Bring back Max!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Bring back Max!!!

Bring back maxy from collingwood as our defencive coach (we dont have one now well looks like it).

His contract is up at the end of this year and he would be great for the saints.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yes because all club greats are great coaches. I want the saints to get the best available.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

After ratting out our gameplan to the competition?

Do you reckon he gives a f*** about the Saints? Or that he and Ross would have any kind of working relationship?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
spert
Saintsational Legend

The defence is not our major worry -try the midfield and forward line..and poor old Max wouldn't have a clue in that respect

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Losing SOS is a bigger problem, along with the rest of the coaching personnel.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Bring him back to play....

Nee!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:After ratting out our gameplan to the competition?

Do you reckon he gives a f*** about the Saints? Or that he and Ross would have any kind of working relationship?
Agree 100%!

Bloke cracks the sh!ts as he was past it and not happy about it,so he runs off to our nearest competitor and gives them all our secrets...and continues to sook whilst he's there. Never bring him back,he's filth now,and celebrated with them too

Bring back the Lockett era
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:After ratting out our gameplan to the competition?

Agree 100%!

Bloke cracks the sh!ts as he was past it and not happy about it,so he runs off to our nearest competitor and gives them all our secrets...and continues to sook whilst he's there. Never bring him back,he's filth now,and celebrated with them too
I must admit I have been a little curious, and wondered how he felt witnessing Presti do what deep down in his heart he probably should of done at the Saints.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I thought I heard someone say on here that aussie jones could one day be a coach of St.kilda. Does he even do any coaching? I'd love to see aussie as an assistant coach, reckon he'd be a good coach.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

hungry for a premiership wrote:I thought I heard someone say on here that aussie jones could one day be a coach of St.kilda. Does he even do any coaching? I'd love to see aussie as an assistant coach, reckon he'd be a good coach.
He coaches the seniors at Beaconsfield, the club where Siposs is from.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

He coaches the seniors at Beaconsfield, the club where Siposs is from.
Well let's get him on board as an assistant then! Kicking / outside-mid coach.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
RW&B
Club Player

hungry for a premiership wrote:I thought I heard someone say on here that aussie jones could one day be a coach of St.kilda. Does he even do any coaching? I'd love to see aussie as an assistant coach, reckon he'd be a good coach.
Aussie took a skills session at the Oakleigh Chargers about 5 years ago. Was awesome. I would love to be a Charger now, Lenny and King are down there fortnightly or something or at least were last year. Lenny future Saints coach?? Would be bigger than Hird to Essendon.

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

RW&B wrote:
Aussie took a skills session at the Oakleigh Chargers about 5 years ago. Was awesome. I would love to be a Charger now, Lenny and King are down there fortnightly or something or at least were last year. Lenny future Saints coach?? Would be bigger than Hird to Essendon.
Milne and Kosi have been down at the Stringrays this year at times.

RW&B
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
RW&B wrote:
Not sure if it's the Club or players who drive it but I think it's awesome. A win for the kids and a win for the players too.

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

RW&B wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
RW&B wrote:
Not sure if it's the Club or players who drive it but I think it's awesome. A win for the kids and a win for the players too.
Could be part of level III coaches course !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Losing SOS is a bigger problem, along with the rest of the coaching personnel.
I'd swap SOS for Harvs in a heartbeat.

Won't happen.

Looks like the assistants could see the writing on the wall.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Burkey 1
Club Player

Absolutely not !!!!!! Look I loved Max when he played for us, he gave everything to the club and jumper but when he went to collingwood and gave them intimate details of our game plan and when I saw him standing next to Buckley after they won the Flag and with a very big smile on his face it CUT DEEP and still does, will be a long time before I would like to see Max back with us and i'm very sad to say this believe me.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Burkey 1 wrote:Absolutely not !!!!!! Look I loved Max when he played for us, he gave everything to the club and jumper but when he went to collingwood and gave them intimate details of our game plan and when I saw him standing next to Buckley after they won the Flag and with a very big smile on his face it CUT DEEP and still does, will be a long time before I would like to see Max back with us and i'm very sad to say this believe me.
To be fair I reckon Luke Ball may have blabbed a bit about the game plan anyway.

widereceiver
Club Player

The secret of the gameplan lasted about 15 seconds. It took a while for the other teams to counter it. By the time Max and Ball left, it was ancient history.

If our forwards could kick for sh1te it wouldn't have mattered.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Maxwell Smart?

Note: Stopped being an auto selection in 2008, and played last game in Round 20, 2009 (our first loss for the year). We make GF 2009 and 2010. We need to do it again with three or four others i.e. get rid of anyone who cannot kick to a teammate or cannot take a mark. Malthouse was able to do it in one year (see Saints V Woods Round 7, 2009 and GFs 2010), although they must have cheated the salary cap (Ball and Jolly) or had the greatest piece of luck of all time. Don't expect any investigation any time soon. Whatever, we should emulate the recipe.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Max sold his soul for 50k I reckon.

Simple as that.

Luke Ball would not have had anywhere near the involvement with our backline setups.

I could go on....but I loved Maxxy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Nobody admired maxy more than the Jiggster, but He was cut to ribbons in the round 20 2009 defeat against Essendon. Lyon refused to let sentiment affect his selection and but for that crazy kick across goal, Dawson played reasonably well in the GF. Max is no longer a Saints man and no longer occupies my time, other than to respect his service as a player.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Nobody admired maxy more than the Jiggster, but He was cut to ribbons in the round 20 2009 defeat against Essendon. Lyon refused to let sentiment affect his selection and but for that crazy kick across goal, Dawson played reasonably well in the GF. Max is no longer a Saints man and no longer occupies my time, other than to respect his service as a player.
Thanks for bringing up Hawkins' 'goal'. Really needed that after Chapman was the guest 'On the Couch' last night and they showed the toe poke and his goal. :(

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Watching Nathan Brown in the GF, was like watching Max. :(

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:Losing SOS is a bigger problem, along with the rest of the coaching personnel.
.. and not for the reasons you may think. SOS working for GWS recruiting talent. If they take a similar line to Gold Coast then SOS will target established palyers (not our fringe or emerging players). I reckon we will lose 1 senior player to GWS given the discontent that a losing season brings. My tip is it will be Gilbert coz he will feel like he needs a fresh start more than most.

By the way, I reckon Max could do just as good a job as defensive coach as SOS did. I hope they try and get him back.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.