UPDATE on signing of 40,000th member

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

UPDATE on signing of 40,000th member

My information is that the club will announce through the media that St Kilda Football Club has reached the outstanding figure of 40,000 members when we get there.

I am assured that the football world will know about our great achievement and the club will use several forms of media to announce it instead of signing the 40,000th member on The Footy Show.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Wed 02 Jun 2010 2:26pm, edited 2 times in total.

shmic_s
Club Player

Great idea Milan! Love it.

Saints43
Club Player

Good idea. But why are people still buying memberships this week? I have been watching the membership creep up over the past few weeks and can't understand why...

super dooper
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:Good idea. But why are people still buying memberships this week? I have been watching the membership creep up over the past few weeks and can't understand why...
Perhaps finals ticket priorities? Only reason i can think of.

Personally i dont really understand it unless it is those stupid 3 game memberships that give a misrepresentation of the number of members a club has...

I wonder how many "3 game memberships" stkfc have sold

shmic_s
Club Player

super dooper wrote:
Saints43 wrote:Good idea. But why are people still buying memberships this week? I have been watching the membership creep up over the past few weeks and can't understand why...
Perhaps finals ticket priorities? Only reason i can think of.

Personally i dont really understand it unless it is those stupid 3 game memberships that give a misrepresentation of the number of members a club has...

I wonder how many "3 game memberships" stkfc have sold
SaintBrat had it listed on the membership sticky thread. Go to the last page.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Excellent idea!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
tgf
Club Player

i can only give the reason why i buy my membership late (i do not want to answer on behalf of everyone else) and the reason is purely financial..With 2 young boys and the sport they play the only games we can get to is on saturday or sunday afternoons because of that we only go to about 3 games per year..so i always buy the boys and my membership late.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

tgf wrote:i can only give the reason why i buy my membership late (i do not want to answer on behalf of everyone else) and the reason is purely financial..With 2 young boys and the sport they play the only games we can get to is on saturday or sunday afternoons because of that we only go to about 3 games per year..so i always buy the boys and my membership late.
Have you bought them yet? You may be lucky enough to buy membership No. 40,000

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Batnoe
Club Player

9 away

Carn Saints
Griggsy
SS Life Member

not gonna last till then is it. Nice idea though.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

how do you know how many are left?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Batnoe
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:how do you know how many are left?

i just had a made tell me he signed his daughter up as a child... they told him 9 to go, unless it was a mis typed number and was supposed to be 90?

Carn Saints
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:how do you know how many are left?

i just had a made tell me he signed his daughter up as a child... they told him 9 to go, unless it was a mis typed number and was supposed to be 90?
I guess how ever and when ever it happens, it's still a great achievement.

shmic_s
Club Player

No reason why they still couldn't present something to the 40,000 member.
Member gets his/her mug on telly, Saints get some promotion, and We get even more members on board!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:No reason why they still couldn't present something to the 40,000 member.
Member gets his/her mug on telly, Saints get some promotion, and We get even more members on board!
Yep, agree.

It should be a big song and dance.

.....important that the club speaks to the Footy Show to get extra PR mileage out of that also!

miskycat
Club Player

The question/ issue is not about the membership total.

Rather, it is why on earth anyone would care about the Footy Show? 'I'm amazed people still watch it! What a woofer.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

miskycat wrote:The question/ issue is not about the membership total.

Rather, it is why on earth anyone would care about the Footy Show? 'I'm amazed people still watch it! What a woofer.
Hasn't been the same since Eddie left.

Footy variety TV is terrible, The Bounce, Footy Show and Before the Game are all woeful.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

miskycat wrote:The question/ issue is not about the membership total.

The fact is that The Footy Show is still the highest rating AFL show in Australia.

The point is that it would be good publicity for the club if we publicised our record membership on the highest rating AFL show in the country.

Marketing...miskycat.

Not reviewing the show but speaking from a marketing aspect.

dcstkfc.....disappointed you got distracted from the issue of the thread....moderator. You're normally on the ball.

miskycat, your opinion and my opinion of the show is irrelevant to this thread. From a media buying point of view it would be good publicity for the club and the majority of the posters on this thread agree.

Happy to discuss the quality of football shows on another thread, and see your 3rd post miskycat. Start your own thread on the General Forum and you can bag the Footy Show as much as you want but on this thread, keep to the topic.

tgf
Club Player

just got off the phone renewing the familys membership..one of us is number 39950..so fifty to go to get the 40000

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Hey Milan !!

Any responses yet ? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

tgf wrote:just got off the phone renewing the familys membership..one of us is number 39950..so fifty to go to get the 40000
Well done for renewing, tgf, and thx for the good info. Means that we might be able to sign up the 40,000th member on the show still if the club's marketing is doing the work with Ch 9. Even as someone else suggested we can publicise or introduce the 40,000th member on the show, it would still be good publicity for the club.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Hey Milan !!

Any responses yet ? !!
Nothing.

Thought the club might have taken it up since I posted it on the Facebook page too.

Is there anyone I can directly email at the club?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

Any responses yet ? !!
Nothing.

Thought the club might have taken it up since I posted it on the Facebook page too.

Try Ben Hall benh@saints.com.au !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Any responses yet ? !!
Nothing.

Try Ben Hall benh@saints.com.au !!
Thanks Eastern, I'll give it a try.

Update: I have emailed him.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The club will announce through the media that we have achieved the 40,000 membership mark when it happens.

It won't be through the suggestion of signing that member on The Footy Show but I have been assured that there will heavy media coverage about the great achievement.