Were you sitting in M13 Row R last night??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Were you sitting in M13 Row R last night??

..say about seats 3 & 4 ??

if so, why the HELL was your passionate Geelong mate with you in the St Kilda reserved seat area????

Some people's lack of respect for their fellow supporters just astounds me sometimes. Just because we transfered our reserved seats to the G for hte night, doesnt mean you can flount the rules and bring whoever you like. The Club clearly states that reserved seats are non-transferable, so theres no way an opposition fan should have been in with us (and there was more than one too).

No theres nothing wrong with sitting with opposition fans, but there are ways and means to do that. Reserve a seat thru Ticketek, rock up early into the GA areas, but to just show no respect for your fellow Saints fan sitting around you by just bringing your oppositon mate is just wrong IMO

Yes I know, people lend their seats to other Saints fans too, but I'd imagine they do it in the knowledge that if that person is asked for ID, they will have to move on...plus its far more respectful to the others sitting around you.

You got lucky Mr M13 Row R. Cos of the rain there was just the two of you pretty isolated, but had it been a mild night, some other Saints fan unknown to you, who pays good money each year to sit with fellow tragics, could have copped your loud Cat-loving mate instead.

Poor effort IMO..and if that had been an Etihad home game, Id have no hesitation in ringing the Club and dobbing you in. Youre lucky though, cos I dont think they'd be able to trace your booking back through the Ticketek sysetem

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Well said saint66au. There is a reason why people pay for reserved seats. :roll:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Hey I had supporters with their Geelong mate in premium seat at the Grand Final last year, which meant a St.Kilda member missed out on a ticket.
Make it worse they we're in row b bottom deck Northern Stand.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
ace
Saintsational Legend

There was no Saints supporter involved.
People who are close enough to a Geelong fan to bring them to a Saints game are clearly not Saints supporters.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saint vince
Club Player

I have a reserved seat at Etihad and the lady who sits behind me and is a reserved seat member of the saints is a mad Geelong supporter but her and her best friend go to St.Kilda and Geelong games.

Maybe just maybe he is a member.

sainta
Club Player

I have a reserved seat and was in a bay that had a big group of Cats fans in it and some scattered here and there. Not everyone would take up their reserved seat option so there are empty seats to be sold. So not necessarily some Saints supporter giving away their ticket.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

sainta wrote:I have a reserved seat and was in a bay that had a big group of Cats fans in it and some scattered here and there. Not everyone would take up their reserved seat option so there are empty seats to be sold. So not necessarily some Saints supporter giving away their ticket.
Point taken but I was 3 rows behind these two guys, so if Row U was sold to Saints seat holders you'd think that Row R in front of us would have been too

There were reports of a guy in a Geelong CS jacket sitting down in one of the front rows in our bay too..but didnt see him myself.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

he was wearing Red White and Black Jacket :?

but didn't quite blend in when he stood and cheered Cats goals

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Were you sitting in M13 Row R last night??

saint66au wrote:..say about seats 3 & 4 ??

if so, why the HELL was your passionate Geelong mate with you in the St Kilda reserved seat area????

Some people's lack of respect for their fellow supporters just astounds me sometimes. Just because we transfered our reserved seats to the G for hte night, doesnt mean you can flount the rules and bring whoever you like. The Club clearly states that reserved seats are non-transferable, so theres no way an opposition fan should have been in with us (and there was more than one too).

No theres nothing wrong with sitting with opposition fans, but there are ways and means to do that. Reserve a seat thru Ticketek, rock up early into the GA areas, but to just show no respect for your fellow Saints fan sitting around you by just bringing your oppositon mate is just wrong IMO

Yes I know, people lend their seats to other Saints fans too, but I'd imagine they do it in the knowledge that if that person is asked for ID, they will have to move on...plus its far more respectful to the others sitting around you.

You got lucky Mr M13 Row R. Cos of the rain there was just the two of you pretty isolated, but had it been a mild night, some other Saints fan unknown to you, who pays good money each year to sit with fellow tragics, could have copped your loud Cat-loving mate instead.

Poor effort IMO..and if that had been an Etihad home game, Id have no hesitation in ringing the Club and dobbing you in. Youre lucky though, cos I dont think they'd be able to trace your booking back through the Ticketek sysetem
I hear what you're saying Michael but... some saints supporters are worse, I had a lady in her 50's or 60's told my son to sit down when he stood up to cheer Schneids goal through in the 3rd qtr, when my son told her that he was just excited and it is the footy he was told that "ho should go and watch the soccer then you wog!!!)
What a disgrace!!!

SaintDebi
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:

I hear what you're saying Michael but... some saints supporters are worse, I had a lady in her 50's or 60's told my son to sit down when he stood up to cheer Schneids goal through in the 3rd qtr, when my son told her that he was just excited and it is the footy he was told that "ho should go and watch the soccer then you wog!!!)
What a disgrace!!!
Disgraceful! That sort of supporter we don't need.
How old is your son? I hope he wasnot too disheartened and that he continued to stand and cheer throughout the game.

With excitement I tend to jump out of my seat and cheer too: I just DARE the dragon to tell me to sit down. As for the "wog" comment someone needs to wash her mouth out: with a fist!

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:he was wearing Red White and Black Jacket :?

but didn't quite blend in when he stood and cheered Cats goals
Like Julia Gillard supporting Kevin Rudd.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:

What a disgrace!!!
crikey
what a racist old cow
no need for that shite....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

chill out pple ffs.....my best mate is a melbourne supporter...his missus is a dyed in the wool hawk...they have reserved seats for both teams and go together.......its a flowering free country last time i looked.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

I disagree with most of this thread, to me if you buy a reserve seat you should be able to let whoever you want use it if you cant go.

Sitting amongst supporters of both teams adds to the atmosphere IMO.

One of the great things about our game and our country is our ability to be on opposing sides but treat each other with respect and to leave what yhappens at the game, at the game.

97 prelim I had a long on going verbal with a Nth supporter in the next row, at the end of the game he made his way over and shook my hand and wished us well for the GF.

Maybe this year?
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Rexy, people usually buy reserve seats so that they don't have to sit with opposition supporters. Plenty of areas still available for supporters of both sides to mingle.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:I disagree with most of this thread, to me if you buy a reserve seat you should be able to let whoever you want use it if you cant go.

the club recently reiterated the Terms and Condition of membership and reserved seating.
you are in danger of Losing your memberhsip if it is found you have let other people use it..

similiar to concession holders now being asked on entry to the game for evidence-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
rexy
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
rexy wrote:I disagree with most of this thread, to me if you buy a reserve seat you should be able to let whoever you want use it if you cant go.

the club recently reiterated the Terms and Condition of membership and reserved seating.
you are in danger of Losing your memberhsip if it is found you have let other people use it..

similiar to concession holders now being asked on entry to the game for evidence-
Understand all that, just disagree is all.

Maybe this year?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Understand all that, just disagree is all.
as long as you understand the risk and understand if it happens.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I was near that as well, he annoyed me too, but the principle of bringing someone in is OK as long as they don't bag St Kilda players, goad supporters around them or barrack overly hard.

When your normal companions can't come, sometimes its nice to bring a mate that follows the opposition....as long as they behave...

I know its against the rules, which is fair enough...

This bloke standing up the way he did, especially early on, set a bad tone for me....

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I'd say toughen up.

How shocking it must be to have to sit near someone who supports the opposition! And the gall of him to cheer his side on!!

That's what is wonderful about our game. The moment you start having to segregate supporters like the EPL in England, is the moment the game dies.

Regarding the reserved seat issue, unsold reserved seats are sold on before the game. I would imagine that has happened in this case.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

At least he must have had a good night! :D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:At least he must have had a good night! :D
Exactly. It's part of the fun of football, although the bloke you described using the 'rapist' word was over the top.

But good natured fun in the outer between supporters and you send them off after a win, is what makes our game great.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I'd say toughen up.

How shocking it must be to have to sit near someone who supports the opposition! And the gall of him to cheer his side on!!

That's what is wonderful about our game. The moment you start having to segregate supporters like the EPL in England, is the moment the game dies.

Regarding the reserved seat issue, unsold reserved seats are sold on before the game. I would imagine that has happened in this case.
He sat with with a Saints member, definitely a members ticket.
The EPL is hardly dead by the way.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I'd say toughen up.

He sat with with a Saints member, definitely a members ticket.
The EPL is hardly dead by the way.
No I didn't mean the EPL is dead. But it does lose something when it is all segregated due to threats of violence and riots. We never want to get to that state of affairs.

saintnick12
Club Player

2 of our party of 4 decided not to come due to the weather. However, my son and I went on our own. Our seats were under cover in M4 in the social club area. When we arrived in our seats there were a couple sitting in two of them. They immediately moved, however, I told them they could sit there as the seats weren't going to be used. They had seats in the same bay but out in the rain. I jokingly said to her "Are you saints fan's. The girl was, but the guy wasn't, but she assured me he would be barracking for us for the night, which he did"

When i found myself with the two spare tickets, I thought about inviting my brother who is a Geelong supporter. However, I thought better of it. I didn't trust him not cheer too loudly, and that is supposed to be the benefit of the social club...that its all saints. So I didn't. I was also going to ask a girlfriend who doesn't really support a team but has been wanting to come along to a few games this year. I would have took her if I'd have gotten onto her. She wouldn't have stood out as she would have barracked for us.

In the end, it was nice to let a saints couple have the seats and not have to sit out in the rain. They were very grateful and even offered to buy us a drink to say thanks for keeping them out of the rain. of course, i said no, there was no need for them to do that, but its nice that they were grateful. the seats weren't being used so I was more than happy for them to be used to keep someone else out of the rain.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.