I LOVE THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

merlin
Club Player

I LOVE THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

Poor showing today, but i will never give up hope of us winning a grandfinal.
Excellent year by the saints considering what went on off field during 2010
Could we honestly say if collingwood had the off field dramas that st.kilda did, do you think they would of made the eight
GUTSY EFFORT SAINTS
i love you

Marchin' In
Club Player

Nice post.

UP THE SAINTERS!
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The long defeat...goes on.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Whatever!!!!

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Merlin I'm with you but I'm sick of all these "character building" losses.

Time for a premiership, nothing else will do.

The club and players owe us as much as we owe the club.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

I love this side so much

I just want a f****** premiership

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

On the Bench wrote:
That sums it up.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

I love them but I am sick of heart break......

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I will always love this club. Always.

I hope one day they love me back.

Efforts like y today make me doubt that.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Of course I love the club. Have loved it for 44 years since our last premiership.

But we lost. And our match plan was crap. And some of our selected players were crap.

But I still love the club. Of course I do.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Solar
Saintsational Legend

glad there is a thread for my post.

I love this club so much and are so proud of them. This year we have made so many mistakes but me must learn from them. I am shattered, really believed it was our time. Not sure when I will believe again.

But SAINTS I LOVE YOU

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
GoTheTorp
Club Player

They were as weak as piss no exuses goodnight cya later no more for me

merlin
Club Player

go and hop into a pretty little dress and barrack for the cats, not welcome here at saintsational
Go the saints

Thomas
Club Player

I love the Saints, but by god it hurts.

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
St.Dianne
Club Player

I love the Saints - have done so for 46 years - even when we were on the bottom of the ladder and only won 2 games for the whole year. With all the distractions this year we made the Grand Final - how many other teams would have done so or would have liked to??? Keep the faith fellow supporters our day will come.

kalsaint
Club Player

St.Dianne wrote:I love the Saints - have done so for 46 years - even when we were on the bottom of the ladder and only won 2 games for the whole year. With all the distractions this year we made the Grand Final - how many other teams would have done so or would have liked to??? Keep the faith fellow supporters our day will come.
45 years for me too, going through many lean years, many 'spoons and 7 GF's for 1 win. I honestly thought we had the '71 premiership against the Hawks but couldn't "pull it off".

My biggest heart ache was losing in 1997 from top position (percentage from Geelong) against Adelaide (5th). I thought Adelaide were lucky to get there and lucky to have Everitt an Vidovic (rucks) missing for the main game. I felt so strongly for the master, Harves.

The club frustrates the beejesus out of me but I will never stop loving it.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

PakenhamSaint wrote:
On the Bench wrote:
That sums it up.
Thats right because after every game I go to watch, I have to get in an ice bath for 2 hours just so i can walk with a limp on Monday, and after every game, i go down to my local doc and get xrays, scans and god knows what just so I know how much pain I'll carry in to next week when I sit in my comfy chair at the dome, of course after I have a few pain killing injections in my feet, knees and groin so I can watch.
And when I finally retire and dont go to watch, I'll be lucky to walk again properly after my hip and knee replacements!!!!
pfft, the players owe us NOTHING!!!! We owe them everything, they go out there week in and week out and play their guts out.
s*** take a look at the big picture, out of the top 5 or 6 sides we are probably the least skilled but god damn we are the most determined, tough and relentless side in the comp.

Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
PakenhamSaint wrote:
On the Bench wrote:
That sums it up.
Thats right because after every game I go to watch, I have to get in an ice bath for 2 hours just so i can walk with a limp on Monday, and after every game, i go down to my local doc and get xrays, scans and god knows what just so I know how much pain I'll carry in to next week when I sit in my comfy chair at the dome, of course after I have a few pain killing injections in my feet, knees and groin so I can watch.
And when I finally retire and dont go to watch, I'll be lucky to walk again properly after my hip and knee replacements!!!!
pfft, the players owe us NOTHING!!!! We owe them everything, they go out there week in and week out and play their guts out.
s*** take a look at the big picture, out of the top 5 or 6 sides we are probably the least skilled but god damn we are the most determined, tough and relentless side in the comp.
This is a huge +1 for me!

I don't post on here very much (who needs so much of the negativity to be found here!) but when I read posts like this I have to respond, because it symbolizes for me what the St. Kilda FC is all about and what the supporters should reflect. Fortius quo fidelius. Simple, period, end of story.

The players are the ones who go out there and bust their guts. It's easy as a spectator to become an armchair critic, but to accuse the boys of letting us down is absurd! I unfortunately couldn't make it to the game as I a) couldn't afford tickets and b) live three hours from Melbourne, but if I had I would have sounded like Lenny after last weeks game.

To all of you who are feeling bitter and disillusioned, look up the definition of 'supporter' in the dictionary and ponder this - do you really deserve a premiership? What exactly have you sacrificed that could possibly compare to what our playing group sacrifices?

~ Fortius Quo Fidelius ~

"To the players, I couldn't be prouder.

"We've got to keep coming and coming. Forget what you see in the media.

"Our premiership window is well and truly open."

Nick Riewoldt - 2/10/10
jroberts:)
Club Player

count me in!!! +1

carnasaints
Club Player

I am so proud of my club. No longer are we the laughing stock of the competition. We are here to stay.

I am bitterly dissapointed about yesterday and feel - like we all do - like crap today.

But I'll be signing up my 2 boys as members next year for the first time.

I am happy that the current admin, coaching staff and playing group eminate some amazing qualities - discipline - determination in the face of long odds - NEVER giving in - accountability and I am bloody proud to be a saint now more than ever.

Bring on trade week

bring on 2011

and WELL DONE SAINTERS!!!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

We might change things next season! We'll be there in the thick of it, almost guaranteed!

I love the club! Nothing has changed in that regard! Roll on 2011!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

You should NEVER love something when that love is unrequited.

Here is a helpful website for all of you not coping

http://www.ehow.com/how_2054274_deal-un ... -love.html

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

I can understand how gutted people are feeling joffaboy, but how can we expect the players to find any inspiration in supporters who no longer believe?

It's so easy to buy into the "we're just hopeless" mentality - after all imho the media has been shoving that old chesnut down our throats for f-ing years - but isn't that why we're St. Kilda supporters? We're passionate and we never say die even during the darkest of times.

Try to remember that it's easy to support a winning team - it's supporting a losing team that seperates the men from the boys (or women from the girls in my case).

This is the time when we as supporters can really make a difference by responding not with bitterness but with continued hope. I guess I'm just a glass half full person.

Get on board for the next campaign guys - and remember, we need YOU!

~ Fortius Quo Fidelius ~

"To the players, I couldn't be prouder.

"We've got to keep coming and coming. Forget what you see in the media.

"Our premiership window is well and truly open."

Nick Riewoldt - 2/10/10
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: I LOVE THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

merlin wrote:Poor showing today, but i will never give up hope of us winning a grandfinal.
Excellent year by the saints considering what went on off field during 2010
Could we honestly say if collingwood had the off field dramas that st.kilda did, do you think they would of made the eight
GUTSY EFFORT SAINTS
i love you
You're obviously a young supporter that hasn't suffered enough yet.

Q5
Club Player

Rooey_for_PM! wrote:Try to remember that it's easy to support a winning team - it's supporting a losing team that seperates the men from the boys (or women from the girls in my case).
Never a truer word spoken... I'm still on board.