Play Dempster,J Smith or Walsh as key forward targets!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Play Dempster,J Smith or Walsh as key forward targets!

We need to play these guys in the 2s as key forwards like CHF or FF and tom Lynch is not a CHF he is more suited to FF or have him play in the Pocket and lead up with Saunter at FF.

If anything has taught us over the last 6 weeks is that we need to develop more key forwards and he have guys with size in the 2s who have experience and size Dempster 192,J Smith 191 Walsh 194 with roo at 193 they compare well with him.

There is allso Paul Cahill at 193 who if he gets right with injury is a very verstile CHF and Gaertner at 199 in FB we have some size but they need to be played there a bit to get confidence.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Did you used to post under another name?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham board.

.....Or

Rehab board.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Your right when you say we have to develop some talls..it's questionable how many we have that can be developed into quality players.......

The saints seem to be good at recruiting injury prone tall prospects......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Zippy
Club Player

Don't play Dempster forward.

If none of us could find out where dempster was for weeks, a midfielder under pressure will never be able to find him.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
saint58
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Did you used to post under another name?
Yes not for long though why do you ask??

saint58
Club Player

Zippy wrote:Don't play Dempster forward.

If none of us could find out where dempster was for weeks, a midfielder under pressure will never be able to find him.
Very good line i like it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

None are forwards. Toomy may, have some potential but let him at least learn the game down back.

J.Smith is a HBF or onball, would be a waste up forward. Dempster just is not a forward

Next thread will be play Riewoldt, Milne and Schneider in the backline.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Did you used to post under another name?
Yes not for long though why do you ask??
Your posts reminded me of someone else from a while ago.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Next thread will be play Riewoldt, Milne and Schneider in the backline.
another great line from our resident court jester....

i luv laughter...keep up the good work.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Next thread will be play Riewoldt, Milne and Schneider in the backline.
another great line from our resident court jester....

i luv laughter...keep up the good work.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes BM, sometimes i cant get over my own awesomeness :wink:

My best work this year was in the Armo thread, but the bastard mods deleted it :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It is only my observation however I believe that while Nick Sauntner has been great for the Sandringham Football Club, his presence at FF has been detrimental to the development of our young forwards.

It is an unfortunate, but understandable, consequence of the joint venture between the clubs.

Having said that, hopefully Stanley will continue to develop (with the Saints :D ) along with Lynch and Walsh (when eventually moved forward)

Zippy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Next thread will be play Riewoldt, Milne and Schneider in the backline.
I remember a strong "move Reiwoldt to CHB" movement in 05/06. Don't spark it again.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:It is only my observation however I believe that while Nick Sauntner has been great for the Sandringham Football Club, his presence at FF has been detrimental to the development of our young forwards.

It is an unfortunate, but understandable, consequence of the joint venture between the clubs.

Having said that, hopefully Stanley will continue to develop (with the Saints :D ) along with Lynch and Walsh (when eventually moved forward)
Melbourne supporters moaned for years about that very thing.

claystreet
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:It is only my observation however I believe that while Nick Sauntner has been great for the Sandringham Football Club, his presence at FF has been detrimental to the development of our young forwards.

As i was driving past Sandy with my wife last Sunday i commented as to why we cant have a 2's like the good old days so all the boys get a run and learn their positions without the restrictions of the Sandy boys getting in their way. No chance to develope the kids in this scenario.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

As i was driving past Sandy with my wife last Sunday i commented as to why we cant have a 2's like the good old days so all the boys get a run and learn their positions without the restrictions of the Sandy boys getting in their way. No chance to develope the kids in this scenario.
There's a suggestion it's being looked at (Cats & Pies have Reserve sides in the VFL)

Remains to be seen whether it eventuates though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

We have 14 playing tomorrow. We have our coach. We get a pretty good run with who we ant to play and where we want to play.

claystreet
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
claystreet wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

We have 14 playing tomorrow. We have our coach. We get a pretty good run with who we ant to play and where we want to play.
I would still rather see 22 on the park plugger, i think the cost to run a magoos is being touted at around $250k. I would still like to watch them all 22 rather than some. I also thought there was a restriction of 12 or is this only against sides not fielding AFL players?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
claystreet wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

I believe that is the case plugger; more so than we had with the Scorps.

I was simply making the point that Sauntner, at VFL level, is a gun and that the Sandy players in particular play through him a lot. As I said this is totally understandable, but IMO there is a downside and that downside is the possibility of inhibiting the development of our young forwards.

It's unfortunate, but I'm certainly not blaming Sandy.

Nattens
Club Player

Whos Dempster?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Why do so many refuse to recall our first game vs the Dogs at Etihad last year? That's the game when Dempster played as the hit up forward, kicked 2 and played a role that took pressure off Rooey. It looked viable.

In the GF it didn't work out. It happens. But, by crikey, there's been a shirtload of vitriol about a fella that's proven to be a useful performer for his former club (premiership medallion) and has played roles for us that suggest he's of value.

Tassie last year, lots of top liners rested. Dempster gets the gig running with Luke Hodge. Towels him. Recognition? Minimal.

Has played forward, mid, back, key possie, wider, up, back, high, deep....everywhere. Got back quick from a reco, paid the price and knockers spanked their own in celebration.

I hope he gets back to full power for us. He's got credits, tries hard and wears the jumper with effort.

Crack on, Sean, you've got a place.

Disclaimer. I was drinking excessive amounts of beer with his second cousin this evening.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Saint Mik
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
Disclaimer. I was drinking excessive amounts of beer with his second cousin this evening.
Did you ask if he / she had seen him this year by any chance :shock:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

They're distant, so, no, he hasn't seen him. My drinking buddy is the son of the cousin of Graeme.

I keep ribbing him by telling him the only reason I drink with him is because his name is Fraser, as opposed to Dempster. And, he's a TAFE teacher. How low? And he follows the Tigs.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Saint Mik
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
I hope he gets back to full power for us. He's got credits, tries hard and wears the jumper with effort.

Crack on, Sean, you've got a place.
If by chance you kow this place can you pass the address onto Ross so he can track him down and get him back into contention of playing for us again :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

As I understand it, Mik, if ya whack the telly on the ABC in about 11 hours you'll see him playing.