Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Kosi

Hey fellow Sainters, i was thinking last night that maybe we should trade kosi for another player like John Anthony or a Jay Neagle etc, what do you think?..................

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The taking the piss thread.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:The taking the piss thread.
Mate im being serious what has Kosi done that Anthony or Neagle cant do?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi

Saints94 wrote:Hey fellow Sainters, i was thinking last night that maybe we should trade kosi for another player like John Anthony or a Jay Neagle etc, what do you think?..................
Have you actually watched either player lately. Both have been playing seconds for extended periods......

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

no

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints94
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
Saints94 wrote:Hey fellow Sainters, i was thinking last night that maybe we should trade kosi for another player like John Anthony or a Jay Neagle etc, what do you think?..................
Have you actually watched either player lately. Both have been playing seconds for extended periods......
as far as im concerned thats were Kosi is heading even maybe target the big Q, ill take anyone on the crossroads of their careers then to keep playing an unconfident player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
as far as im concerned thats were Kosi is heading even maybe target the big Q, ill take anyone on the crossroads of their careers then to keep playing an unconfident player.
Agreed Kosi is just about going as badly as them but that would be great trading for another poorly performed player. Should help team harmony. Kosi is now untradable so we may as well keep him till we delist him.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Agreed Kosi is just about going as badly as them but that would be great trading for another poorly performed player. Should help team harmony. Kosi is now untradable so we may as well keep him till we delist him.
Yeah great point i truly want RL to chuck him down back (Like Voss has done with Rich) and let him see how real forwards get it done.

saintlee
Club Player

RL has backed Kosi all the way this year. Highly doubt he would trade him....at the very least, I'd be waiting until the end of the year before I cast final judgement on him, form is fickle and he may end up finding it right in time for the finals.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:RL has backed Kosi all the way this year. Highly doubt he would trade him....at the very least, I'd be waiting until the end of the year before I cast final judgement on him, form is fickle and he may end up finding it right in time for the finals.
Trade won't come into it. He's uncontracted. He can just leave. Maybe go north. With Armo, every chance.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
CORDZ
Club Player

People - why talk trades when finals are closing - let's stick together for now and concentrate on this year's flag. If we win it, I'm happy to sign Kossie till he turns 43. :wink:

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

If we wanted a player who can't run, jump and looks like he just ate a team mate I would hope we would sign me before the uber spud Neagle!!
I will be happy to do it for half of what he gets paid.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Is Kosi AFL standard.......thats the real question

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I think you should read your own signature.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
I think you should read your own signature.
Loyalty in football is valuable but not everything. However given the respective form of the others mentioned I would feel that the dent to team morale if Kosi got traded and was replaced by one of those guys would simply deem any such trade a waste.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe I'm missing something Saints94, but what we do we gain out of a trade like you're suggesting ?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

It could be an interesting experiment to play Kosi in defence. I remember Fraser Gehrig played at full back from 2001 until around round ten or so of 2003, when moving to full forward. Whatever happens I'm prepared to back Ross Lyon in finding an answer to the current question mark over one of our best clubmen.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Harsh harsh harsh IMO
like I said in another thread
level whatever criticism at me you will but I am a believer that our game plan is not suited for the big fella... he's better 1:1 in space, ball kicked to his advantage.
We know his skills on the ground and around play ain't great but we continually kick it to him in packs. I think criticism of him is harsh... what can you realistically expect of him.
His one goal on the w/e came from fast ball movement, resulting in a 1 on one

On the w/e, the ball never went near him... not much he really could have done

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Harsh harsh harsh IMO
like I said in another thread
level whatever criticism at me you will but I am a believer that our game plan is not suited for the big fella... he's better 1:1 in space, ball kicked to his advantage.
We know his skills on the ground and around play ain't great but we continually kick it to him in packs. I think criticism of him is harsh... what can you realistically expect of him.
His one goal on the w/e came from fast ball movement, resulting in a 1 on one

On the w/e, the ball never went near him... not much he really could have done
To an extent I agree. But when he has been one on one in recent times he's been knocked off balance, been stuck behind or found some other way to bugger up his chances.

I hate criticising him. It makes me feel ill in fact. But the reality of his situation is weighing very heavily now. I just want him to click. What would it take? One screaming great grab? The feeling of clamming a three on one pack mark? Flushing a clutch goal from wide on 50? I just want it to happen!!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
FQF
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Yeah great point i truly want RL to chuck him down back (Like Voss has done with Rich) and let him see how real forwards get it done.

Rich has been put in defense to lose his tag, not to learn how a forward plays.

You cannot compare Kosi to Rich at all.

Rich is small, Kosi is big.

If Kosi were to go to defense he would play a defensive role. Rich is playing a rebounding role.

Ideally Rich plays in the midfield, not in the forward line.

A more apt comparison would be that of Tarrant's highly successful move to full back.
But even then, Tarrant is smaller and far more agile.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:It could be an interesting experiment to play Kosi in defence. I remember Fraser Gehrig played at full back from 2001 until around round ten or so of 2003, when moving to full forward. Whatever happens I'm prepared to back Ross Lyon in finding an answer to the current question mark over one of our best clubmen.
An interesting experiment you say. This bloke goes at the ball half hearted and has no second effort. How many goals do you want to leak?
He has no peripheral vision whatsoever. Do you want to kill him?

Kosi should be playing at Sandy for the remainder of his contract. Interesting that he's probably the only socalled star not to be resigned.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
fingers
Saintsational Legend

FFS what a thread :roll:

Medici Bromberg

Mark Maclure and Stan Alves have had a crack...

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/afl/1971 ... ne-maclure

Still miss the hot dogs at Moorabbin
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

I can't help but agree with much of what McClure says.

We keep waiting for Kosi to click but it's starting to look as if his best days are well and truly behind him.

It started some time ago with concerns about his lack of judgement, peripheral vision etc.

But now the problems have extended so that in a one-on-one situation he is out-muscled/out-positioned by every opponent; every single opponent. And if he does happen to pick the ball up off the ground when the situation demands it, there is a better than average chance that he will fire off a handpass to an opposition player.

I really hope he comes good. He's been a great player for this club.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Drop him to the VFL NOW.

Milne, Dal and Ball all had to do it, so why is Kosi immune? If Kosi finds it the notion so insulting that he's inclined to walk at seasons end, then so be it. Crunch time is looming.

That being said, I doubt it will happen. If he doesn't get sent to the reserves, then either play him in the defence or the ruck for a match. Personally, I think Kosi might be too slow and clumsy to be a defender, but at least give it a go. As for the full-time ruck gig, scapegoat in my view, don't think he's a good enough ruck to be there full-time. But again, worth giving a go.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.