The new whipping boy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The new whipping boy?

Raph is gone for a couple of weeks at least and Zac is not yet cleared to play who are our fans going to blame now we have no liabilities? After reading posts about these guys I assume we will be a water tight defense.

I guess Geelong are really going to struggle to kick a winning score with Zac and Raph gone. I guess Geary is being groomed for a role as a poor disposer and Eddy looks an easy target. maybe Mini and Peake could be the new targets if we go down to Geelong. Any ideas of someone we can go after? We need someone to take our wrath.

noob
Club Player

Lol funny you say that most people here would say last game's was our best effort all year.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: The new whipping boy?

gringo wrote:Raph is gone for a couple of weeks at least and Zac is not yet cleared to play who are our fans going to blame now we have no liabilities? After reading posts about these guys I assume we will be a water tight defense.

I guess Geelong are really going to struggle to kick a winning score with Zac and Raph gone. I guess Geary is being groomed for a role as a poor disposer and Eddy looks an easy target. maybe Mini and Peake could be the new targets if we go down to Geelong. Any ideas of someone we can go after? We need someone to take our wrath.
I think this is not something that can be easily determined and it will require a great deal of critical analysis once the game has been completed.

Once that is done the answer should become clear to everyone:

The guy who plays on the Geelong guy who kicks the most goals, or kicks the winning goal. :wink:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: The new whipping boy?

Dr Spaceman wrote:
gringo wrote:Raph is gone for a couple of weeks at least and Zac is not yet cleared to play who are our fans going to blame now we have no liabilities? After reading posts about these guys I assume we will be a water tight defense.

I think this is not something that can be easily determined and it will require a great deal of critical analysis once the game has been completed.

Once that is done the answer should become clear to everyone:

The guy who plays on the Geelong guy who kicks the most goals, or kicks the winning goal. :wink:
Should we start a poll?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Middo
Club Player

Guessing Kosi again ???? :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Saintsfan
Club Player

Our backline looks great without the uselessness of Dawson.

The Saintsfan Cometh
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Eddy is already a firm favourite for the role, in the absence of Raph and Zac.

IMO just as undeservedly.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Whipping boys are that for a reason......funny phrase IMO...

how about 'contstantly critisised for continually f***ing up boys'

Seriously are we that upset about the notion some professional sportsman are bagged by supporters for poor performances...they are big boys with big pay cheques, who worry more about the wrath of the coach than supporters.....people here carry on as if we accuse them of rape, murder or paedophilla....and defend their honour...ffs

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Eddy is already a firm favourite for the role, in the absence of Raph and Zac.

IMO just as undeservedly.
Well Lock It In has improved and doesn't deserve it at the moment, but he was shyte a few weeks ago and was lucky to get a gig.

But good on him, he made the most of it and probably deserves his spot now.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

:twisted: Warning any one having a crack at Geary or Eddy will get the wrath of my tongue. Give the guys a chance please.

Now my new whipping boy is McEvoy, not doing much in my book. Ohhh, I can hear the howls already............... :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Whipping boys are like SO yesterday...

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Mine is James Kelly.

Hope he has a good sleep when they don't sing their club song in two weeks. :wink:

saint tezza
Club Player

I agree with BigMart here .

Whipping boys is a silly phrase.

Supporters arent whipping them . Just their take on the players performance.

Watched the replay again and thought it was one of the better Stkilda performances for a long while.

Clearly dominated general play and should have won by a fair bit larger margin.

Gilbert turned over the ball quite a few times but his attack on the ball and setting up off the hb flank more than made up for a few turnovers.

Raph looked clean and sure early until he went off which was a shame.

The only thing I would critique is who was on Ballantyne. I dont know if it was Bakes but if it was well then he needs to do better because he offers not much offensively so if Ballantyne was his opponent he needs to be better defensively than the weekend. I am just surmising that Bakes was his opponent because a lot of the time Ballantyne seemed allowed to run free.

Apart from him I thought the backline clearly had the strangle on the dockers.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

There are some players that are bagged by our supporters and seem to cop it really early in their careers. Others establish them selves and seem to deflect criticism due to good performance occasionally. I

t comes down to the perception the supporters have of the players. Some can look awkward and cop it like CJ others do difficult jobs and are harshly marked IMO like Gram. Troy Schwartz was one that looked like he could develop but never made it. He still took his career as a footballer a lot further than most. Who knows if his performance suffered from his heckling.

I still remember a couple of years ago Roo got hammered all the time on here for his conversion. He really established himself last year and now is a favorite. Robert Harvey was considered god like by supporters and as brilliant as he was, he had deficiencies in his game but we over looked them. I just think we should give players at least 50 games before we judge them on their performance.

Most on here wanted young guys to be played for development but then we get frustrated when they don't establish themselves immediately. When I was 18 to 21 if I had been hammered constantly about my work performance I would have walked.

BallBanger
Club Player

What were Harves deficiencies ??
I don't mean the last couple of years but between 1990 and when he had a reco around the age of 30.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Why don't we all vote for a "Whipping Boy/Girl" from amongst ourselves? A couple of names spring readily to mind;

joffaboy

The Jiggingsaint

RogerWA

BigRed

Any others? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:There are some players that are bagged by our supporters and seem to cop it really early in their careers. Others establish them selves and seem to deflect criticism due to good performance occasionally. I

t comes down to the perception the supporters have of the players. Some can look awkward and cop it like CJ others do difficult jobs and are harshly marked IMO like Gram. Troy Schwartz was one that looked like he could develop but never made it. He still took his career as a footballer a lot further than most. Who knows if his performance suffered from his heckling.

I still remember a couple of years ago Roo got hammered all the time on here for his conversion. He really established himself last year and now is a favorite. Robert Harvey was considered god like by supporters and as brilliant as he was, he had deficiencies in his game but we over looked them. I just think we should give players at least 50 games before we judge them on their performance.

Most on here wanted young guys to be played for development but then we get frustrated when they don't establish themselves immediately. When I was 18 to 21 if I had been hammered constantly about my work performance I would have walked.
I still remember Paul Temay playing his first game back in 1980.

In those days people used to hang signs on the fence. Over on the far side wing at Moorabbin was a big sign saying "Paul Temay can't play".

I believe it may have been a few of his mates having a bit of fun but nonetheless this topic made me recall that moment in time (I must admit I had a laugh at Paul's expense :D )

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Why don't we all vote for a "Whipping Boy/Girl" from amongst ourselves? A couple of names spring readily to mind;

joffaboy

The Jiggingsaint

RogerWA

BigRed

Any others? !!
Absolute sacriledge to suggest the Jigster in that list. :x

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Why don't we all vote for a "Whipping Boy/Girl" from amongst ourselves? A couple of names spring readily to mind;

joffaboy

The Jiggingsaint

RogerWA

BigRed

Any others? !!
what about plugger :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Plugger for sure.

And what makes me fkn qualify for the list?

:lol:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We should leave it open for volunteers, some posters on here actually seem to enjoy being the source of people's anger and frustration. :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

joffaboy

Grumpy One

RogerWA

BigRed

Any others? !!
Fixed. :D

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Yeah Plugger for sure.

And what makes me fkn qualify for the list?
:lol:
Short arms? Long pockets? Would you like me to continue :roll: :wink: ? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

joffaboy

The Jiggingsaint

RogerWA

BigRed

Any others? !!
Fair weather supporter :wink: :wink:

When we're winning he's jigging :lol: :lol:

When we're losing he's got a crook knee :roll: :roll: :wink:

Bugga, I just remembered. I owe him a beer !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

joffaboy

Grumpy One

RogerWA

BigRed

Any others? !!
Fixed. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: