bumbs after disposal and generally Collingwood seemed to be playing the man not the ball. I think eddie must have had one of his little meetings with Gieshen to see why they dont get more free kicks than their opposition.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Not the smartest thing he's done and I wrote at the time these blokeshave long memories and he will have to earn every thing he gets from now on!
really this is not in the spirit of the game ... i understand umpires are somewhat people but really their role should dictate that their ego's be lets to the change rooms ... Free kicks should be paid on merit not because the umps feel the player deserves it cause hes a top bloke ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

degruch
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I thought dawson copped a hammering too. He is a confidence player and they already had him off guard when they tried roughing him up.
Zac certainly wasn't afforded the same latitude as Harry O'Brien. The gift free to Didak (umpires comment "you can't touch him, you can't block Alan Didak" sounded more like a threat than an instruction) and the pathetic push from Leigh Brown were diabolical.

Unfortunately, Schnieds has dug his own grave since he came to the club...he must have thought he could behave the same at St Kilda as he did at the Swans and still get away with it! No sympathy. Umps have very long memories.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly umps should be like goldfish and have no memory they should call the game on its merits as they see it ... who the players are and what team they play for should not be a factor ....

we need colour blind goldfish umping AFL games !!!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Of course, how did I forget, sounds a bit like "whispers in the sky" :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
Of course, how did I forget, sounds a bit like "whispers in the sky" :roll:
It's a disgrace Bev, slate should be wiped clean each match,

However Schneider can improve his game as far as his interaction with the umpires go IMO, and please, please don't confuse that with disliking his talent and contribution each week.

Saintsfan
Club Player

He has a record of bring a diving twat at times. If he was on an opposition team we would all hate him. Much like Milne.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
starsign wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I did not say the bolded quote below.

really this is not in the spirit of the game ... i understand umpires are somewhat people but really their role should dictate that their ego's be lets to the change rooms ... Free kicks should be paid on merit not because the umps feel the player deserves it cause hes a top bloke ...