I'd like you to stay Ross.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I'd like you to stay Ross.

Just declaring myself and putting it out there...

Not That I have any final say in the matter......... Ps I liked your answer on the touchy subject of the former # 14

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

So do I Bratty.
Maybe a petition would be a good idea so that the supporters can vote on it. I'm sure 95% plus love and respect Rossy and would want him to stay for the long term.
He of course indicated to Tony24 at training last week that his plan was to be at the Saints for the long term.
I don;t know how to set up a petition but maybe you (or someone else) know how.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I want him to stay to Brat, give him the chance to go again with a team he can mould and select himself.

By the way, who is Tony74 in relation to the club, why would he know anymore?

I love this club
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd be staggered if any more than 1% of Saintsationalists wanted him to go.

IN ROSS WE TRUST

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bob__71
Club Player

Add me to the list of those who would really like him to stay.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

There are many many examples identified on this site over time, which show that the Club is simply not "actively" listening to its Members.

If you/we want to be heard, "get in their face" and "be seen" by expressing your opinions in a quantifiable way. At least they will hear you. Whether they "listen" or not, is another issue.

The common "get out" statement from the Club is that it has many members and many different opinions. They can't address all opinions.

SEND A MESSAGE - it's very easy to do. Email your thoughts to : membership@saints.com.au

philtee
Club Player

I wanna be in that number.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I'm going to address this from another angle.

Has Ross realised that with his key forward on borrowed knee time, an ageing list, and insufficient second level talent coming through, that his time as a potential premiership coach at the Saints has come to an end?

It will be at least six years till we are there again, and that is a long time to stay as an AFL coach with no success.

It would probably be in his best economic interest to grab the big money from Melbourne whist its on offer, and depart the scene win or lose in three to four years time.

Passion and loyalty are fine attributes, but they don't secure the future of your family like cold hard cash does.

If he goes, he goes..... and good luck to him.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
paddy
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:I'm going to address this from another angle.

Has Ross realised that with his key forward on borrowed knee time, an ageing list, and insufficient second level talent coming through, that his time as a potential premiership coach at the Saints has come to an end?

It will be at least six years till we are there again, and that is a long time to stay as an AFL coach with no success.

It would probably be in his best economic interest to grab the big money from Melbourne whist its on offer, and depart the scene win or lose in three to four years time.

Passion and loyalty are fine attributes, but they don't secure the future of your family like cold hard cash does.

If he goes, he goes..... and good luck to him.
You do have a point, lamentable as it may be...

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I really hope he stays.

There isnt much out there to replace him with and I personally see Ross Lyon being a very long term Saints coach.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He should stay. I hope.

But if he doesnt, is there any likely candidates floating around?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Whats his trade value?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

6 years
really??

wow
way to have faith in some of the youth coming thru

paddy
Club Player

If he stays he can prove that he is able to 'rebuild' a club...

As it stands, he shows that he is able to do what it takes to make a team competitive short term....

if he stays on, he can create a team of good youngsters, that will dominate the competition for years and years (a la collingwoods current list)

I am not implying that we havent had a strong list over these past few years.... Just that they haven't been quite strong enough and lacked depth

anyway just thinking outloud I guess

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

matrix wrote:6 years
really??

wow
Who do you reckon is going to be able to fill the Roo/Kosi void?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

If he wants to go to Melbourne, let him...

He'll be out of a job within 3 years...

The 'potential' being thrown around about Melbourne's list is the biggest load of crap I've heard in ages...

Bunch of benchpress beach body outside front runners in the middle (with the exception of Trengove, who is the only quality they have in the guts, assuming Scully is gone), 1 key back of worth in Frawley, and Watts up forward(ish) has shown a little bit... Not much mind you, with very little oposition...

Ross won't have the top end quality to build his team around like he inherited with us... They have no one near the level of Roo, BJ or Lenny, and our second tier of Fisher, Dal and Monty are probably still better than their best 2-3 players...

So, if Ross wants to be short sighted, and chase the cash, and be out of a job by 2014, with his reputation in tatters, than be our guest...

It will just prove that good players make good coaches, not vice versa...

Rosco
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:I want him to stay to Brat, give him the chance to go again with a team he can mould and select himself.

Tony74 had a chat with Ross at a recent training, reported on it in a recent thread: http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

We should contract him for 7 years.

He should be here for the next rebuild as Roo, Goddard, Dal Santo, Kosi, Montagna core retire over the next few years.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

We haven't even hit rock bottom yet. Surely he should stay until the knives are sharp.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:I want him to stay to Brat, give him the chance to go again with a team he can mould and select himself.

Tony74 had a chat with Ross at a recent training, reported on it in a recent thread: http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=
ok thanks

ps, not doubting Tony`s info, just hoping he is somone who is in the know

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
matrix wrote:6 years
really??

wow
Who do you reckon is going to be able to fill the Roo/Kosi void?
gee let me see
walsh
sipa
stanley

cripa will take milnes eventually

thequarry
Club Player

I really did like the idea of Ross approaching the board with a long-term plan that he wanted to be approved (whether or not it brought success instantly) in order for him to extend his contract. The club finally feels a lot more stable and professional (off-field spats be damned; I'm obviously saying this from the perspective of a member, not an insider) and I think allowing Ross a considered approach to the future, particularly with Pelchen on board, would continue the culture change that's being undertaken at the club at the moment for the better.

If he does go and the board can't find a genuinely appropriate replacement, I worry the place may become very unsettled again.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty cool to have a coach that is actually wanted by other clubs for a change.

Seriously, when was the last time we had a coach that was offered a gig at another club?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I would suggest that Ross has presented a plan to the board that is yet to be rubber stamped.

If or when it is, he will be able to commit to the club long term & vice versa.

Ross doesn't appear to me to be the type that will cut & run when things get tough. I reckon the criticism some level at him about being unable to rebuild a club would really irk him & he sees that as his next big challenge.

The addition of Pelchen (at Ross' suggestion) means to me that they are going to totally rebuild the club into the absolute powerhouse that previous coaching regimes didn't quite manage to do. Recruiting and player development are now well funded & not ignored.

I just have this feeling that IF we miss the finals you can guarantee a significant upheaval in the playing list. If we struggle in & go out pretty quickly then it will still happen. The only thing that may save this group from being broken up is an inspired (& unlikely) run deep into September (maybe only to October).

And if he shoots through move heaven & earth to get Malthouse.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:It's pretty cool to have a coach that is actually wanted by other clubs for a change.

Seriously, when was the last time we had a coach that was offered a gig at another club?
Jeans?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'