A new sainter is (hopefully) born

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

A new sainter is (hopefully) born

Greetings fellow Sainters, I've been away for quite some time as many of you know, my wife was expecting a baby in December.

I am pleased to announce that on December 13th 2010, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

Hopefully he will be able to be converted/brainwashed into being a Sainter the same way I was when I was a lad. If his grandfather doesn't try and brainwash him into becooming a magpie first, that is. (oh the horror!)

Looking forward to this year - going to be a bit different as due to the extra costs of raising a baby, I haven't renewed my membership (instead, I let Dad take over mine because he couldn't upgrade to Social club membership coz he missed the cut off) so for the first time since 2005, I won't be going virtually every week to the footy, so as to spend time with my new family.

As a result, i'm sort of letting football take a back seat for the next few years. I become an absolute psychopath when i watch or go to the footy and I don't want my son to grow up being scared of his Dad. I'll still be a passionate St Kilda supporter but its not going to be the be-all and end-all of my life like it has been the last few years.

Looking forward to the challenge of parenthood - hopefully will be able to confirm him as a St Kilda supporter in a few years time, hehehe.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Congrats OES, that's fantastic news! :D

It's never to early to start the brainwashing 8-)

SaintDebi
Club Player

Congratulations. Lovely news. Best wishes to you and your family. :D

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
didzee
Club Player

Congrats to OES & Nanny Debi on your new arrivals!

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Congrats...

On the education of the youngster...Don't call it brainwashing...My wife accuses me of doing that with my 8yo son. I just call it "passing down a family tradition".

My boy will now not entertain the idea of supporting any other team and as a bonus, I've also educated him that anything to do with Collingwood is evil...I had to a ease that back from anything black and white.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Congrats

Sign him up for a cherub membership pronto. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling on a lifetime of supporting the MIGHTY SAINTS !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!