Don't make same mistake I did, Roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Don't make same mistake I did, Roo

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... -zaz6.html
Richardson, who suffered a similar hamstring injury last year, urged the Saints to delay Riewoldt's comeback.

Richardson said he had felt fit to return after nine weeks on the sidelines, but re-injured himself in the opening minutes of his comeback in the VFL and did not play in the final four weeks of the season, prompting him to retire.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Richos injury was NOT the same as Rooey's and has been well documented that medical ppl had not seen an injury like Rooey's (until Gibson 2 days later) No-one really knows how he'll return - but he's had an extra month rest than Richo had when he did his injury.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Richos injury was NOT the same as Rooey's and has been well documented that medical ppl had not seen an injury like Rooey's (until Gibson 2 days later) No-one really knows how he'll return - but he's had an extra month rest than Richo had when he did his injury.
Our medical staff is pretty professional, so I expect they will err on the side of caution. Problem is that Rooey will be champing at the bit to play and what he wants carries significant weight at Moorabbin.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't make same mistake I did, Roo

Personally I would like to see Roo come back via the VFL. I would play him for about a half in round 15 for Sandi. Then I would brinh him back in round 16 against the filth. I would not bring him back any earlier than that.

I base this on opinion on all the experience I have in these matters....
:P

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

there is no way Rooey should come back through the VFL. That won't prove anything in fact might be detrimental as the skill level is a long way off. I reckon they should be conservative with his management

Another opportunity awaits!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Moods wrote:Richos injury was NOT the same as Rooey's and has been well documented that medical ppl had not seen an injury like Rooey's (until Gibson 2 days later) No-one really knows how he'll return - but he's had an extra month rest than Richo had when he did his injury.
Our medical staff is pretty professional, so I expect they will err on the side of caution. Problem is that Rooey will be champing at the bit to play and what he wants carries significant weight at Moorabbin.
Word is that he was champing at the bit to play on Friday Night after 1 week of full training. I have every faith in our medical and conditioning staff !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

wasaintsfan
Club Player

ive liked having roo out tbh.... its added a new dimension to our game style.. which allowed us to over run geelong on friday

when you have guys like

roo
gram
clarke
dawson
j smith(if he comes up by next year)
lovett ;) (even though hes gone all done and dusted he was on our list)
armitage
king
even dempster out til last night

it shows the amount of depth we have in the club and even when going in with same game plan it changes it up for a while

personally when he does come back id like ross to take it on and keep him outa the forward line for patches to keep us from going back to old tatics... that was our undoing last year in the gf...

even against the bulldogs although we won it was almost our undoing

hes a great player and a great forward... which is the problem... hes the easy option... not to meantion he gets rather upset when you dont go to him and we mess up:P