Robert Eddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Robert Eddy

Is there a chance he could be promoted to the senior list?

Lenny LTI, Mini is now out with a suspected broken collar bone, Ledger and Crocker gone for the season, Cripps only just starting his recovery.

We don't have much depth for the midfield, I wonder just who could even be emergency for a spot in there at the moment, giving Mini has been most weeks?

Am I missing someone, who would come in to the midfield if we needed it?

savatage
SS Life Member

Hell no. His disposal isn't even VFL standard.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

With Dempster and Jones playing well I don't see the need for another tagger. Is there someone else we can promote?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Would much rather give Smith a go if we need another small mid.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I'd say Eddy is finished. Really had to go back to Sandy and dominate to justify his spot on the list.

You make a good point though, without McQualter or the youngsters, our midfield does look a bit thin. A guy like Al Smith would be next in line at the moment if we lost a mid from the seniors, and at one point on the weekend, Sandy had Gardiner, Baker and Blake starting in the centre square.

Augers pretty well for the Saints future!!!!!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I think we may throw him back in the river and see what else we can catch.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Eddy

SainterK wrote:Is there a chance he could be promoted to the senior list?

Lenny LTI, Mini is now out with a suspected broken collar bone, Ledger and Crocker gone for the season, Cripps only just starting his recovery.

We don't have much depth for the midfield, I wonder just who could even be emergency for a spot in there at the moment, giving Mini has been most weeks?

One would suspect that we'd wait until we really needed to select him before we upgraded him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Would much rather give Smith a go if we need another small mid.
Thanks, I wondered if there was someone I'd forgotten.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

One would suspect that we'd wait until we really needed to select him before we upgraded him.
True, I just curious who would be emergency this week given Walsh and Mini are also injured.

Guess it would be something like Baker, Blake, Smith

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Hell no. His disposal isn't even VFL standard.

Agree.

Will be delisted come October.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

True, I just curious who would be emergency this week given Walsh and Mini are also injured.

Guess it would be something like Baker, Blake, Smith
Perhaps Nick Winmar - not dominating but might be worth giving him a bit of a confidence boost going into the last 6 weeks of the year?????

hAyES
Club Player

I'd rather put Ross Lyon in the midfield than see Eddy run out there again. He shouldn't have even made it this far.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

If I was going to promote a midfielder rookie my vote would be Tommy Curren. Can't have too many Toms!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would think Archer may get promoted for an extra tall come finals if he isn't already. You guys are awesome another guy to retire after being injured for large parts of this year.

Eddy may not make it but he has been a loyal servant and played with 100% effort in our colours. You guys are cheap shot heroes ready to bag guys the moment things are going badly. Fans have taken to blaming him for being selected in the GF? He played on with broken bones and if we had won would have been talked about in terms of his bravery, now he is just another whipping boy for the forum. Did anyone see Dempster coming on? Peake, have some respect he is a better player than most of the people on here ever were or will be.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

gringo wrote:I would think Archer may get promoted for an extra tall come finals if he isn't already. You guys are awesome another guy to retire after being injured for large parts of this year.

Eddy may not make it but he has been a loyal servant and played with 100% effort in our colours. You guys are cheap shot heroes ready to bag guys the moment things are going badly. Fans have taken to blaming him for being selected in the GF? He played on with broken bones and if we had won would have been talked about in terms of his bravery, now he is just another whipping boy for the forum. Did anyone see Dempster coming on? Peake, have some respect he is a better player than most of the people on here ever were or will be.
We say it as we see it Gringo.

But wiser heads than us will make the decision at the appropriate time.

Basically, we're just flapping our gums talking footy here.

I don't think our opinion on an unofficial Footy Forum is going to hold much weight somehow.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Archer is still on the Senior List.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Archer is still on the Senior List.
That's my understanding also barry, but I must admit it's becoming hard to keep up with all the injuries we're getting.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Eddy current no more.............he tried though

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saints66
Club Player

May do a Bradbury!!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:I would think Archer may get promoted for an extra tall come finals if he isn't already. You guys are awesome another guy to retire after being injured for large parts of this year.

agreed. He struggled to break into an amazing team and when he did get a game I always felt he never quite believed in himself.

Remember he had a shot from the 50 in the gf and it hit the post, I always have thought that if that had gone through he would have belived more in his abilities.

He also seems to be really well liked at the club and sometimes you just need those guys as the glue

fqf

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Only one thing I don't get:How can a bloke be bad enough to delist when 3 weeks earlier he was good enough to play in GF2 whilst significantly injured?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Only one thing I don't get:How can a bloke be bad enough to delist when 3 weeks earlier he was good enough to play in GF2 whilst significantly injured?
If Lyon had his time over again do you think he would of selected Eddy in the GF? I don't believe so.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:

agreed. He struggled to break into an amazing team and when he did get a game I always felt he never quite believed in himself.

Remember he had a shot from the 50 in the gf and it hit the post, I always have thought that if that had gone through he would have belived more in his abilities.

He also seems to be really well liked at the club and sometimes you just need those guys as the glue

fqf
Judging by the tweets of many high profile Saints, Eddy remains incredibly well liked at Seaford.

Not saying he should be retained; just saying.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Don't want to open old wounds but if you apply that theory to selections/moves in 09 Granny there may be 2 flags worth of regret!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Don't want to open old wounds but if you apply that theory to selections/moves in 09 Granny there may be 2 flags worth of regret!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Who knows whether playing Ball more in the last quarter would have changed the outcome. He was renowned for lack of spread and lack of accountability so whose to say that if Ross played him more we wouldn't of been beaten by more?

Anyway I'm just rationalising why Lyon didn't have Eddy in our top 40 (or whatever the list is) when weeks earlier he had him in our top 22 playing in a GF. Weird. It was like overnight he changed his perception of the bloke. Surely you can't judge someone on one game (being the GF).