You've just been Dempstered!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

You've just been Dempstered!

Seriously. Can anyone in the AFL get a kick against this guy?

Would love to know the stats of his direct opposition this year.

(Or lack thereof)

Frugal.

If only he would smile, while sucking the life from his opponents. :twisted:

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Seems like a really serious guy. He's nothing if not focused. I guess he and Schneids make up for Lockett and Hall. Not.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
stkfc1
Club Player

"Hayden Ballantyne astoundingly did not have a single possession - in fact, did not have a single stat - for the first term opposed to Sean Dempster and was moved into the middle in the second to work his way into the game".

My point!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: You've just been Dempstered!

Who should he get Friday?

Swan?

Pendlebury?

Thomas?

Which is the Magpie that you have to stop to stop them?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Who should he get Friday?

Swan?

Pendlebury?

Thomas?

Last few times he has got Didak.

He may not play.

I think Thomas would run off him, Jones perhaps?

Fisher may take Pendles.

Steven may go against Swan.

Dempster to Pendlebury?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Swan?

Pendlebury?

Thomas?

He may not play.

Fisher may take Pendles.

Dempster to Pendlebury?

I know they've got a lot of guns, but who is the man to target more than anyone else is what I'm asking?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Swan?

Pendlebury?

Thomas?

He may not play.

Fisher may take Pendles.

Dempster to Pendlebury?
I hope and doubt they would put Dempster in the middle. That is far to negative. Hopefully he will play on someone outside the middle like Thomas. CJ can play in the middle beause he can get the ball, Dempster doesnt. Not sure Fisher will play in the middle next week. May be needed down back. He was obviously playing on Pav yesterday where ever he went.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dempster took Swan last time and pretty much came out on top. Swan had no influeance on the game and from memory only kicked a goal when it was all over.. Reckon he will take him..

Jones has to take Pendlebury. He is their play maker and is their Dal Santo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:Dempster took Swan last time and pretty much came out on top. Swan had no influeance on the game and from memory only kicked a goal when it was all over.. Reckon he will take him..

We lost last time by 10 goals. Surely 2 taggers in the middle is not the way to go.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He reminds me of Voldermort

A true villain

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:Dempster took Swan last time and pretty much came out on top. Swan had no influeance on the game and from memory only kicked a goal when it was all over.. Reckon he will take him..

We lost last time by 10 goals. Surely 2 taggers in the middle is not the way to go.
We werent playing good footy when we played them last time and were only a kick down at half time (should have been up but for piss poor umpiring). Think Ross released the tags after half time. If we just go H2H with Swan & Pendles then we will go down by 100+ points...

Swan doesnt have to be a hard tag, just have to make him accountable and ineffective. He will get 30 odd touches every week, its how he uses them which you can control. Cheap 15m kicks in backline is good for us...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We werent playing good footy when we played them last time and were only a kick down at half time (should have been up but for piss poor umpiring). Think Ross released the tags after half time. If we just go H2H with Swan & Pendles then we will go down by 100+ points...

Swan doesnt have to be a hard tag, just have to make him accountable and ineffective. He will get 30 odd touches every week, its how he uses them which you can control. Cheap 15m kicks in backline is good for us...
We dont have to go head to head. CJ can tag one of them and we can go head to head with the other. Fisher could even play on Swan but just as a run with and also get it player. Dempster doesnt get the ball. He is better as a backman who can play on a dangerous forward like Thomas when he is down there.

mcadam05
Club Player

hungry for a premiership wrote:Seems like a really serious guy. He's nothing if not focused. I guess he and Schneids make up for Lockett and Hall. Not.
Move on! lockett if he had stayed would of been done with footy altogeather by the end of 95 and we would of lost Loewe too the dockers as for barry we got Nick dal santo for him that wasnt a bad swap was it :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:Seriously. Can anyone in the AFL get a kick against this guy?

Would love to know the stats of his direct opposition this year.

(Or lack thereof)

Frugal.

If only he would smile, while sucking the life from his opponents. :twisted:
be like having an undertaker with a tape measure following you all day....unnerving to say the least....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:Seems like a really serious guy. He's nothing if not focused. I guess he and Schneids make up for Lockett and Hall. Not.
Move on! lockett if he had stayed would of been done with footy altogeather by the end of 95
or...

...we would have won a premiership in 97....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mcadam05
Club Player

stinger wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:
Move on! lockett if he had stayed would of been done with footy altogeather by the end of 95
or...

...we would have won a premiership in 97....
lol your kidding right if lockett had stay we would of got maybe 2 yrs out of him we would of lost loewe and burke because we wouldnt of had the money too keep them and really lack of goals really wasn't the reason for losing the 97 flag

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Think we should go Steven on Swan, just for the learning experience.

Does anyone else see the extreme similarities in the way they play? They even have the same running style. Steven could learn a lot from running around with Swan.

asaint
Club Player

I will have to eat my hat over this guy. He is playing good footy. I had previously wondered why Lyon kept selecting him. Always happy to be wrong in these situations.

Sam23
SS Life Member

This was posted on Bigfooty a few weeks ago in regards to Dempster's tagging
I think his amazing stopping form has gone largely unnoticed from opposition supporters and would love to get some opinions on him.

Early in the year, I was really keen to have Dempster demoted to Sandy, but he has proved me wrong in a big big way! One of our first picked now.

Since he started getting a defensive role every week, Round 10, he has really been fantastic, and been a big part of our current form turn around.

Our just outline the jobs his done lately

Round 10 vs. Ballantyne - Only 13 touches for the little man.

Round 11 vs. Swan - held Swan to just 12 touches to 3/4 time. Tag was released in the last quarter, and Swan found a heap of it. Swan largely ineffectual until late in junk time when Dempster was no long following him.

Round 12 vs. Giansiracusa - Only 6 kicks and 9 handballs for Gia. Gia also kicked 2 goals.

Round 13 vs. S.Johnson - Johnson came in with career best form and was totally shut out of the game by Dempster. Johnson didn't trouble the scorers and 13 of his 20 touches were in the back half.

Round 14, bye

Round 15 vs. Harvey - Held Harvey to just 17 touches and a goal.

Round 16 vs. Pearce - Just 16 touches for Pearce.

Round 17 vs. Embley - Embley has had a sensational year. Dempster just about Saints most important player on the night. Held Embley to just 12 touches and no influence.

Round 18 vs. Vince - Destroyed Bernie. Just killed him. 13 touches for Vince, including 4 clangers and just 46% efficiency.
Add in his next two performances aganst Brennan last week (12 touches IIR) and Ballantyne last night (8 touches) - pretty amazing.

He is the best stopper in the league. [/quote]

Goddard.
saint tash
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If u have seen how Swan he players he doesn't rack up cheap half assed stats in the backhalf ala Bryce Gibbs.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Go Seany!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Go Seany!
You can pick 'em all right. Gwilt and now Dempster. Can you do something about Riewoldt's kicking?

Rosco
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:He reminds me of Voldermort

A true villain
more like a dementor, sucking the life out (as stated by the OP), and more like his name :)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Dumptruck delivers again!

BUSTED...SUCKERPUNCHED...

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!