Spare a thought ........ !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Spare a thought ........ !!

Please spare a thought for those who will be unable to get to the game next week.

There will many who went to their financial and/or ends to make it to yesterday's game and don't have the time and/or finances to get there this week. This DOES NOT make these people any less passionate than other SAINTS FANS and I hope the club puts something in place for these people (in Melbourne, at least).

There are also those who travelled from interstate and overseas for yesterday's game who can't afford the time or money to stay for another week.

TO THOSE SAINTS FANS WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE GF REPLAY, I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU, and I suspect many others do too !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Agreed, well put.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Spare a thought ........ !!

Eastern wrote:Please spare a thought for those who will be unable to get to the game next week.

There will many who went to their financial and/or ends to make it to yesterday's game and don't have the time and/or finances to get there this week. This DOES NOT make these people any less passionate than other SAINTS FANS and I hope the club puts something in place for these people (in Melbourne, at least).

There are also those who travelled from interstate and overseas for yesterday's game who can't afford the time or money to stay for another week.

TO THOSE SAINTS FANS WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE GF REPLAY, I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU, and I suspect many others do too !!
Well said Eastern. Hopefully many can scrape up the funds to go. It is such a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to go to both. One team is guaranteed a result this time round....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

well said eastern
it has pretty much now put us WELL into the red
we were only JUST in the red with the first GF

we'll be back on friday night again for a sat morning Corner meet up but finances, the look at the size of the queue to get into the pub afterwards, and basic mental exhaustion will stop us from hanging about after the game...no matter the result
we are drained

toohey31
Club Player

re spare a thought

hey guys

im spewin its me bucks day next sat and i had the whole day planned. oh well hope the saints can do it for me

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: re spare a thought

toohey31 wrote:hey guys

im spewin its me bucks day next sat and i had the whole day planned. oh well hope the saints can do it for me
Bucks party at the MCG..?? :lol: :lol:

Would certainly be original!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: re spare a thought

toohey31 wrote:hey guys

If any of your mates want to PM me, I'm sure I'll be able to get my hands on some purple meat dye that they can put to good use :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

tanneal.riewoldt12

Yeah im devastated! im from w.a and its going to cost me heaps to change flights im soo peeved there was no result yesterday. first time to a melbourne game this year and i pay heaps of money. this will be my last year as social club anyway i have 2 social club members barcodes if anyone wants

matrix
Saintsational Legend

tanneal.riewoldt12 wrote:Yeah im devastated! im from w.a and its going to cost me heaps to change flights im soo peeved there was no result yesterday. first time to a melbourne game this year and i pay heaps of money. this will be my last year as social club anyway i have 2 social club members barcodes if anyone wants
pm sent!

toohey31
Club Player

spare a thought

yeh that would be really awesome to have ya bucks day at the g but 20 tickets to g.f dont think it would happen. ganna b good day

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I've organised the sale of Theatre tickets :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
tanneal.riewoldt12 wrote:Yeah im devastated! im from w.a and its going to cost me heaps to change flights im soo peeved there was no result yesterday. first time to a melbourne game this year and i pay heaps of money. this will be my last year as social club anyway i have 2 social club members barcodes if anyone wants
pm sent!
check ya pms before ya log off :P

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Planned this in late august. Booked the flight hoping the saints would make the grand final. Well they made it ,had time off work all planned with the boss.

My second game of the year is a grand final! Live in Sydney, went to the first game against the swans.

I swear we had it won when goddard marked and goaled.

Won't be there this Saturday. Gee hopeful its live on tv in sydney,

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
saintnick12
Club Player

My son is booked in for surgery this Tuesday. We chose that date especially as in the school holidays but after the GF.
Luckily he should be right by Saturday. He will back up he says :wink:

My problem was I do all the ticket buying for our family, but I don't have enough space on my credit card to do the ticket buying first thing tomorrow and my credit card is a different bank to the rest of my banking so no way I an sort it out before 9am. So am going to set up ticketek account in mum's name and do it that way. Stupid, cos I have the money, just not on the credit card. What a pain.

We are lucky enough that we will get there again. I really feel for those that won't, especially those who spent so much money coming this time.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Agreed and nice sentiment Eastern.

Man, my credit card is looking "limp" enough, now have to back up with a possible $500 for my son and I, but a potential $2k off it for the group of 8 of us.

While those funds go back in pretty quick from the others, it still hurts.

I would have been happy with a crowd punch on yesterday to determine the winner...

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Sadly my brother is back in Melbourne next weekend, but has a conference on and has to work.
Even sadder is that he could get a ticket tomorrow afternoon with his membership that doesn't consist of a $1,000+ breakfast.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:Sadly my brother is back in Melbourne next weekend, but has a conference on and has to work.
Even sadder is that he could get a ticket tomorrow afternoon with his membership that doesn't consist of a $1,000+ breakfast.
3 hour late lunch from 2.30pm-5.30pm? :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SaintDebi
Club Player

I really feel for those who for any reason cant get back for "Rd2".
Heard someone suggest those who paid for tickets yesterday should have been offerred a discount rate for the coming week.
That sounds fair to me.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Had the pleasure to meet (and re-meet) some of the crew from the WA and SEQ supporters groups over the weekend

Amazingly dedicated Saints who shell out ridiculous amounts of money, not to see the Saints play every week cos they cant, but to support the Club they love and to hopefully see them win a flag someday

Really hope some of them can find a way back next Sat. Interstate fans give so much for often little return. They deserve to see the Cup held high!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Heard someone suggest those who paid for tickets yesterday should have been offerred a discount rate for the coming week.
That sounds fair to me.
Yeah, this seems like a fair offer for the AFL to lay out on the table.

No doubt it will sell out but it would be interesting if there were to be a statistic to show which club members who went yesterday and who'll purchase a tickets tomorrow.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Not going.

We will win. Trust me. If I'm not there, we are dead set monties.

Such is my relationship with this f****** football club. :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The setup at O'Donnell Gardens in St Kilda was first class. I had a great (yet stressful) day, and anyone who's in town but cant make it to the game, I'd highly recommend heading down that way.

Get there early, because by about 2pm she was pretty full.

They did confirm after the final siren yesterday that it would be on again this week.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Not going.

We will win. Trust me. If I'm not there, we are dead set monties.

Such is my relationship with this f****** football club. :P

Oh, then you are one of US.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:Heard someone suggest those who paid for tickets yesterday should have been offerred a discount rate for the coming week.
That sounds fair to me.

No doubt it will sell out but it would be interesting if there were to be a statistic to show which club members who went yesterday and who'll purchase a tickets tomorrow.
Will never happen.

Reason is simple: face value of GF tickets is always below their real market value, even with less corporates in the replay.

Perhaps they'd consider discounting if it was an all-interstate GF replay, but would never happen when it's all Victorian.

It sucks, but remember the golden rule - GF replays are ALL about the money.

I feel sorry for the MCC, as the replay will cost them $4.4 million - which is a massive hit that can't be budgetted for.

rexy
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
That sounds fair to me.

Will never happen.

Reason is simple: face value of GF tickets is always below their real market value, even with less corporates in the replay.

Perhaps they'd consider discounting if it was an all-interstate GF replay, but would never happen when it's all Victorian.

It sucks, but remember the golden rule - GF replays are ALL about the money.

I feel sorry for the MCC, as the replay will cost them $4.4 million - which is a massive hit that can't be budgetted for.
In no way am I doubting you, just genuinely interested. Why does the replay cost the MCC?

Maybe this year?