Luke Miles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Luke Miles

We should have kept this bloke.

Had genuine pace and Ill go he for tiggy if hes not a better running HBF than Raph.

Id even have picked him in the finals last year and given grammy a week off to fix his groin.

p.s did anyone see the coon and friends episode of south park with captain hindsight? one of the great episodes.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Questionable skill levels.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

clarky449 wrote:Questionable skill levels.
Luke Miles or that South Park episode?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Questionable skill levels.
Very questionable. The guy wasnt up to AFL standard and if it wasnt for resting players would never had played a senior game in 3 years and he was older recruit. We are in trouble if people think he would have helped this year and beyond.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Big fan, and personal friend so may be biased, should still be on the list ahead of mcqualter, and a few others

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I liked his pace - we needed it.

Not top skills, but as others have said, they were up with others such as McQualter.

St Igmata
Club Player

Noone else went after him.
He couldnt be that good.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

You might have to go HE for tiggy Con.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Miles

Con Gorozidis wrote:We should have kept this bloke.

Had genuine pace and Ill go he for tiggy if hes not a better running HBF than Raph.

Id even have picked him in the finals last year and given grammy a week off to fix his groin.

p.s did anyone see the coon and friends episode of south park with captain hindsight? one of the great episodes.
Con, you also wanted to keep Pattison.

With respect, both Luke and Adam may have helped paper over some cracks this year but I think that's all.  If we still came to the conclusion that major changes were necessary, and I think we would've, I doubt either player would have survived a cull at the end of 2011. 

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Con, you also wanted to keep Pattison.

With respect, both Luke and Adam may have helped paper over some cracks this year but I think that's all.  If we still came to the conclusion that major changes were necessary, and I think we would've, I doubt either player would have survived a cull at the end of 2011. 

list cloggers...both of them.....imho....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Igmata
Club Player

It would have been a mistake if these guys were delisted and theyre ripping it up in the Liston trophy atm imho.
Doing a Curnow or Barlow.
Theyre name doesn't even end in 'O-W'
I think thats the key. :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:It would have been a mistake if these guys were delisted and theyre ripping it up in the Liston trophy atm imho.
I think they do. Pattow and Milow.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Some light reading:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=64145

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=64382

Aside from plugger, who could not contain his enthusiasm for Miles delisting, most of us were pretty shocked at the time. Miles came in, played well, was very quick and his kicking wasn't the disaster that it was advertised to be. He won the GF sprint. I think most thought he'd be in the running for a spot with Baker getting on and Dempster being about as exciting as wet toast.

It's not like Miles' delisting made us younger either, because we went out and picked up Dean Polo and Charlie Gamble. It's a really strange decision, as those two games could have gone to somebody who might have been on our list this year. It's still got nothing on re-signing Howard to a 2-year extension and then delisting him two weeks later, but it's yet another in a long line of list management blunders. Good thing we have a lawyer nominally managing our list while Lyon sticks his fingers in pies.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
St Igmata
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
St Igmata wrote:It would have been a mistake if these guys were delisted and theyre ripping it up in the Liston trophy atm imho.
I think they do. Pattow and Milow.
Milo silent 'w'

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Would be in the team right now. He'd be able to take the quick small/medium forwards and give a big of dash out of half back. His skills may not have been silky smooth but he didn't butcher it. Much better kick than Jones, Gram or Gilbert. He was also very cool under pressure; probably had the beat debut of a saints player for a few years. Maybe there was a commitment issue or something, but I really think he should have been kept. It's not like he'd drag us to the finals, but would add some pace and drive to a stagnant defence.

St Igmata
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:Would be in the team right now. He'd be able to take the quick small/medium forwards and give a big of dash out of half back. His skills may not have been silky smooth but he didn't butcher it. Much better kick than Jones, Gram or Gilbert. He was also very cool under pressure; probably had the beat debut of a saints player for a few years. Maybe there was a commitment issue or something, but I really think he should have been kept. It's not like he'd drag us to the finals, but would add some pace and drive to a stagnant defence.
If he could play he would be playing.
He was no superstar to begin with.
He was 24(?) He didnt play seniors.
A couple of years later at age 26 you believe he will make his senior debut and be a footballer?
The proof in the pudding is where is he now?
Clubs didnt fall over themselves to list him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Would be in the team right now. He'd be able to take the quick small/medium forwards and give a big of dash out of half back. His skills may not have been silky smooth but he didn't butcher it. Much better kick than Jones, Gram or Gilbert. He was also very cool under pressure; probably had the beat debut of a saints player for a few years. Maybe there was a commitment issue or something, but I really think he should have been kept. It's not like he'd drag us to the finals, but would add some pace and drive to a stagnant defence.
If he could play he would be playing.
He was no superstar to begin with.
He was 24(?) He didnt play seniors.
A couple of years later at age 26 you believe he will make his senior debut and be a footballer?
The proof in the pudding is where is he now?
Clubs didnt fall over themselves to list him.
he played 2 or 3 decent senior games. so had already debuted.
and hes no robinson crusoe on skills. skills have hardly been much of a roadblock for staying on our list. his skills werent as bad as reported.

hard for him to get picked up when he wasnt given me opportunities in the old shop window.

im pretty sure there wont be many enquiries on www.raph.com.au.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep we got rid of him and no one picked him up. He is an ideal player for our side now. Can I ask you why his only games in 3 years were when we rested players before the finals? He lacked plenty of things and that is why he didnt play and why he got delisted and no one else was interested in him.

loris
Saintsational Legend

L Miles is back playing with Swan Disticts in WAFL and the last 3 weeks has been named in best players. Was injured at start of this season ankle probs still.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:L Miles is back playing with Swan Disticts in WAFL and the last 3 weeks has been named in best players. Was injured at start of this season ankle probs still.
8-) ...nice to see you are still reading....and even posting.....how are you loris...

loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
loris wrote:L Miles is back playing with Swan Disticts in WAFL and the last 3 weeks has been named in best players. Was injured at start of this season ankle probs still.
8-) ...nice to see you are still reading....and even posting.....how are you loris...
I'm doing well stinger...except when I'm watching the Saints play this season........ then I guess I'm not an orphan there eh?

St Igmata
Club Player

Are you sure its the same guy? :P
Well REDRAFT him then.
Carlton took Digan at 26 and he is looking comfortable

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Didn't like his excitement and joy at winning the GF sprint at half time last year. We were looking down the barrell at back to back premiership losses,yet you couldn't wipe the smile off his face at winning the sprint...

Bring back the Lockett era
stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
stinger wrote:
I'm doing well stinger...except when I'm watching the Saints play this season........ then I guess I'm not an orphan there eh?
no.....started game one.....lousy game but i thought we had it won.....we were sitting in amongst cat supporters too....turned out to be a real disappointing weekend.....webber was flowering hopeless too....

...glad to hear that you are well though... :wink: :wink: 8-)

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Yes and i haven't laughed out loud like that in a long time:)

Bp drilling into an interdimensinoal portal rofl...

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.