Seaford non-controversy erupts!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Seaford non-controversy erupts!

HS floats theory that Seaford is a bad move -
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/h ... 6079424137

Jon Ralph, obviously with nothing better to write about, takes one
quote from a Riewoldt interview, warps it a bit, adds a little conjecture, and spins it into a whole controversy.

Wot Nick said- "(The players) spoke about a few of the distractions and a number of things. The move to Seaford - whether
that was a factor - and just re-aligned and found ourselves a new purpose.''
End of story, you'd think ?
Nope...
Ralph spins it into 300 words, including - "Players have clearly had to come to grips with the added 30-45 minute drive each way,
especially when some lived only minutes away from Moorabbin".

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I've heard directly from one player that they don't like the travel. How that equates into disharmony and win-loss is anyone's guess.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

In A "Game of inches" maybe it's just another inch lost :?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It is an embarrassment that this has come up as an issue for the football public to know.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:It is an embarrassment that this has come up as an issue for the football public to know.
As is Topsy The Oxygen Thief :twisted:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

maybe they need contracts like Garry's where he can fly home every fortnight for an extended stay..... they can stay in the city for an extra night and train at Docklands or the G? :wink:

or is the Issue more that the media can't find out what's going on because the petrol price means they are not allowed to drive that far away from Docklands?....... :wink:

and like the other story yesterday that was out of LAST weeks aftermatch press conferance- not the week just gone but the one before- they have just RUN out of new stories and can't be fazed finding a new or halfway interesting topic.

suggestions for them; how many players are combining careers and multiple degrees with football, interesting stories of the other side of football...
supporters ( paper buyers and readers) want to get to know their players- how many kids would insist on getting apaper if their favorite player was in there and how many parents more inclined if it was a positive story.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:It is an embarrassment that this has come up as an issue for the football public to know.
Agreed. Portrays us as a bunch of mentally weak sooks.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Moods wrote:
+1 - pathetic really when I think of the Mr traveling to Brisbane every Monday to work - ooops I forgot they are footballers feeling the pain of driving 30mins to work - kleenex anyone????? Mrs Seaford_Saint

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

In years past they could duck to the local coffee shop between training and meetings, but they are known to believe even that option is lacking at their new facility.

I know of this coffee shop and it's popularity amongst the players as
no- one knew where they were and they were left alone when lunching there after training. And the same went for the coaching staff as well.

I've been begging the lady to see if she can open up another little coffee shop down near the new facility as I think they need a place to go that is away from the ground and the hothouse of internal politics that might be going on.

As for their dislike of having to drive to Seaford, I think Ross should issue a challenge for the players.

"An Amazing Race Saints Style" whereby they catch the bus up South Road to Moorabbin Station to catch the Frankston train down to Kananook, and then walk or catch a bus to Belvedere Park and then see how hard their lives are in comparison when having to driving along Eastlink or Beach Road/Nepean Highway.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Of course the players hate going to Seaford...

But I agree with the comments about how mentally fragile it makes us look.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Of course the players hate going to Seaford...

See I don't get this. I would have thought that the trade up from run down facilities at Moorabbin to world class facilities 15km further away is a no brainer.

I have the utmost respect for Roo, but I reckon his dealings with the media in the last 12mths have been naive at best. Love his honesty, but do the media really need to know that the players are struggling with their change of routine at Seaford? Did he have to say words to the effect that certain sections of the media were out to get us last year, or that he was really unhappy with Sam Gilbert re the Kim Duthie scandal? Did he have to tell the media that he was seeking psychological help to get over the 09 GF loss, as were other players?

To me it ranks right up with Nick Maxwell's father giving an i/view GF week and telling the world that he can't wait to stick it up the doubters who overlooked his son in the draft. Some things should just be kept inhouse I reckon.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

the money some of these blokes are on id be happy to have an excuse to get to drive my 1970 dodge challenger RT for an extra 20 or so mins to training :D

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Of course the players hate going to Seaford...

See I don't get this. I would have thought that the trade up from run down facilities at Moorabbin to world class facilities 15km further away is a no brainer.
Maybe if it had been worded "Of course the players hate driving to Seaford" it might be more accurate. :?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:the money some of these blokes are on id be happy to have an excuse to get to drive my 1970 dodge challenger RT for an extra 20 or so mins to training :D
Exactly matrix. Most men in their age bracket get paid about one fifth of what they earn, and all they do is play football :roll:

What a bunch of whining prima donna's, if this is true.

No wonder we play like s.hit when we have this type of spoilt individual playing for us.

Fair Dinkum, take some of you money and buy some perspective.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

joffaboy wrote:
matrix wrote:the money some of these blokes are on id be happy to have an excuse to get to drive my 1970 dodge challenger RT for an extra 20 or so mins to training :D
Exactly matrix. Most men in their age bracket get paid about one fifth of what they earn, and all they do is play football :roll:

No wonder we play like s.hit when we have this type of spoilt individual playing for us.

Agree.

Dare I say it, but GT had the right idea when he took the team to South Africa pre-season, showed them Soweto, and told them how lucky they were to be AFL footballers in Australia.

That's perspective.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Agree.

Dare I say it, but GT had the right idea when he took the team to South Africa pre-season, showed them Soweto, and told them how lucky they were to be AFL footballers in Australia.

That's perspective.
Seems to have worn off a bit too quickly for my liking :(

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe when a few of them settle into nice beachfront homes on the peninsula they will feel different about Seaford.

St Lenny
Club Player

No one wants to travel extra distrance to work, doesnt mean its an issue. I would imagine the person it effects the most is Ross. Don't buy into the media hype, cause thats all it is.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The players hate Seaford!

Star players will leave!

Out of contract stars from other clubs will not come for this reason alone!

I told a board member in 2008 that this decision is an absolute disgrace, that the players hate it and it will destroy the club.

In reply he said, "Yes I know the players are not happy about it but... blah blah blah, it will increase our supporter base, blah blah blah it will entrench us in .....blah blah blah"

The only thing it will entrench us in is the bottom of the ladder with a dwindling membership!

The next move south will be to Tasmania on a permanent basis, even the current board would probably not see French Island as a viable option, then again given their track record, perhaps I might hedge my bets!

The fact is the club has moved further south and that's precisely where the membership will also be heading.

By 2016, 30,000 members will be a pipe dream, probably have less members than North and as a result sponsorships will dry up and revenue will be more stripped back than a nudist colony.

This will eventually be the ruination of this football club.

The dingbat board must be certifiably bat shyte crazy for ever agreeing to this rubbish.

They con'nivingly and disingenuously never once raised relocation as an issue when they were seeking the vote of the members, then when elected ( I NEVER VOTED FOR THESE CLOWNS ) five minutes in and the big announcement "We are moving to Frankston" then when that c**k up went belly up, out of sheer desperation Archie drives around the area looking for a vacant lot and then a few weeks later the vacant lot make another announcement "We are moving to Seaford"!

Say what you like about Butterss but at least he was actively trying to locate the club as close to St kilda as possible!

I called this a disaster at the time, a white elephant that would destroy this club and send it backwards.

How anyone can say this is a good thing let alone a board actually making such a monumentally lame brain decision to locate an AFL football club in the back blocks of Seaford is either living in cloud cuckoo land or drowning in a gold fish bowl of their own bong water and quite obviously would not get the drum even with a brass band up them.

These clowns will go down in infamy as the buffoons who sold the club up the Kananook creek without a paddle.

Seaford a stuff up one day, a calamity the next!

If you're one of the sleepers who voted for clown Westaway and co, congratulations you have helped this club do what it does better than any other club in history and that is to shoot itself in the foot.

What we needed was to locate to the most marketable suburb in Victoria that actually bears the name of the club or as close to it as possible, something which the previous board was actively working on when they were replaced by a bunch of bonehead cretins, otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation who will forever be held responsible for this idiocy, or as they are more commonly referred to, the current board of the St kilda Football Club!

Another thing that escaped the attention of the vacuous horde of clown Westaway voters is that Butterss had an in with city hall, he and Demetriou were developing a close relationship and finally this club was in a position to curry favour.

NOT NOW, the current surrender monkey board are too busy jumping at shadows to get a FAIR DINKUM clue anytime soon!

Now not only have we moved further south by location, this is precisely where the club is heading on all fronts, ladder position, membership, dollars etc...etc...

I warned this is exactly what would happen two years ago!

How are we travelling, how are things tracking?

Tassie Saints, here we come, might take us ten years to get there but the first steps have been put in place by the visionless twits who actually thought that moving to Seaford was a good thing and that it would propel us into a super power, oh dear!

Goddard is as good as gone, Riewoldt will probably take the bucks next year, Fisher will probably go back to Adelaide, the soul of the club has been ripped apart and sold off to the city of Frankenstein by a vacuous, visionless, vacant lot of numskulled, nuffies, ninnies and numbnuts.

The only thing red, white and black about Seaford is that it will put this club in the red with a white elephant that will make things very black!

The entire board of the St kilda football club otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation should resign en masse effective immediately!

FAIR DINKUM!
Last edited by barks4eva on Thu 23 Jun 2011 1:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:No one wants to travel extra distrance to work, doesnt mean its an issue. I would imagine the person it effects the most is Ross. Don't buy into the media hype, cause thats all it is.
It would take Ross about 30 mins to get from his home to Seaford. It would take him almost 1 Hour to get to Moorabbin, depending on traffic !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:The players hate Seaford!

Star players will leave!

I told a board member in 2008 that this decision is an absolute disgrace, that the players hate it and it will destroy the club.

In reply he said, "Yes I know the players are not happy about it but... blah blah blah, it will increase our supporter base, blah blah blah it will entrench us in .....blah blah blah"

The only thing it will entrench us in is the bottom of the ladder with a dwindling membership!

The next move south will be to Tasmania on a permanent basis, even the current board would probably not see French Island as a viable option, then again given their track record, perhaps I might hedge my bets!

The fact is the club has moved further south and that's precisely where the membership will also be heading.

By 2016, 30,000 members will be a pipe dream, probably have less members than North and as a result sponsorships will dry up and revenue will be more stripped back than a nudist colony.

The dingbat board must be certifiably bat shyte crazy for ever agreeing to this rubbish.

They con'nivingly and disingenuously never once raised relocation as an issue when they were seeking the vote of the members, then when elected ( I NEVER VOTED FOR THESE CLOWNS ) five minutes in and the big announcement "We are moving to Frankston" then when that c**k up went belly up, out of sheer desperation Archie drives around the area looking for a vacant lot and then a few weeks later the vacant lot make another announcement "We are moving to Seaford"!

Say what you like about Butterss but at least he was actively trying to locate the club as close to St kilda as possible!

I called this a disaster at the time, a white elephant that would destroy this club and send it backwards.

How anyone can say this is a good thing let alone a board actually making such a monumentally lame brain decision to locate an AFL football club in the back blocks of Seaford is either living in cloud cuckoo land or drowning in a gold fish bowl of their own bong water and quite obviously would not get the drum even with a brass band up them.

These clowns will go down in infamy as the buffoons who sold the club up the Kananook creek without a paddle.

If you're one of the sleepers who voted for clown Westaway and co, congratulations you have helped this club do what it does better than any other club in history and that is to shoot itself in the foot.

What we needed was to locate to the most marketable suburb in Victoria that actually bears the name of the club or as close to it as possible, something which the previous board was actively working on when they were replaced by a bunch of bonehead cretins, otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation who will forever be held responsible for this idiocy, or as they are more commonly referred to, the current board of the St kilda Football Club!

Another thing that escaped the attention of the vacuous horde of clown Westaway voters is that Butterss had an in with city hall, he and Demetriou were developing a close relationship and finally this club was in a position to curry favour.

NOT NOW, the current surrender monkey board are too busy jumping at shadows to get a FAIR DINKUM clue anytime soon!

Now not only have we moved further south by location, this is precisely where the club is heading on all fronts, ladder position, membership, dollars etc...etc...

Tassie Saints, here we come, might take us ten years to get there but the first steps have been put in place by the visionless twits who actually thought that moving to Seaford was a good thing and that it would propel us into a super power, oh dear!

Goddard is as good as gone, Riewoldt will probably take the bucks next year, Fisher will probably go back to Adelaide, the soul of the club has been ripped apart and sold off to the city of Frankenstein by a vacuous, visionless, vacant lot of numskulled, nuffies, ninnies and numbnuts.

The only thing red, white and black about Seaford is that it will put this club in the red with a white elephant that will make things very black!

The entire board of the St kilda football club otherwise known as the dumbed down, dunderhead dolts of discombobulation should resign en masse effective immediately!

FAIR DINKUM!
That is a lot of writing just to say "I can talk s***".

SainterSoul
Club Player

Moods wrote:
This. Again...I've said this a couple of times..."loser mentality". The strong teams don't have it. That said, I think it's a stretch to base an entire article based on just that sentence.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Burgoyne still managed to be wooed to Hawthorn even though they are in the middle of nowhere.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Star players will leave!

FAIR DINKUM!
Haha,love it! I miss these type of sprays

Bring back the Lockett era
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Star players will leave!

FAIR DINKUM!
I have a low boredom threshold....... can someone tell me if this is worth reading or not?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.