Kosi!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Kosi!

Does anyone know how long he'll be out for?

Any chance to return for thr carlscum game?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi!

tweedaletomanning wrote:Does anyone know how long he'll be out for?

Any chance to return for thr carlscum game?
Dunno but IF Johnson offers a target and ups the fwd 50 pressure....AND we feel we can "Compete" in ruck (we wont win ruck against Carlton no matter what with/without Kosi)..........Id keep him in the VFL for a few games....

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

All I know is the player who stood on his ankle is a useless hack who has never done anything. He reminds me of a turd that can't be flushed down the toilet. Always bobs up.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:All I know is the player who stood on his ankle is a useless hack who has never done anything. He reminds me of a turd that can't be flushed down the toilet. Always bobs up.
Not a nice way to talk about Kosi, even I don't stoop that low.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Solar
Saintsational Legend

BS I think he was talking about mcgrath

anyway is kosi at the crossroads? Thought his second half in thedrawn grand final was epic but does he have a future in the current AFL?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintPav wrote:All I know is the player who stood on his ankle is a useless hack who has never done anything. He reminds me of a turd that can't be flushed down the toilet. Always bobs up.
Not a nice way to talk about Kosi, even I don't stoop that low.
Yes, not a nice thing to say but I wasn't talking about Kosi.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Kosi has missed a fair bit of footy now. Get him right and then give him a couple of games at Sandy to give him a chance to get some touch & match fitness !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Season?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Season?
Is that a question or have you heard something?

It pains me to say this but maybe Kosi could be attractive as a trade to a team that needs a forward and is close to a premiership, maybe the dogs in return for Will Minson.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

It pains me to say this but maybe Kosi could be attractive as a trade to a team that needs a forward and is close to a premiership, maybe the dogs in return for Will Minson.
other teams are crying out for injury prone immobile 29 year olds.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

season?

that would be a question
it has a question mark 8-)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

The Dogs took on Bazza at a risk because of their immediate needs and it looks like Bazza has come to the end of the line. Wouldn't it be great for Kosi to finally get that premiership medal. I for one would say he'd earned it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

The Dogs took on Bazza at a risk because of their immediate needs and it looks like Bazza has come to the end of the line. Wouldn't it be great for Kosi to finally get that premiership medal. I for one would say he'd earned it.
I love the No 23, but 'earned'? How so? A few decent patches of form over a long period?

Hayes might have 'earned' the right to deserve one. Kosi hasn't IMO. Yet?

As for Hall, he was cherry ripe physically and still capable of making a weekly contribution. And has.

Sadly Kosi's held together by strapping tape. I'd be amazed if he attracted any external interest whatsoever beyond a one year deal like Nathan Ablett at perhaps GWS. And for that he'd be massively fortunate.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

I love the No 23, but 'earned'? How so? A few decent patches of form over a long period?

Hayes might have 'earned' the right to deserve one. Kosi hasn't IMO. Yet?

As for Hall, he was cherry ripe physically and still capable of making a weekly contribution. And has.

Sadly Kosi's held together by strapping tape. I'd be amazed if he attracted any external interest whatsoever beyond a one year deal like Nathan Ablett at perhaps GWS. And for that he'd be massively fortunate.
So what you are saying is that a team like the dogs who will be in the market for a ready made FF next year might be willing to offer him a one year deal.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Is Hall at the end of the line?

He's jarred his ankle. I know little more than that, but it doesn't sound like a death knell.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Is Hall at the end of the line?

He's jarred his ankle. I know little more than that, but it doesn't sound like a death knell.
I read somewhere that the Dogs are only planning to give him 16 or so games this year to manage him. That's clearly not ideal for a team that is supposed to be a contender. Doesn't bode well for team balance does it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

I read somewhere that the Dogs are only planning to give him 16 or so games this year to manage him. That's clearly not ideal for a team that is supposed to be a contender. Doesn't bode well for team balance does it.
Perhaps they are going all or nothing then. This year or reload.

Without him clamming marks and kicking straight they're f***ed.

But if you slotted Kosi into their structure, as much as it pains me to say it, they'll just get what he is, a lumbering, injury-riddled battler who can't hold his feet, is struggling to mark, is a pretty sloppy ruckman, and hasn't had a kick on goal in a while.

Wipe the egg of my face in a month or so. I hope you do. But surely as things stand Kosi's goose is pretty much cooked.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Perhaps they are going all or nothing then. This year or reload.

Without him clamming marks and kicking straight they're f***ed.

But if you slotted Kosi into their structure, as much as it pains me to say it, they'll just get what he is, a lumbering, injury-riddled battler who can't hold his feet, is struggling to mark, is a pretty sloppy ruckman, and hasn't had a kick on goal in a while.

Wipe the egg of my face in a month or so. I hope you do. But surely as things stand Kosi's goose is pretty much cooked.
I'm not disagreeing with you.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They wouldn't play him like we play him.

Nobody would, they'd have him in the ruck pushing forward.

Probably because most other teams have someone who can play FF.

Not us though, nobody for years now, doesn't any kid want it enough?

Hoping Johnson makes an excellent debut, and Kosi returns to ruck.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

With this latest set-back, the Club needs to come out with a statement about his condition. :!: It looks bad/long term to me. Clearly, the Brisbane episode didn't help.

Let's support him through this current problem and re-assess things towards the end of the year. His stats clearly show his poor performance over the last couple of years. However, in our current precarious situation, he "must" perform when he gets back on the track.

As others have said, perhaps a few games at Sandy will help return both fitness and confidence.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:With this latest set-back, the Club needs to come out with a statement about his condition. :!: It looks bad/long term to me. Clearly, the Brisbane episode didn't help.

Let's support him through this current problem and re-assess things towards the end of the year. His stats clearly show his poor performance over the last couple of years. However, in our current precarious situation, he "must" perform when he gets back on the track.

As others have said, perhaps a few games at Sandy will help return both fitness and confidence.
i think the club does not need to come out with a statement about his condition. . no club does that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why is everyone thinking he is long term?

Bernard, didn't you say the club was just blushing because they brought him back far too early?

Which they did, no doubt.

Richter
SS Life Member

Over the next two seasons Kosi's St Kilda future is likely saved by Gardiner's injury and our lack of depth of quality rusks. However, though it pains me to say it, even last year one could see the writing on the wall for the big guy.

If anyone of Stanley, Johnson or Archer push through, and we pick up an experienced ruckman in trade week at the end of the season (as we desperately need to), I can see Kosi's AFL career being finished within the next 18 months.

For comparison, Collingwood offloaded Fraser at a time when he was still a better player than Kosi is now.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Over the next two seasons Kosi's St Kilda future is likely saved by Gardiner's injury and our lack of depth of quality rusks. However, though it pains me to say it, even last year one could see the writing on the wall for the big guy.

If anyone of Stanley, Johnson or Archer push through, and we pick up an experienced ruckman in trade week at the end of the season (as we desperately need to), I can see Kosi's AFL career being finished within the next 18 months.

For comparison, Collingwood offloaded Fraser at a time when he was still a better player than Kosi is now.
In the wake of the Replay, I think Ross came to the conclusion that Kosi is only a fringe player who could have a role as a forward/ruck but it no longer an automatic selection.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
In the wake of the Replay, I think Ross came to the conclusion that Kosi is only a fringe player who could have a role as a forward/ruck but it no longer an automatic selection.
What makes you think that dcstkfc?

I disagree.

Some on here may not rate his worth to the side, but I still think Ross does.

Rushed him back way too early because of it.