Clint Jones...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Clint Jones...

Clint Jones... Still out of form.
When Harry O'Brien dusted him up before the start of the early Collingwood game last season, I thought Clint lost some confidence which he has yet to recover. He has not played a really good game since.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Got the stutters there barry,

yes he does seem to have gone off the boil a bit,but if he is given a specific role to play which we do not know about,he may be playing well without us realising it

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think he carried an ankle injury for much of last yr, into the finals. Perhaps it isnt right yet !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Got the stutters there barry,

yes he does seem to have gone off the boil a bit,but if he is given a specific role to play which we do not know about,he may be playing well without us realising it
:? :?

wishful thinking at its finest (unless I've missed sarcasm which is a distinct possibilty)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

:? :?

wishful thinking at its finest (unless I've missed sarcasm which is a distinct possibilty)

seano1
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I think he carried an ankle injury for much of last yr, into the finals. Perhaps it isnt right yet !!

stll cant figure out how he became an AFL player when he cant kick for s@@t.

saintjake
Club Player

Personally i think with out game plan, we dont need a tagger in the midfield.
its so tight and clustered everyone struggles to find space.
I understand having a defensive stopper for your Johnsons and Didaks when they are forward.
But as for a midfield tagger i see it as a waste. Why not another attacking midfielder.

Cro
Club Player

saintjake wrote:Personally i think with out game plan, we dont need a tagger in the midfield.
its so tight and clustered everyone struggles to find space.
I understand having a defensive stopper for your Johnsons and Didaks when they are forward.
But as for a midfield tagger i see it as a waste. Why not another attacking midfielder.
Or at least a tagger who can kick to a team mate when needed.
Agreed though, Collingwood don't tag, and with the players at our disposal why should we?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so something that happened nearly 12 months ago, as in a push and shove match, has made him lose so much confidence its affected his playing ability???

ok then :?

spert
Saintsational Legend

When Jones is out or not playing well, we don't seem to do too well, or am I just imagining things...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

yes like eddy and macqualter. they are all awesome and we dont even know it. its all secret squirrel role thing. they are playing secret roles which we cant understand. heck not even ther other 16 clubs were clever enough to pick up eddy in the draft because they also dont know the secret roles.

jones horribly out of form. as GT would say hes really " off his tucker".

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Maybe that's why the entire coaching staff were at Sandy on Saturday.

I can see (hopefully) a few changes for this week. Better to start early to see how others go, than wait until it's too late.

I can't see how hundreds of Saintsational contributors can see it, but the coaches can't. Although ----- "The Bubble" showed me how little we outsiders know about today's strategies. However ........ surely there is a place for coaching commonsense. :!:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I can't see how hundreds of Saintsational contributors can see it, but the coaches can't. Although ----- "The Bubble" showed me how little we outsiders know about today's strategies. However ........ surely there is a place for coaching commonsense. :!:
Ridiculous post JO!

You sir need to read ss’s own publication “The Blisterâ€

PJ
SS Life Member

Clint will always give 110%, sadly the skills won't get much better. At some point he'll get replaced by someone with more up - but for the moment......

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.