and don't you just love it.carscum loving ponce

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

and don't you just love it.carscum loving ponce

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1dj3t.html

"The style of game in which they have taken such pride left them vulnerable when victory should have been assured. And the football world let them know about it. It was all a reminder of how demanding this new season would be if the Saints were to again go the journey."

. dropkick...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:....a crap article from a crap reporter.....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 17 Apr 2011 10:52pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

What? He's spot on. Get the blinkers off.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Well, lets see how we go against he Bears next week, as if we lose that, I think the big knives will be out. A few Sandy Saints would be wanting to make a big impression today, as they may find themselves in line for a call up if it all goes bad next week.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Apart from dragging out "Tim Lane is scum cos he barracks for Carlton" as an argument, Id like to know what you found wrong with it
Yes it was quite a damning appraisal, but its his opinion and to be honest the only glaring inaccuracy I found was "a rare capitulation to Essendon"..we seem to capitulate to them all too often of late

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm with stinger on this one. He is a vastly overrated entity. The article is nothing special either. He's made some telling points, but as is the norm for Lane, they've already been brought up well before this in many other forums. It's all late edition news with Lane. I think he may have timed it this way, knowing every other media vulture has already picked over the St.Kilda "carcass". A bit of "clear air" over reporting the saints is what he needed to be noticed, so there he is. It makes him seem somewhat more pitiful than he really is.

If he takes satisfaction from watching the saints fail, and I know a close colleague's of his at The Age who claims he does, and he uses his professional outlet to express this pleasure in a biased manner, then it says a lot about little Timmy Lame. A sanctimonious, pompous little refugee from the sheltered workshop of the electronic media, the ABC. He has always struggled to be heard amongst the "heavy hitters" of AFL reporting.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
BakesFan
SS Life Member

I'm with stinger... it is a crap article from a crap reporter....

..nothing new in what Lane says in that piece..... he probably trawled through SS to get ideas..... everything he says has been mentioned here..

stinger's thread title, "and don't you just love it you Carlscum ponce" is right on the money..... Lane is reveling in The Saints current woes......

...I think his joy will be short lived... The Saints are far from finished for this season.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Apart from dragging out "Tim Lane is scum cos he barracks for Carlton" as an argument, Id like to know what you found wrong with it
Yes it was quite a damning appraisal, but its his opinion and to be honest the only glaring inaccuracy I found was "a rare capitulation to Essendon"..we seem to capitulate to them all too often of late
+1

Sorry if the truth hurts guys and girls!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

He's a boring old nuffie is Lane but the article is just stating the bleeding obvious I would have thought.

I'd actually quite like his seemingly easy job.

Regurgitate the collected views of all and sundry and tack on your name.

Sounds a good gig.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I'm with stinger on this one. He is a vastly overrated entity. The article is nothing special either. He's made some telling points, but as is the norm for Lane, they've already been brought up well before this in many other forums. It's all late edition news with Lane. I think he may have timed it this way, knowing every other media vulture has already picked over the St.Kilda "carcass". A bit of "clear air" over reporting the saints is what he needed to be noticed, so there he is. It makes him seem somewhat more pitiful than he really is.

If he takes satisfaction from watching the saints fail, and I know a close colleague's of his at The Age who claims he does, and he uses his professional outlet to express this pleasure in a biased manner, then it says a lot about little Timmy Lame. A sanctimonious, pompous little refugee from the sheltered workshop of the electronic media, the ABC. He has always struggled to be heard amongst the "heavy hitters" of AFL reporting.
Good post.

Funniest thing I heard was Lane declaring Cats dead at the same time last year.....the guys a dill and poor mans Commetti.

Its a nothing read thats all been said before...sad thing is.....you never see guys like Lame come out and let us know they "got it wrong" when they so often do.

I did notice in that article Lame left a fair amount of "wriggle room" IF we come good....ah Tim.....at least learnt a bit of a lesson....

Loser.

“Yeah….nah””
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Not a fan of commentator Lane, but I thought this article was accurate as to where we are at the moment.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I don't care much for Tim Lane and find him a touch sanctimonious most of the time. However I thought the article was actually very accurate and well written.

Yes, It's all been said before, but I've thought numerous times how different it may have been if only we had dragged ourselves across the line in that 1st GF last year.

The first worrying signs for me was when RL said the players needed rejuvenating pre-season, and that some of them had returned from their break out of condition - more players than usual it appeared from the tone he used. Coupled with our extraordinary late start to pre-season, I always wondered how he was going to get them up and about.

Many of our snr players started training in mid December - many of the most amateur of the amateur clubs start pre-season before then. I have consigned myself for a down year this year. AS my daughter said to me though - 'we've had fun the last few years watching the saints dad, I hope we're still going to go watch them even though they're probably going to be bad this year.'

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Yes it was quite a damning appraisal, but its his opinion and to be honest the only glaring inaccuracy I found was "a rare capitulation to Essendon"..we seem to capitulate to them all too often of late
' a rare capitulation to Essendon'???? Laney obviously hasn't been paying attention the last few years!!!

It's all stuff we don't want to believe, i.e. the era's over etc.

What the Carlton bozo doesn't realise is Saints fans have supported their club for years through the kind of adversity and hard times Carlton only discovered about 10 years ago (two wooden spoons, drops in membership etc). Carlton's had it tough until the last couple of years when repeated top draft picks and buying Judd with a promise of a high salary to literally shuffle papers have lifted the club to just above mediocrity.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I think he was referring to us capitulating, as being rare - not losing to Essendon.

Anyway, this is the part burns the worst...

"What followed has been a heroic performance that history may record as one of the game's most cruelly unrequited."

He's right about timing being everything.

Oh well. We move on.

PJ
SS Life Member

I think refering to this article as the truth stretches anyones credibility. It's an interretation of recent events - if you were to describe it as the truth you'd need to be god. Which does he go by these days?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

These are the lazy journalists answer to the pot filler. Just write something that the main stream journalists are pushing. No insight nothing new, just repeating what is becoming the pushed line. The journalists hope that by perpetrating the myth that it becomes intrenched in the players psyche and that they play poorly accordingly- then they look insightful. If St kilda make a miraculous come back they can say it was an amazing turn around.

I think after seeing the Richmond Collingwood game that I may have vastly underrated the Tigers ability, same goes for Geelong. The disappointment was obviously the Bombers, another very good team this year- Carlton couldn't get them with two players down in the first quarter. We may not have started great but writing them off completely is a bit strange, I've heard people saying at least we should beat Brisbane and Gold coast. If it turns out that bad it will be a long season.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think after seeing the Richmond Collingwood game that I may have vastly underrated the Tigers ability...
seriously? they still lost by 70 points. just how good do you think collingwood are?

the tiges may turn out to be decent this year, but as it stands they're fourteenth with zero wins just like us, so i wouldn't read too much into one decent quarter against the pies.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nothing like stating the obvious Tim
prob borrowed the entire article from five others written over the last couple of weeks
cannot stand the bloke as a commentator, boring as batshit.

article was correct, but seriously nothing that no one was else hasnt already written

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:I think after seeing the Richmond Collingwood game that I may have vastly underrated the Tigers ability...
seriously? they still lost by 70 points. just how good do you think collingwood are?

the tiges may turn out to be decent this year, but as it stands they're fourteenth with zero wins just like us, so i wouldn't read too much into one decent quarter against the pies.
How about coming so close to Geelong? :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Good fair honest article.

Only time I rail against Lane is when his articles are unfair. This seems to be a typical critical article of St.Kilda, but in the past his critisisms have been unfair considering how we were going.

How we are going now negates that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

From the thread title:

carscum loving ponce

Isn't time we moved beyond hurling homophobic insults at persons we disagree with?

Whether he is or isn't has no reference to what he has written.

Debate the text, refer to him as a fool or an idiot, but FFS leave that homophobic crap behind the shelter-shed where it belongs.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
poatina
Club Player

carscum loving ponce

I'd agree with you generally GrumpyOne but " ponce" isn't homophobic abuse . A ponce is a pimp, or a dandy and might be efeminate ( accoring to Macquarie ) , whereas I understand in England a " nonce " is a male homosexual or a kiddy fiddler ( and before you jump on me , I don't suggest they are in fact one and the same ) .
I thought the article was OK . Melancholy is what I get when I'm reminded of how close we came. Wouldn't be surprised if the players feel worse- it must be very hard hard to get back up again , and I think if we had done Geelong in the first game everything would be looking a lot more shiny .

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: carscum loving ponce

poatina wrote:I'd agree with you generally GrumpyOne but " ponce" isn't homophobic abuse .
I thought he was referring to their home ground at ponces park.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: carscum loving ponce

satchmo wrote:
poatina wrote:I'd agree with you generally GrumpyOne but " ponce" isn't homophobic abuse .
I thought he was referring to their home ground at ponces park.
That's home ground, not homo ground, before anyone gets offended :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:From the thread title:

carscum loving ponce

Isn't time we moved beyond hurling homophobic insults at persons we disagree with?

Whether he is or isn't has no reference to what he has written.

Debate the text, refer to him as a fool or an idiot, but FFS leave that homophobic crap behind the shelter-shed where it belongs.
Is the shelter shed where it all happens? I've heard about these underground places.

jays
Club Player

he is such a dick always kicks the boot into us when we are down