Heyne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Heyne

I liked the look of him. At least has some composure and is a nice kick. Has enough pace to do some damage.

I prefer him to Steven and Armo.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

What he did looked quite classy. One glorious pick up on the run in the last qtr

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

We are a better team with Nick Heyne in it.

Good start and he will continue to improve.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Needs another game. Needs to stay forward tho, no use having forwards on the half back line.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Five inside 50's which was nice - and they didnt all seem to be "bomb-it-long-inside-50s" like some others tend to rack up...

battye
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Needs another game. Needs to stay forward tho, no use having forwards on the half back line.
Yeah, I agree. If he's going to be played between wing and half back then he should be dropped because he did nothing. But when he was up around the half forward line he looked okay, nice pickup and a few good inside fifties.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he will stay in, Ross said he was happy with his game.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Happy for him to stay in, though I'd like to see him spend more time up forward. His kicking was a bit awkward at times but certainly didn't disgrace himself. Don't know if he has the composure to cut it in the seniors yet.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:What he did looked quite classy. One glorious pick up on the run in the last qtr
was awesome. then he kicked it 40 metres lace out to kosi. and it went straight through his hands . oops...

he also hit sam fisher lace out with a nice 40 metre pass under some pressure. which sam held in a nice mark.

rexy
SS Life Member

Bloke behind me thought he was crap, said when he went off in the second quarter, "he wont play again hes a disgrace". Also thought Dawson was "terrible", Kosi was a "waste of space" in the forward line and the bombers wanted it much more than us.

I have defended peoples rights to have a crack, but this guy didnt get upset, didnt yell, didnt seem disappointed that we were in a real battle with a team we should beat. He actually seemed to me like he enjoyed putting on his saints scarf every week, buying the record, plugging in his little radio and sitting there rubbishing his team, not for what they did wrong either, not that was a shiit kick, but "you are shiit".

In the end I said to him do you actually support this club because you are doing a terible job of it, this is a team sport, you cant pick out 3 players and blame the worlds issues on them, his response was "I think youll find Im on the money, Dawson Kosi and Heyne are crap, they said so on the radio"? WTF.

Should have just moved I think. Dont know how the bloke he was with can sit next to him every week and listen to his drivel.

Maybe this year?
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Thought he was out of his depths massively early,but did some nice things as the game went on. Should of kicked that goal in the last,needs more composure and that will only come with more senior game time,but will reject recycler lyon give him some?

Bring back the Lockett era
rexy
SS Life Member

Think he will definately play this week, could be 3 forced changes and I dont think we have 4 guys at Sandy who deserve to play in front of him.

Maybe this year?
SaintTom
Club Player

He also was the kicker of the bigger Kosi mark. So, I'm going to claim that he was nearly entirely as important in that mark as Kosi!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Nick showed he has a wonderful penetrating kick and his composure will improve with experience.

He should play again next week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Did some poor things early..probably due to AFL being quicker than VFL...but as the game wore on I thought he looked a lot better.

For a first game one could not complain.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 17 May 2010 1:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mooksy
Club Player

I thought he looked good too. But I am becoming more and more perplexed with our selections so wouldn't be surprised if he got dropped next week.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Bloke behind me thought he was crap, said when he went off in the second quarter, "he wont play again hes a disgrace". Also thought Dawson was "terrible", Kosi was a "waste of space" in the forward line and the bombers wanted it much more than us.

I have defended peoples rights to have a crack, but this guy didnt get upset, didnt yell, didnt seem disappointed that we were in a real battle with a team we should beat. He actually seemed to me like he enjoyed putting on his saints scarf every week, buying the record, plugging in his little radio and sitting there rubbishing his team, not for what they did wrong either, not that was a shiit kick, but "you are shiit".

In the end I said to him do you actually support this club because you are doing a terible job of it, this is a team sport, you cant pick out 3 players and blame the worlds issues on them, his response was "I think youll find Im on the money, Dawson Kosi and Heyne are crap, they said so on the radio"? WTF.

Should have just moved I think. Dont know how the bloke he was with can sit next to him every week and listen to his drivel.
why didn't you just snot him......i would have been tempted......

ps,,,he is wrong about kosi and heyne.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint4Eva
Club Player

Loved his 1st game, yeah he didnt get alot of the ball but looked very classy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ill be disappointed if he gets dropped given RL has a history of giving guys several games in row to prove themslves/adjust.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Bloke behind me thought he was crap, said when he went off in the second quarter, "he wont play again hes a disgrace". Also thought Dawson was "terrible", Kosi was a "waste of space" in the forward line and the bombers wanted it much more than us.

I had some dimwit in front of me who was a disgrace of a supporter. The crap that spewed from this guy's mouth - you would not believe.

Makes me think....where was Joffaboy sitting? ;)

shmic_s
Club Player

Bloke behind me was bagging the crap out of Kosi.
Dropped a mark and a pack formed on top of the ball.
"we'll never get anywhere with him in the team, useless, f****ing useless. can't even take a chest mark"
Up gets Gilbert from the bottom of the pack. There's kosi on the opposite side of the ground.
Mate if you're going to bag our players, at least get their names right.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Makes me think....where was Joffaboy sitting? ;)
Rumour has it that his softness was at home in front of the tv :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Highlight on a dark night for us and his left foot is very strong. That snap he missed was right footer.
If he got dropped I would fall off my chair.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:Highlight on a dark night for us and his left foot is very strong. That snap he missed was right footer.
If he got dropped I would fall off my chair.
same. he showed enough to indicate he could do some real damage. hes more than just a battler (like eddy and geary). some of his run and passes were deft and exciting.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah definitely showed enough.

Looks like a player to be honest. No reason he couldn't hold down a spot.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....