Stanley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Stanley

Do you think he did enough?
I thought he presented well especially early on. I would like to see him next week.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stanley

clarky449 wrote:Do you think he did enough?
I thought he presented well especially early on. I would like to see him next week.
He gets at least one more game. Not sure about Heyney though. Hopefully.

jimbob
Club Player

he went great for first game also was away game

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

He needs to play more games to develop at this level...keep him in...everything else Ross and co tried has failed so they should stick with Stanley and Heyne.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
wraiyth
Club Player

Had a big role to play, didn't do great but can't expect him to in his first game. But he wasn't up against a great defense.

claystreet
Club Player

Would like to see him play a few more and get his rythm.
but he did ok and i was glad to see him out there getting a run.

Steven for Heyne

8-)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Did better than Dawson and Heyne, both who should be dropped.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Would like him to be ALOT more physical. There was an instance in the 1st quarter where he could have crunched a tackle on a WC defender but instead almost cuddled him. The WC player effortlessly raised his arms and got the handpass away. He needs to use his assets, his pace and his athletisism. Will probably get another week b/c we have no-one else to play there and it assists our structure, and we won, however I would like to see him push to be involved more and attack the contests.

Hopefully he will only improve from here.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Like both his and Heyne's pressure.

Lack of better alternatives means they both probably should get the next couple of games at least.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Did better than Dawson and Heyne, both who should be dropped.
How many goals did Dawson's opponent kick???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Did better than Dawson and Heyne, both who should be dropped.
fair point, my bad.

Keep Zac then.

SaintTom
Club Player

At least one goal I think came almost directly as a result of his efforts. Strong lead around 50, created a target and caused the spillage, Peake got the crumbs and hit Milne on the chest. Having an extra target up forward is good, definitely hope to see him next week. I can't really think of a change I'd make for next week actually.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Who was his opponent? I don't think he had one.

Everyone should be happy now that Rhys has played his first game. He will probably get another chance next week.
As I've said before Rhys will be a great player, but don't expect miracles this year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I think he did well. Got into the game, but dropped a couple during the first.

It was his first game - Need to remember players like Riewoldt's first game.... On par maybe?

He looks good, and has pace - he will be exceptional once fully developed!

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

He also took a mark and handballed to Dal for a goal.
And was rewarded a free kick in front of goal but Milney played on for a goal.
Did enough, was good to see.

felixleo
Club Player

Next two games should be perfect to keep him in.

Are you gonna be the one?
Statsman
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:He also took a mark and handballed to Dal for a goal.
That was a lovely play. Quick off the blocks on the lead, good hands for the mark and presense of mind to give the handball off to Dal.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I was thrilled with his first game, he will get better and better.

We shouldn't expect the coming of the new messiah every time someone makes a debut for us. He will be a great player for us but it will take time.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
battye
Saintsational Legend

I thought he had a good start today, probably played to the level that most people thought he would. If he'd been able to snare a goal, it would have been great - but he provided another option up forward and I liked his game.

Was unlucky in the opening minutes, could have got a goal there but unaware of how the wind was going to affect his kick.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Banger724
Club Player

Did enough for his first game. Agreed, that he missed a couple of grabs early on but the fact that he was presenting and continued to present for 4 quarters was an improvement on what we've had across half forward in the last month. Have to remember that it will take 2-3 games to adapt to the pace of this level from VFL (it takes a game or two in country footy from reserves to A-grade, same applies at the top level) so hopefully given a run for the next 2 weeks at least to find his feet.

saintharvs
Club Player

For his first game I thought Rhys did very well. He presented himself well and even though he fumbled a few early he provided another option up forward in the absence of Roo. More importantly it was his inclusion that enabled the backline to keep the structure which it has been use to before Roo got injured. Should definately get another go.

battye
Saintsational Legend

saintharvs wrote:For his first game I thought Rhys did very well. He presented himself well and even though he fumbled a few early he provided another option up forward in the absence of Roo. More importantly it was his inclusion that enabled the backline to keep the structure which it has been use to before Roo got injured. Should definately get another go.
Agreed. Besides a few minutes where Dawson went forward, our backline remained in the backline - it was good to see.

I sure hope he keeps his place next week. I'd love to see him take some marks inside 50 and have a few shots at goal.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
The Sainter
Club Player

Surely must play again next week plus also Heyne. God they have only had 3 games between them so far and that was a nice mark Heyne took in the last quarter. Big Mac played his best game today. We have to keep getting games into them for our future. Even though Heyne did not have big stats he seems to have lots of ability and will improve like Stanley with each game they get.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
saintharvs wrote:For his first game I thought Rhys did very well. He presented himself well and even though he fumbled a few early he provided another option up forward in the absence of Roo. More importantly it was his inclusion that enabled the backline to keep the structure which it has been use to before Roo got injured. Should definately get another go.
Agreed. Besides a few minutes where Dawson went forward, our backline remained in the backline - it was good to see.

I sure hope he keeps his place next week. I'd love to see him take some marks inside 50 and have a few shots at goal.
Agree, good to see the backline stable. Stanley will benefit from a few more games, as will Heyne.

I love this club
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The only thing that let him down was kicking for goal, but he gets another game, and he looks exciting, also have to mention that this had to be Benny Mac's best game to date.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.