Lockett Vs Fox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint vince
Club Player

Lockett Vs Fox

Todays sleeper hold from Barry Hall that he just would not let go of instantly reminded me of pluggers big hold on Brad Fox of Essendon. I rekon it was at Waverley in the early 90's if I remember.

Can anyone else remember it. I can remember it more on urban legend than what actually happened.

I have heard big Stewie has stated that he thouht he was going to kill him and he tried to intervene.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

My wife actually worked with Fox at the commonwealth bank at the time. He fainted as he couldnt breath and said to my wife he thought he was going to die.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:My wife actually worked with Fox at the commonwealth bank at the time. He fainted as he couldnt breath and said to my wife he thought he was going to die.

you have a wife????....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....poor dear.... :wink: :lol: ...her...not you....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:My wife actually worked with Fox at the commonwealth bank at the time. He fainted as he couldnt breath and said to my wife he thought he was going to die.
But what happened at the game?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
johnc19690

It was round 1 1992 at Waverley. Saints won by 17 points. It was the 1st time we beat Essendon since 1979 or 1980 and I think Lockett kicked 7 goals...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This has been reported in the media also, so not new news.

Let's just hope Bazza gets a few weeks.

I'll try and get some inside info re Scott Thompson during the week from a very good source also!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

you have a wife????....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....poor dear.... :wink: :lol: ...her...not you....
How is your plastic doll going. Still getting plenty of use. Next time get a female one.

Saintsfan
Club Player

stinger wrote:

Reported for abuse of a family member. Something you should know about.

The Saintsfan Cometh
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

How is your plastic doll going. Still getting plenty of use. Next time get a female one.
Okay that made me laugh

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
maverick
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Okay that made me laugh
And me

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Interestingly, it was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional
- high impact (ie. took 4 dudes to pry him loose)

Saintsfan
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Interestingly, it was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional
Do you think he should be suspended for that though?

Regardless of who it was and the prior angst it had caused him...surely a headlock doesn't deserve anything?

Barry is being treated as some sort of demi-god through this as if we have to feel sorry for him that he has anger problems and a big bad North defender stirred him up and shouldn't have.

The Saintsfan Cometh
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Suspended for a headlock. I hope not. Dont care who it is.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Suspended for a headlock. I hope not. Dont care who it is.
Why would the rules suddenly change?

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

You're not going to suggest the AFL or the MRP change the rules to suit different scenarios?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

You're not going to suggest the AFL or the MRP change the rules to suit different scenarios?
That is crap. It was a wrestle and someone was put in a headlock. So from now on we dont fine players fro wrestling, we suspend them. RF you actually have less idea than I thought.

Saintsfan
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

The rules don't change however...bugger me if he gets done for that the rules are a changin' and non-contact will be the next rule applied.

The Saintsfan Cometh
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

That is crap. It was a wrestle and someone was put in a headlock. So from now on we dont fine players fro wrestling, we suspend them. RF you actually have less idea than I thought.
I repeat...

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

What if I was wrestling a guy and put an arm bar on him? Or a knee bar? It would take me 2 seconds to do it, and put him out for the season.

But cause it was during a wrestle, it's Ok?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

The rules don't change however...bugger me if he gets done for that the rules are a changin' and non-contact will be the next rule applied.
If you make high, intentional, forceful contact off the ball you get weeks.

That's the rule.

That's what Hall did.

He most definitely should get weeks.

According to the ridiculous AFL rules.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

I repeat...

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

What if I was wrestling a guy and put an arm bar on him? Or a knee bar? It would take me 2 seconds to do it, and put him out for the season.

So every wrestle now gets weeks not a fine. I repeat it was a headlock and a wrestle and as you said surely AFL and MVP arent going to change rules on the run. He will get a fine as all wrestling gets.

As for scenario that actually didnt happen imagine if he killed him or killed all 3 players. Makes as much sense and you mentioning something that didnt happen. Now on your way and think of some more negitive things about the Saints that has happened since 2007.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

I repeat...

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

So every wrestle now gets weeks not a fine.
No, I never said that.

I said....

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

So according to the ludicrous AFL system, he has to go. It's really, really simple.
plugger66 wrote: I repeat it was a headlock and a wrestle and as you said surely AFL and MVP arent going to change rules on the run. He will get a fine as all wrestling gets.
If he doesn't go, then the AFL are changing the rules.
plugger66 wrote: As for scenario that actually didnt happen imagine if he killed him or killed all 3 players. Makes as much sense and you mentioning something that didnt happen.
As for something that did happen.....

It was....

- high contact
- off the ball
- intentional

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

It was a wrestle and under the rules of wrestling he will get a fine. Now go away and learn the rules unless of course you want the AFL and MVP to change the wrestling rule. Good bye and go back in your little hole.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:It was a wrestle and under the rules of wrestling he will get a fine. Now go away and learn the rules unless of course you want the AFL and MVP to change the wrestling rule. Good bye and go back in your little hole.
Wrestling is fine.

This was ....

Intentional, forceful, head high contact off the ball.

What happens if you strike someone in the head whilst in a wrestle?

You would go. Why? Because it's intentional, forceful, head high contact off the ball.

A wrestle is a scrap where no other rules are broken. In this instance, it's absolutely clear that the AFL's most precious rule was broken.

Remember when J. Brown got weeks for putting Blake in a headlock?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:It was a wrestle and under the rules of wrestling he will get a fine. Now go away and learn the rules unless of course you want the AFL and MVP to change the wrestling rule. Good bye and go back in your little hole.
Wrestling is fine.

This was ....

Intentional, forceful, head high contact off the ball.

What happens if you strike someone in the head whilst in a wrestle?

You would go. Why? Because it's intentional, forceful, head high contact off the ball.

A wrestle is a scrap where no other rules are broken. In this instance, it's absolutely clear that the AFL's most precious rule was broken.

Remember when J. Brown got weeks for putting Blake in a headlock?
So what happens if a FB and FF are pushing and shoving before a bounce and one of them pushes someone in the head. The umpire pays a free for head high contact but under your ridiculous scenario is would be head high contact, behind play and intentional and probably low impact. That is how stupid your argument is.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

"Already facing a rough play charge for a head-lock on St Kilda ruckman Jason Blake, Brown picked up an extra wrestling count for an incident involving the Saints' Brett Voss after the AFL's video review late on Monday. Voss also faces a charge over the incident."

This was even back in 2004 befpre the AFL were wetting themselves over head-high contact.

Under the new rules, Hall is in far more trouble than Brown was back then.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
So what happens if a FB and FF are pushing and shoving before a bounce and one of them pushes someone in the head. The umpire pays a free for head high contact but under your ridiculous scenario is would be head high contact, behind play and intentional and probably low impact. That is how stupid your argument is.
If it was intentional, and forceful, then he'd absolutely be in trouble.

Steven Baker got weeks for attempted jumper punch during a wrestle for god's sake.