Question

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NoMore
Club Player

Question

Does anyone know the name of a journalist who follows the saints and sits in the mcc.
He is a bigger bloke with white hair and he sits with his son

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Question

NoMore wrote:Does anyone know the name of a journalist who follows the saints and sits in the mcc.
Russell Brand.

saintbob
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
NoMore wrote:Does anyone know the name of a journalist who follows the saints and sits in the mcc.
Russell Brand.
Was he the one Eddie was having a crack at?????

NoMore
Club Player

Who does he write for

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Russell Holmesby

saint4life
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

His son is also a writer for afl.com.au

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
NoMore
Club Player

It wasnt him.
How would I get in contact with him

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Russell Brand.
I saw Eddie being his usual arrogant self. What was that all about?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Russell Brand.
Anyone know?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope we find out. I am really nervous.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
saintbob wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Russell Brand.
Anyone know?
He was just showing the world what a real wanker is

Another opportunity awaits!
NoMore
Club Player

About wot

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

noreason41
Club Player

Racism is out of the question. PERIOD.

But cmon, the guy caused another guy to be left in a coma. IMO, he's scum for that, he 2v1'd a guy and left him in a coma. Excuses or no excuses, that kind of behaviour is unacceptable, especially for an AFL registered football player.
May have served his time, but doesn't deserve to be playing football again, IMO.

"Those who witnessed it were shocked and horrified at the ferocity of the attack.
"It was brutal and cowardly.

"It must have been clear to (both of) you that Justin Martin stood no chance against you and the other man."

Eddie could do better then defending the likes of a person like him

SteveStevens66
Club Player

From the Hun:

"McGuire's fury was captured on television cameras and he said he was infuriated by hearing "borderline racial abuse".

"borderline racial abuse" It either was or it wasn't. "Borderline" wouldn't hold up as racial vilification.

Especially if, as reported, the guy said "kick him when he's down." That may not be pleasant but where is the racial aspect to this, whether borderline or real? Seems as though McGuire didn't like someone getting stuck into one of his players but claiming racism is a very serious charge, if unwarranted.

If he did racially vilify Krakouer why wasn't the guy evicted?

Carna Saints!!!
noreason41
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:From the Hun:

"McGuire's fury was captured on television cameras and he said he was infuriated by hearing "borderline racial abuse".

"borderline racial abuse" It either was or it wasn't. "Borderline" wouldn't hold up as racial vilification.

Especially if, as reported, the guy said "kick him when he's down." That may not be pleasant but where is the racial aspect to this, whether borderline or real? Seems as though McGuire didn't like someone getting stuck into one of his players but claiming racism is a very serious charge, if unwarranted.

If he did racially vilify Krakouer why wasn't the guy evicted?
Probably for the same reason opposition supporters call Milne a 'rapist' and don't get evicted.

Only reason their's a story about it is because he was seen on TV camera's.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

noreason41 wrote:
Probably for the same reason opposition supporters call Milne a 'rapist' and don't get evicted.
It's not the same, 41. There are racial vilification laws that can have you evicted from a ground and charged.

Calling someone a rapist, on the other hand, might be covered by slander and/or libel laws but is not grounds for eviction.

In fact, calling someone a rapist might, in some circumstances, even be deemed to be free speech. Anti-vilification laws make it that racism is not covered by free speech. That is a big difference.

Carna Saints!!!
noreason41
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:
noreason41 wrote:
It's not the same, 41. There are racial vilification laws that can have you evicted from a ground and charged.

Calling someone a rapist, on the other hand, might be covered by slander and/or libel laws but is not grounds for eviction.

In fact, calling someone a rapist might, in some circumstances, even be deemed to be free speech. Anti-vilification laws make it that racism is not covered by free speech. That is a big difference.
I totally agree with you, Racism is totally off limits.

But the only evidence in this case that exists is McGuire's comments reported in the Herald sun, and the video footage off him telling some person off;
"My ears pricked up the first time and then when he said, 'kick him when he's down', I told him not to do it a third time," he said.

"It was aimed at Krakouer. It was the sec- ond time he had a go at Krakouer.
Which part of that is racial vilification?

I maintain if he wasn't caught on camera's, there would be nothing in it, but because he was, he has to say something.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

41, I think we agree. Where is the racial vilification?

To my mind, McGuire seems to have concocted this or, at least, there is no racism apparent, certainly as far as the story has been reported in the Hun.

It's quite possibly a beat up job, first by McGuire and then by his mouthpiece--this excuse for a newspaper.

Carna Saints!!!
noreason41
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:41, I think we agree. Where is the racial vilification?

To my mind, McGuire seems to have concocted this or, at least, there is no racism apparent, certainly as far as the story has been reported in the Hun.

It's quite possibly a beat up job, first by McGuire and then by his mouthpiece--this excuse for a newspaper.
Yup, Agree.

I don't think their is any malicious intent in this, just McGuire covering himself for what would have been an embarrassing moment caught on TV had he not had a 'good enough' excuse for it.

Seriously, players that have been to prison for 16months, are going to cop a lot more abuse then anyone else on the field.
If McGuire acts up on it every week, their is going to be a lot more stories about him this year.

SaintTom
Club Player

I was right in that area. The guy wasn't being racist from what I heard, he was having a shot at Krak's criminal record. If Eddie is going to get angry at that, he should have a listen to his own clubs supporters having a go at Milne. At least Krak has actually been convicted of something.

I watched Eddie crack it, and I watched the Saints supporter get his number taken. If he was being as racist as was made out, he would have been evicted.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Oh eddie eddie eddie

your team was getting beaten and you couldnt take it and now you play the racism card

what next for this club. coach calls players rapists and cheats

captain asks his own questions at press conference

and now eddie covers up an outburst by using racism.

Borderline racism what is that. Is that like being nearly pregnant

SaintDebi
Club Player

Eddie is a hot headed idiot.
I completely agree that racism is not on, but if it was a racism incident he was concerned about he is a person in a position where he could have had a quiet word to the right person and it would have been dealt with accordingly.
I agree with whoever it was in a previous response who suggested that Ed the dead head was caught on camera being a typical collingwood bogan and has to find a way to justify his actions after being caught on camera. (which is bound to happen when you are an egotistical club president, so learn to behave in a manner that won't embarrass yourself).

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wish I knew who our president was.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Krakouer's violent criminal past and jail time is fair game, imo.

C'mon Eddie, your coach can get away with calling Milne a rapist on national TV. Milne was never even charged.

Anyway, we all know now how to infuriate Eddie ... Just have a go at his players' criminal backgrounds.

You can't be evicted for that.