Welcome back, Sam Gilbert!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Welcome back, Sam Gilbert!

Very surprised that there isn't a thread on him after tonight's fantastic return to form. It was like watching the Gilbert of 2009/2010 again (albeit without the high marking). He looked to have all his confidence and drive back and played with real purpose and surety, reading and attacking the ball extremely well and making the correct decisions when running it out. Also kicked it well.
I wouldn't have wanted to swap him unless we got someone incredible in return, 12 months ago, but in recent weeks I've been thinking maybe we ought to look at trading him at the end of the year, but if he keeps on playing like he did tonight, he'll probably be no-where near the trade table.
Hope you keep it up Gilbo. :D

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree, was good tonight.

Roo and Gilbert are the last pieces of the puzzle IMO.

Well said APS

saint tash
Club Player

That's a thread on four maybe five players.

Only got another 17/18 threads to go and we have the kudos completed for the whole side for another week :roll: .

How about Zachariah? Blakey?

Oh when the saints go charging in!
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saint tash wrote:That's a thread on four maybe five players.

Only got another 17/18 threads to go and we have the kudos completed for the whole side for another week :roll: .

How about Zachariah? Blakey?
Sorry, I didn't realise you were counting, or that we had to run any new thread suggestions by you. :wink:
As for Zac or Blake, I didn't think they played clearly their best games of the year tonight, or anywhere near it, but I thought Gilbo did, after having had a really poor year, hence the thread.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

A great asset to the team when he is up and about. Love watching him back himself and kick the ball long and not try and pin-point 20-30 metre passes because that's when he's in all sorts. Played well last night.

ando051
Club Player

Totally agree, Great game Gilbo had the run back tonight and did not doubt his decision making. In saying that it does help when there are players in the forward line to kick to.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

about time he hit some form
been on his case all year

welcome back gilbs 8-)

bergsone
SS Life Member

Had him in my votes,something that hasnt happened for a while.Hope its not just a case of him playing well when all around him are on top,

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Last night may just be the turning point for Gilbo. Great to see his confidence lifting as the night went on. Let's just hope it continues into the finals - if so, we will ruffle a few feathers.

I think that the Carlton match will be an indicator of whether we are "running on," as they say.

Badlands
Club Player

as i posted in the match day thread - reckon their were signs last week. But last night was even better. He is just looking more like the Gilbo of old and seems finally to not be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Good on him.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.