ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I have had a couple of beers here but bear with me. I am 34 years old and have been supporting the saints all of my life.
The thing is I love this club, but I am getting feed up with our over paid, so called role models we call players. You can't tell me they have "pressure" and they need a release in the off-season. Please...They earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to basically keep fit and then play a game of football for 3 hours on the weekend.
They only have a career for 10 years then move onto something else. The normal people out there in the real world work in the same job for 50 years earning probably a tenth of what some of these players are on.
They expect us to become members and support this club but enough is enough, I mean lay down the law and ban all drinking, end of season trips, everything until they all stop acting like children. If that's how they act that's how they should be treated! I know people will think this is a joke and boys will be boys but they don't appreciate what they have and they have a responsibility to over 40 thousand members.
I am just so sick of all of this stuff coming up all the time! I mean we have acheived nothing, no flags in 44 years and counting! Pull your heads in, it is a previllage to play for the St. Kilda football club. Represent our club in the right way or you know where the door is! We are trying to attract members and sponsors and our club is always in the news for the wrong things! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! It is really starting to make me angry!

Is it really that hard for a young man to:

* Not alledgedly rape a young lady?
* Not carry on like tools and take naked photos of each other
* Not alledgedly impregnate 16 year old girls
* Not get into bar fights

I think NOT!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Back to the fridge.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
derby Street
Club Player

Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I have had a couple of beers here but bear with me. I am 34 years old and have been supporting the saints all of my life.
The thing is I love this club, but I am getting feed up with our over paid, so called role models we call players. You can't tell me they have "pressure" and they need a release in the off-season. Please...They earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to basically keep fit and then play a game of football for 3 hours on the weekend.
They only have a career for 10 years then move onto something else. The normal people out there in the real world work in the same job for 50 years earning probably a tenth of what some of these players are on.
They expect us to become members and support this club but enough is enough, I mean lay down the law and ban all drinking, end of season trips, everything until they all stop acting like children. If that's how they act that's how they should be treated! I know people will think this is a joke and boys will be boys but they don't appreciate what they have and they have a responsibility to over 40 thousand members.
I am just so sick of all of this stuff coming up all the time! I mean we have acheived nothing, no flags in 44 years and counting! Pull your heads in, it is a previllage to play for the St. Kilda football club. Represent our club in the right way or you know where the door is! We are trying to attract members and sponsors and our club is always in the news for the wrong things! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! It is really starting to make me angry!

I think NOT!

Only a couple of beers ????? Surely you are on your 2nd slab !

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

derby Street wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I have had a couple of beers here but bear with me. I am 34 years old and have been supporting the saints all of my life.

I think NOT!

Only a couple of beers ????? Surely you are on your 2nd slab !
Haha maybe more than a couple! Just getting it out there while I am in the mood!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

You're obviously in what is known as the "Morose Phase" known to many a brown cordial aficiando.

It, too, shall pass. Just wait for the "Incomprehensible Bravado" or "Overblown Optimism" phases. They're better.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

The OtherThommo wrote:You're obviously in what is known as the "Morose Phase" known to many a brown cordial aficiando.

It, too, shall pass. Just wait for the "Incomprehensible Bravado" or "Overblown Optimism" phases. They're better.
I used to miss those phases, and go straight to the ""I'm vomiting up my toenails"" phase. :oops:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

GO, I'd suggest you had really big, but short, IB and OO phases. You just didn't recognise them, but they are what got you to the 'VUMT" phase.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:You're obviously in what is known as the "Morose Phase" known to many a brown cordial aficiando.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

The OtherThommo wrote:GO, I'd suggest you had really big, but short, IB and OO phases. You just didn't recognise them, but they are what got you to the 'VUMT" phase.
Thanks OT, an understandable theory.

Could well be right too, as usually my powers of perception were minimal by that stage. The "VUMT"" phase is around the Leg Dis-Association phase, where your legs suddenly develop a mind of their own. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I struggled more with the "Shut One Eye" (to reduce the number of replicas) phase. I've deduced that was caused by having v.v. long "IB" and "OO" phases. They were light on amplitude but had duration.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I think NOT!
Well said.

Beer or no beer, you have a point.

but the naystayers on here will rubbish you...

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scoop
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
but the naystayers on here will rubbish you...
Hardly....if they were "naystayers"....they wouldn't be around to rubbish... :lol:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
SirDog
Club Player

I hear what your saying R. Harvey 3 votes! but I cannot really answer your question except to say that scandals and top sportsmen go hand in hand. It is a very strange phenomenom that I really have no energy at present to explain.

All I can do is cite the following examples:
Tiger Woods (golf) - sex addiction.
Shane Warne (cricket) - sex addiction.
Joel Monaghan (rugby) - sex fetish. woof woof!
Kobie Bryant (NBA - Basket Ball) - Rape allegation.
Brett Favre (NFL - Gridiron) - sms photo of penis/ sexting scandal.

These are or were the best of the best sportsmen, all were or are currently tied up in a scandal. Some of them make Rooeys/NDS photos look ordinary, especially the canine lover. Brett Favres is a good one too if you google it. But these acts unfortunately happen, mabye it's work hard, play hard..mabye they are just targets for society...mabye they are just socially inept, I really don't know. These guys are a minority and in retrospect are on par with the minority of joe averages who screw up on a daily basis. Applying this logic I suppose makes these guys no different to you or I except they can kick, bowl or hit a ball better than us.

I could go on...should I? No. :)

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I really love the simplexity of some people these days.

The bottom line is 'footballers' are a sections of the makeup of society. I player allegedly rapes someone quickly becomes 'footballers' allegedly raping someone.

The are people, some of integrity, some of poor values. Don't hold it against them because they make coin because they are good at what they do. And just remember, during you very clear envious rant - the average career is 4 years.. Then back into society behind those at the same age.

But yes, let's ban them from everything except training and playing.

Ironic - did u mention you'd just polished off a few beers? And it continues to grate me how much hurt and disgust 'members' are feeling. When in reality it does not even compare to the feelings of Roo Dal and to a lesser extent Gilbert.

Enjoy your beer.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:simplexity
Simple, yet complex?
:wink: