So If we cannot overturn the disgrace...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

So If we cannot overturn the disgrace...

Is Bakes an automatic selection for a final after 9 weeks off?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: So If we cannot overturn the disgrace...

Ross likes guys with a bit of match fitness, so that may be it for bakes.

However, thugs like Barry Hall are still allowed to go around. s*** they even get to play grand finals after smacking guys behind play.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: So If we cannot overturn the disgrace...

bigcarl wrote:Ross likes guys with a bit of match fitness, so that may be it for bakes.

However, thugs like Barry Hall are still allowed to go around. s*** they even get to play grand finals after smacking guys behind play.
If this happens it is a true tragedy in the football sense.

Bakes could be behind only Lenny (even in front of Roo) in deserving a flag.

I fear the same as Ross showed with Max that sentiment doesn't come into consideration when it comes to selection.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would bring him in for the grand final and instruct him to do it again but with one big king hit in Johnsons face this time. It is seen as a less aggressive act and we all want to follow the afl instructions.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

They were hinting on Sen that if we challenge and fail and appeal and fail it will go further ie court action

just hope we dont cop it and move on

Before Im 85
repta
Club Player

we better not cop it and move on.

This would not have happened to Collingwood, the outcry from Eddie would have the AFL bosses in hiding.

St Kilda must stand. They must be ablet o go in with a million other examples of similar incidents that were not reported at all.

There is an enormous difference between bankging a player in the hands of a trainer and one that is deemed fit enough to play. An inocuos tap to the hand is not worthy of reporting. If it is broken why was he playing?

AS for the tummy tap and fly swot on the chin .... if every player who does that gets 3 weeks, we better start expanding the team lists.

eppo67
Club Player

As I have posted on another thread I have this on very good authority it is GOING ALL THE WAY PEOPLE and I mean ALL THE WAY!!

There are elements very high up at the club regret they didn't take the 'Farmer Incident' further and they will NOT let this one slide through to the keeper. The club at the very highest level are very, very angry.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Actually I have no problem with SJ, but I would love to see him smash that smug look off Ablett the sooks face. :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I'd wager they've already cut a deal with the AFL.

Contest 2 of the charges and get off on them. But only contest 2 - not all 4.

The AFL 'get their man' with Bakes still copping 5 - and we don't take the AFL to court and embarrass them.

eppo67
Club Player

Thats is exactly what is happening Rogerfox but my mail is the Club is going a bit harder than 5 weeks. It will be 2 to 3.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

eppo67 wrote:Thats is exactly what is happening Rogerfox but my mail is the Club is going a bit harder than 5 weeks. It will be 2 to 3.
Isnt that impossible on the facts as they are?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:I'd wager they've already cut a deal with the AFL.

The AFL 'get their man' with Bakes still copping 5 - and we don't take the AFL to court and embarrass them.
+1

This would be considered a win/win for everyone in the eyes of the AFL. Bakes still cops 5, St Kilda has the sentence almost halved thus allowing Bakes to play prior to the finals and the AFL walk away with looking like they took a strong stance on 'taggers' so therefore appeasing family groups and the greater public as a whole.

It's all about the politics.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I'd wager they've already cut a deal with the AFL.

Yup... any illusion of impartiality and independence was well and truly dispelled when Hall got off.

AD makes the call, and they reverse engineer the justification.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

the last thing i want him to do is come back for a GF and absolutely crack someone senseless

itll taint the premiership and we'll never here the end of: if so and so wasnt carted off the ground on a stretcher we mighta won.

F*** that

35...LEGEND
Club Player

matrix wrote:the last thing i want him to do is come back for a GF and absolutely crack someone senseless

itll taint the premiership and we'll never here the end of: if so and so wasnt carted off the ground on a stretcher we mighta won.

F*** that
Why would he ??

Bakes never went any where near "cracking" anyone Fri night.

Just a bit of slap and giggle.............and that was sufficient to put "Stevie J " off his game abit.......

Well done Bakes I say.....

I hope and doubt Bakes would stoop to KO ing someone in the name of "stopping" them.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i never said he did

but maybe some other posters have alluded to the fact theyd like to see him come back for a gf and belt someone??

maybe thats why i said it?

8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i never said he did

but maybe some other posters have alluded to the fact theyd like to see him come back for a gf and belt someone??

8-)
I'd like to see him come back and comprehensively (spelling ?) beat Steve Johnson, which I am confident he can...

People forget the good things he does, like sliding across the ground to prevent a goal on Friday night...again 8-)

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
matrix wrote:i never said he did

8-)
I'd like to see him come back and comprehensively (spelling ?) beat Steve Johnson, which I am confident he can...

People forget the good things he does, like sliding across the ground to prevent a goal on Friday night...again 8-)

Steve Johnson is Baker's bitch.